Additional Details on Paint Protection Film

David
Mar 09, 2021

Rank VI

Mar 09, 2021

Fake conversation I had in an imaginary meeting:

@David from the Bronco Nation forums: "Yo Ford Folks, tell me about the coverage area of the Paint Protection Film option in build and price."

Ford Folks: "Dude, can't you read? It's a three piece kit that covers the leading edge of the hood and front fenders."
shop.ford.com_configure_bronco_config_exterior_Config%5B%7CFord%7CBronco%7C2021%7C1%7C1.%7C101...png

@David, feeling chapped but undeterred: "Yeah, but how far back does it go? I mean, in the grand scheme of the universe, what does *exaggerated air quotes* "leading edge" really mean?"

Exasperated Ford person: "Aight, I'll draw you a picture."

Bronco-Reg-U725 PPF VM2DZ- 2120000-A.jpg

@David: "Well, I guess that fits the definition."
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
KennyMac, Rydfree
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 09, 2021

Rank VI

Mar 09, 2021

And you even got them to draw it on a Boxwood Green Bronco! Well played!
2022 Bronco BadSquatch, 1974 Bronco Ranger, 1976 Bronco Crawler, 1978 Bronco Custom
Steve777468, Bronc96
OBXBroncoGuy

Mar 09, 2021

hmm, ok, close to what i was thinking

Rank VI

Mar 09, 2021

@David thanks as always for these updates on features. I've got this slotted into my build, so I'm happy to get a few more details!
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115

Rank VI

Mar 09, 2021

@David thanks as always for these updates on features. I've got this slotted into my build, so I'm happy to get a few more details!
Glad it was helpful. I have also heard that there's another option out there, nomenclature: trail armor. That's supposed to be something different but similar in purpose. Awaiting further details.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Steve777468, Bronc96

Rank VI

Mar 09, 2021

Does the lower fascia have some sort of magic bug/rock repellant feature? Why wouldn't they put the film there as well?
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
SlashRacer

Rank I

Mar 09, 2021

It says "not available with Sasquatch package" however this picture shown looks "Sasquatch" to me? I ordered a WildTrak and the paint protection on my build, will i not get it??
therabbittree

Road trip!!!

Mar 17, 2021

Does the lower fascia have some sort of magic bug/rock repellant feature? Why wouldn't they put the film there as well?
I was wondering this also.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.