Airing Up/Down Gear

BuzzyBud
Jan 13, 2021

Rank VI

Jan 13, 2021

With a goal of completing the Trans-New Hampshire Overland Adventure Route soon after my Bronco arrives, thought I should assemble my airing up/down gear.

A buddy with a 2020 Jeep on 37s will be my guinea pig for testing the gear as spring arrives.

I have an existing Viair 400P-RV compressor which should be fine until I can determine if an onboard ARB Twin will fit in the Bronco.

Added in two additional items. The Indeflate two hose and the Coyote tire deflators.

Should be fun playing with the new toys in preparation for time spent on the playground!

Tire Airing Gear.jpg
Thane, Rhiostatic
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2021

Rank VI

Jan 13, 2021

That will be a lot of fun in the new Bronco! How do you like that VIAIR compressor? Have you used it to fill 35+ tires? I have a cheap Amazon compressor that works great on my other vehicles but when I air down to like 15 PSI and try to fill my 35’s back to 40+ PSI it struggles.
MY21 2dr Black Diamond 7MT Velocity Blue!
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Jan 13, 2021

That will be a lot of fun in the new Bronco! How do you like that VIAIR compressor? Have you used it to fill 35+ tires? I have a cheap Amazon compressor that works great on my other vehicles but when I air down to like 15 PSI and try to fill my 35’s back to 40+ PSI it struggles.
I have not yet used it on 35+ tires. My truck runs on 33s and my RV is 32s. My buddy’s new Jeep will be the test case in the spring. Never really worrying about time or effort in the past, that will all change with my Bronco.
Slownstddy, IL21Bronco

Rank VI

Jan 13, 2021

I have the same compressor and it works great on tall(er) tires. I only run 34" tires, but it inflates quick.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Bronc96, Jakob1972

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Jan 13, 2021

I like those Coyote deflators, they would be nice to have.

Many years ago I decided to build my own deflators, and this is what I came up with:
20210113_102316.jpg
I sprung the extra $2 for aluminum instead of plain black plastic, but any valve cap should work. I drilled four holes around the edge of each cap for air vents, and a hole in the center to install a small machine screw and nut. The end of the screw depresses the valve when you screw the cap on, and the air escapes through the holes. They don't have an auto shut-off like the fancy ones @BuzzyBud has, but I just monitor the tires visually, then check with a guage. Not bad for under $5.
Thane, Slownstddy

Rank VI

Jan 24, 2021

Anyone have thoughts on having a “permanent” onboard compressor? I was thinking about having one installed in the back somewhere and wire it to one of the aux switches. I suppose it would require a really long hose in order to be helpful to others. Maybe portable like the one shown above is the way to go?

Rank VI

Jan 24, 2021

Anyone have thoughts on having a “permanent” onboard compressor? I was thinking about having one installed in the back somewhere and wire it to one of the aux switches. I suppose it would require a really long hose in order to be helpful to others. Maybe portable like the one shown above is the way to go?
I think many of us are interested in onboard air but space constraints could be an issue. I am wondering if there will be room under the hood so in the cargo area might be the only viable location unless you go portable.
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Deano Bronc, Slownstddy

Rank VI

Jan 24, 2021

I bought an ARB twin for my rigs. Originally was going to install on my F-250 but watched a youtube video of a guy putting it in a pelican case and decided to do that as it makes it portable. I though about needing it to assist others and if installed on one vehicle id have to purchase a second for my Bronco. Now i can just swap it to which vehicle im using and still help out others.
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021
RedCo, Deano Bronc