Anyone else have trouble choosing a color?

CDR
Apr 01, 2022

Rank III

Apr 01, 2022

I had a tough time choosing a color and wondered how many others felt this way? Totally expect to be happy with my Bronco when it arrives and I'm function over form usually. There was a small hope one or two colors (other than black or white) from '66 would be offered. Add a white top and white steel wheels - heritage edition done and dusted.
Marmot, Darrel
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 01, 2022

Rank V

Apr 01, 2022

I had a tough time choosing a color and wondered how many others felt this way? Totally expect to be happy with my Bronco when it arrives and I'm function over form usually. There was a small hope one or two colors (other than black or white) from '66 would be offered. Add a white top and white steel wheels - heritage edition done and dusted.
Hit the easy button. Wife chose the color. AMB. She did well...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
22OBX, Darrel

Rank VI

Apr 01, 2022

What did you go with?

Color was definitely the hardest thing for me. I eventually settled on Velocity blue. I periodically had flights of fancy of that fiery temptress Race Red, but stuck to my guns on VB. I did have a brief flirtation with eruption green, it wasn't really a bright enough color for me
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
SIDJake, Darrel

Rank V

Apr 01, 2022

I just went my the same colour as my first Bronco.
Darrel

Rank V

Apr 01, 2022

Started with iconic silver, then saw a Cyber orange unit at a showcase event, and switched to that, now I've gone back to the iconic silver. I want the most effective color combination that creates the best contrast between trim, and body color (no I won't be going white).

When do they offer a two tone body ???!!!! just wondering, and hoping they will.
2Dr Badlands, manual, 322A, Iconic Silver, baby seal leather seat covers, reserved 2-24-22, stickered/blend date 9/30/22
jetboyb747, Darrel

Formerly True

Apr 01, 2022

I definitely did. Changed 3 times till I found HPR love the color.
Darrel

Standing Grumpy Face

Apr 01, 2022

I don't love any of the currently available colors. Most of them are boring and generic IMO. The only unique colors are the most ordered and will be everywhere. Area 51 and Cactus Gray. Unfortunately Ford spreads their colors over the whole vehicle lineup. They need to take a page from Jeep and make Bronco exclusive colors that stand out from the crowd. Hopefully in a few years when things level out they will start offering limited run cool colors exclusive to the Bronco.
Darrel, ebrs929

Rank IV

Apr 01, 2022

This was the only part for me that I struggled with. In the end I let my wife decide it's fate. I'm glad I went Cyber Orange. Guess that's why she keeps me in the right lane in life
jetboyb747, PSUTE

Rank III

Apr 01, 2022

I wanted the Saber Orange (Mustang Color) instead of Cyber (School Bus) Orange and Ford said No. So wrapping or paint job it will be when it ever arrives.
2022/Outer Banks/Cyber Orange/2 Door/Hardtop/Sasquatch
SIDJake, Darrel

Rank V

Apr 01, 2022

Cactus gray and area 51 Will be the dominant colors you see everywhere that ruled them out immediately for me.

Black went away because I want contrast between the body parts and the trim pieces, not a big fan of red cars, blue looked too much like it’s a toy.

Eruption green is a color that I like a lot , but it still doesn’t give enough contrast for me.

It was through the process of elimination as I went through colors what was going to work, and what wasn’t.
2Dr Badlands, manual, 322A, Iconic Silver, baby seal leather seat covers, reserved 2-24-22, stickered/blend date 9/30/22
Darrel

Rank IV

Apr 01, 2022

So, I went Area 51 and I love it but, if I did it again I'd go Eruption Green. I've seen it on a Big Bronco and it really has depth!
Darrel, jon1drfl

Rank IV

Apr 01, 2022

I wanted the Saber Orange (Mustang Color) instead of Cyber (School Bus) Orange and Ford said No. So wrapping or paint job it will be when it ever arrives.
My license plate was gonna be shrtbus but ...
PSUTE, Darrel

Rank V

Apr 01, 2022

My license plate was gonna be shrtbus but ...

Socially inappropriate .... and I like it.
PSUTE, Darrel

Rank IV

Apr 01, 2022

Socially inappropriate .... and I like it.
There was also a special Olympics plate it was gonna go on but I felt that was 2 far
PSUTE, Darrel

Rank V

Apr 01, 2022

There was also a special Olympics plate it was gonna go on but I felt that was 2 far
Had a buddy who did a total white out on a suburban, body, trim, wheels, accessories, and was gonna call it GR. WHITE , but chickened out because he thought people would think it racist. I thought it was perfect.
Darrel, Licknstick

Rank III

Apr 01, 2022

No trouble whatsoever. I knew I wanted the Cyber Orange from the moment I saw it in the advance marketing. I just wish I was able to get the doors with the holes in the them. I've had my First Edition 6 months and I still love it
Darrel, CDR

Rank IV

Apr 01, 2022

I am boring and I always worry about getting a color that I would get sick of. I went black. It looks stealthy. Then again, I always get black cars ... LOL!
'22 OBX | 4 Dr | 2.7L | MIC | High Pkg | Shadow Black |Res 2.23.21 | Ord 10.23.21 | 4.5.22 BLEND | Delivered 7.23.22. 🖤
PSUTE, Darrel

Gladesmen

Apr 01, 2022

I was an A51 even before I knew what the color was. But now I am Hopefully a very rare color. Desert Sand. I always wanted a tan Bronco.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Darrel

Rank VI

Apr 01, 2022

I've been Cyber Orange since the beginning as well. But, oddly enough, I just had a dream last night where I saw one in Area 51. So maybe there's something deep in the recesses of my psyche. But I'm a photographer and plan on taking my Bronco on adventures out west. I don't think any of the colors pop as well as the Cyber Orange. And I agree with @jon1drfl....I want the donut doors!
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top
jetboyb747, Darrel

Rank III

Apr 01, 2022

What did you go with?

Color was definitely the hardest thing for me. I eventually settled on Velocity blue. I periodically had flights of fancy of that fiery temptress Race Red, but stuck to my guns on VB. I did have a brief flirtation with eruption green, it wasn't really a bright enough color for me
Cactus Gray because it close to Haze Gray from my Navy days. There is a reference to it being called Fighter Gray on Mustangs a few years ago.
SAARRAAA, Darrel