Already NOT liking some things about the Bronco?

FineLineMtrSprts
May 15, 2021

Rank 0

May 15, 2021

So this may come off as a little harsh but has anyone else LOVE the new Bronco....but not like some small things about it?
I'll start....
1.No rear HVAC vents...I really feel it could have been designed better to put at least one vent in back of the 4dr for rear seat passengers/animals.
I heard there will be vents under the front seats for the rear but I don't think that's enough.
2. You have to get really high top tier models to get power seats. Even the mid level you can't get a drivers power seat. The height adjustment for us taller folks would be nice in the lower trim levels.
3. The rock rails aren't really rock rail from what I've seen. Supposedly there don't appear to be many options in the frame for bolting some in. I know some of that may change with the "accessories" offered ..which brings me to another thing...why not offer step bars on all levels and not just mid tier as an option, just seems odd
4. Very minor....but its it a bit odd the brush bar on the front bumper covers up the Bronco name?
5. This may change at some point....but kinda wish they offered a actual hard top that was painted body color. I know some have wished for a true SUV with no removeable top what so ever. I wouldn't be opposed to that either lol.
Besides having a V8 option...lol..I know I know...there really isn't much other I would change about it.
But, what do you other folks thing? Anything you wish it had or didn't have?
2012 Toyota 4Runner Trail Lifted on 33's -2003 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 lowered on 20's -2002 Crown Victoria LS Sport
mccoya2013, AD BRONCO
Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2021

Rank VI

May 15, 2021

So this may come off as a little harsh but has anyone else LOVE the new Bronco....but not like some small things about it?
I'll start....
1.No rear HVAC vents...I really feel it could have been designed better to put at least one vent in back of the 4dr for rear seat passengers/animals.
I heard there will be vents under the front seats for the rear but I don't think that's enough.
2. You have to get really high top tier models to get power seats. Even the mid level you can't get a drivers power seat. The height adjustment for us taller folks would be nice in the lower trim levels.
3. The rock rails aren't really rock rail from what I've seen. Supposedly there don't appear to be many options in the frame for bolting some in. I know some of that may change with the "accessories" offered ..which brings me to another thing...why not offer step bars on all levels and not just mid tier as an option, just seems odd
4. Very minor....but its it a bit odd the brush bar on the front bumper covers up the Bronco name?
5. This may change at some point....but kinda wish they offered a actual hard top that was painted body color. I know some have wished for a true SUV with no removeable top what so ever. I wouldn't be opposed to that either lol.
Besides having a V8 option...lol..I know I know...there really isn't much other I would change about it.
They've already redesigned the brush bar.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
PSUTE, Chief1301

Rank 0

May 15, 2021

I was hoping they would at some point. Minor I know but thought it was pretty obvious snafu lol
2012 Toyota 4Runner Trail Lifted on 33's -2003 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 lowered on 20's -2002 Crown Victoria LS Sport
AD BRONCO, TK1215

Member 2541 Jerry

May 15, 2021

I'll start....
There are going to be a multitude of ways to improve the Bronco , ever herd the saying...
“You’ve gotta keep an ACE ?”
Bronco will evolve...”it’s marketing “
I’m sure a few years down the line
-wagoneer types will eventually be built with fixed HVAC.
-Probably one piece removable tops.
-V8 likely / with stick.
In today’s world, “Bronco is a Toy market”
Not like in the 60s when majority of homesteads were on dirt roads and massive numbers of farmers nationwide.
I honestly hope it never evolves “far” from where it is. But unfortunately it likely will.

IMO- The explorer line has all the luxury you want to order, beef that drivetrain up and leave the Bronco alone.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
gizmohd, Chief1301

Libations MOD

May 15, 2021

1. cant have wash-out interior and put vents everywhere
2. again electronics don't play well when wet
3. many AM don't truly attach to the frame, they are rated to hold the weight of the truck as is
4. redesign doesn't block your beloved Bronco (i removed MOD bumper for an AM as I keep the factory fog light control then)
5. obviously you haven't done much research as MOD top is painted
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
MN_OuterBanks, Hobgoblin

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

May 15, 2021

There are going to be a multitude of ways to improve the Bronco , ever herd the saying...
“You’ve gotta keep an ACE ?”
Bronco will evolve...”it’s marketing “
I’m sure a few years down the line
-wagoneer types will eventually be built with fixed HVAC.
-Probably one piece removable tops.
-V8 likely / with stick.
In today’s world, “Bronco is a Toy market”
Not like in the 60s when majority of homesteads were on dirt roads and massive numbers of farmers nationwide.
I honestly hope it never evolves “far” from where it is. But unfortunately it likely will.

IMO- The explorer line has all the luxury you want to order, beef that drivetrain up and leave the Bronco alone.

i agree and the new Explorer Timberline is what some people need to look into for creature comfort .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
TK1215, Bronco V-8

Rank V

May 15, 2021

People will come out with better rock rails. The vehicles the gave to the AM companies already redesigned them.

The biggest annoyance with the whole bronco, besides waiting for it, is the wip antenna on the front fender. They couldn't put it in the window? I am just gonna put a shorty one on there but would have been nice to have a cleaner look.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
TK1215, FineLineMtrSprts

Rank 0

May 15, 2021

I do know the MOD top is painted....but just Black and have heard of white being an option down the road.
As far as luxury stuff...I wouldn't call power seats that luxury, not like I'm asking for heated massaging seats lol.
The antenna I thought about but honestly I put a 5in stubby antenna on my 4runner and my JKU when I had it...I NEVER listen to FM. Its either streaming from my phone or Satellite radio.
I know things will change once things get going into full production and I expect it to drop a model designation or two a year or two into production.
I know its a fully washable interior...but if that same interior can offer a 10 speaker B&O sound system they can offer rear vents and power seats in lower models.
Sure it's a bit nit picky, will it stop me from getting one? Probably not....but I'm not ordering one till I drive one , so I have some time.
Deano Bronc, AD BRONCO

Rank IV

May 15, 2021

I'll start....
I guess you could always buy an explorer. No need for rear HVaC with the roof off;). I don’t think this vehicle was principally designed as a daily drive, family car.
Hobgoblin, TK1215

Rank 0

May 15, 2021

Oh its totally ok for daily driveing...why wouldn't you want to daily drive a truck on 35's lol.
That new Explorer isnt for me. If it had the 2.7 or 3.0 ecoboost and I knew someone was going to offer a lift kit for it, I MIGHT consider it lol.
I knew this post would ruffle some feather...but I was just bored at work and speaking my mind. In all honesty I'm also interested in what Toyota does with the next 4Runner....if anything lol
Deano Bronc, AD BRONCO

Home, home on the range

May 15, 2021

For me personally none of the things mentioned bother me. Power seats are something I never use on my current ride, I don't have young kids and am getting a 2dr so rear comfort not an issue. Rockrails will be fine as I'm not getting a Squatch, love having a removable top (and 1 reason for getting a Bronco), not getting a brush guard from Ford, and the MIC top is just fine for what I ordered.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Chief1301, TK1215

Rank III

May 15, 2021

The thing that bothers me the most is no rear seat cupholders unless you get the leather interior. I live in Texas. Leather is not a great option down here.
DRWright, Gocats

Rank VI

May 15, 2021

712CBD37-B846-4E51-996B-22B418BDE478.jpeg
I’m happy with the version I will be getting,
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
AD BRONCO, vintage

Life is a Highway

May 15, 2021

I am kind of hoping that all of these people who don’t like this vehicle will cancel their early orders so I can get mine! I mean it won’t be any sooner...I’m just saying :ROFLMAO:
TEEDEE, AD BRONCO

Rank VI

May 15, 2021

I don’t like how thin the plastic panels in the back are. And I don’t like the gas tank being the lower thing underneath.
OBXBroncoGuy

May 15, 2021

I am kind of hoping that all of these people who don’t like this vehicle will cancel their early orders so I can get mine! I mean it won’t be any sooner...I’m just saying :ROFLMAO:
I agree!
TK1215, SlashRacer

Standing Grumpy Face

May 15, 2021

The only things I can't get over are the fender flares. Which look like landscaping edging. And the fact that the BD with the rubberized washout floors has carpet on the back of the rear seats. Oh and the fact they don't have heated seats and steering wheel paired together. Stupid IMO. Who wants one without the other?
Deano Bronc, AD BRONCO

Rank IV

May 15, 2021

The ONE thing I don’t like is that it’s NOT in my driveway... but I think it might get fixed in the future... I HOPE!!!
TurnerNHooch, DRWright

Rank VI

May 16, 2021

I'm hoping my excitement will eventually calm down. There is nothing I don't like except not having it. This will be my first new car in nearly 10 years and when I ordered it, I kicked my usual penny-pinching into the corner and and got everything I wanted. This will be my treat to me and the anticipation is driving me nuts. I've been building my tool/emergency bag, mapped out the lights I'm going to get, got my list of DIO accessories for when I actually get a build date, even have a list of stickers to order. Just need to find a seller that will put Motorhead's Snaggletooth on a 35" spare cover.
Deano Bronc, Rydfree

Rank VI

May 16, 2021

But now many are complaints about it being too high!!
2022 Bronco BadSquatch, 1974 Bronco Ranger, 1976 Bronco Crawler, 1978 Bronco Custom
Deano Bronc, PSUTE