Advocate II

Dec 4, 2021
Moab, UT
First Name
Kelvin
Last Name
Lu
Member #

Did you read the article? Michigan law doesn't allow the dead employee's family to sue the dealership directly. But the court has ordered the dealership to pay if the defendant is found liable. The lessons here are that you can be sued by anybody at anytime and if you drive a stick maybe you should change your own oil.

"So in reality, the owner is going to be held responsible, but the dealership’s insurance company is paying," Femminineo told McClatchy News. He said he hopes a verdict in excess of $15 million is awarded.

Slownstddy

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 7, 2020
USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

Did you read the article? Michigan law doesn't allow the dead employee's family to sue the dealership directly. But the court has ordered the dealership to pay if the defendant is found liable. The lessons here are that you can be sued by anybody at anytime and if you drive a stick maybe you should change your own oil.

"So in reality, the owner is going to be held responsible, but the dealership’s insurance company is paying," Femminineo told McClatchy News. He said he hopes a verdict in excess of $15 million is awarded.
I think your making an assumption here. That quote is an assumption as well. Nothing is final until the judge in the case says it is. This story is a cautionary tale at most for the rest of us. Dont "assume" anything anymore.

Reactions: GrNWildtrak