Accessing Bronco Roof Rack

BuzzyBud
Feb 24, 2021

Rank VI

Feb 24, 2021

Perhaps you are planning to install a roof rack on your Bronco? Any thoughts on an easy way to access the roof rack? Anyone with prior experience? The links below are just a few ideas.

Moki Door Step, Rightline Gear, 100660 | Titan Truck Equipment

Rear door spare tyre step ladder, roof rack access, strap on spare wheel (kaon.com.au)

Spare Wheel Step - by Front Runner (frontrunneroutfitters.com)

Amazon Best Sellers: Best Tire Steps
Shadowblade, Steve777468
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2021

Rank V

Feb 24, 2021

I like the spare tire step type, this is assuming I can get up to the bumper, I may need a ladder for that as well LOL. I may just end up with one of the ones from Amazon.
Gutter Clown, BuzzyBud

Rank III

Feb 24, 2021

That Moki looks pretty sweet, thanks! I had planned on just opening the door and using the inside of the Bronco as a step or using a step stool, but the Moki looks simple enough.
Gocats, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Feb 24, 2021

That Moki looks pretty sweet, thanks! I had planned on just opening the door and using the inside of the Bronco as a step or using a step stool, but the Moki looks simple enough.
Yes, that would be my first choice pending future comments.
I might get one now and test it on my F150.
Steve777468, Rhiostatic

Rank V

Feb 24, 2021

The Moki is great because you dont mess up the looks of the vehicle with a permanent item like the wheel ladders. I like that a lot. I do wonder how much stress the door latch loop can take though? The rubber bumper is nice but I do wonder if it will still create scratches as you adjust your stance during use.
Soupcook, Midnight Blue

No Ragerts

Feb 24, 2021

I have a Moki type device in each vehicle that I need to access the roof - they work great! I just standing on the seat works too (as long as your shoes are clean)!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Soupcook, KennyMac

Rank V

Feb 24, 2021

I wonder if the Moki is rated for fat old men? Asking for a friend
Jakob1972, KennyMac

Rank VI

Feb 24, 2021

I too have a friend interested in the answer to this...
Steve777468, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Feb 24, 2021

Well, now that I have read the fine print, it can only hold up to 400lbs. What is up with that?! Can't even hold a full-grown adult! Too bad, so sad!
Soupcook, KennyMac

No Ragerts

Feb 24, 2021

Well, now that I have read the fine print, it can only hold up to 400lbs. What is up with that?! Can't even hold a full-grown adult! Too bad, so sad!
‘Merica
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
KennyMac, Steve777468

Rank V

Feb 24, 2021

I'd worry about how stable the Moki would be while you shuffle items around up top. This is the main reason why people mount hinge steps...not movable, so that YOU have stability while doing working upstairs.
Steve777468, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Feb 24, 2021

I'd worry about how stable the Moki would be while you shuffle items around up top. This is the main reason why people mount hinge steps...not movable, so that YOU have stability while doing working upstairs.
Found the OSHA narc. =]. Kidding. What you bring up is valid. I don’t want to be stretched out at a weird angle trying to shove stuff around a Yakima box with unstable footing.
KennyMac, Steve777468

Wank ER

Feb 24, 2021

I am going to tow a forklift to get items on the top of my roof rack - wait, I'm getting an FE, no roof rack and I can't tow. Dang it!
2021 FE Cactus Grey
Shadowblade, KennyMac

Rank V

Feb 25, 2021

Yes, that would be my first choice pending future comments.
I might get one now and test it on my F150.
Agree. It's elegantly simple and totally functional.
Badlands 2dr, Sas, 2.7, Lux, Erupt Grn, Res 8/27/20, MY21-1/29/21
MY22-10/21/21, Sch 8/22/22, Blt 8/29/22, Ship 9/1/22, Del 9/16/22

Rank V

Feb 25, 2021

Found the OSHA narc. =]. Kidding. What you bring up is valid. I don’t want to be stretched out at a weird angle trying to shove stuff around a Yakima box with unstable footing.
Exactly right. Then you'll have to ride home strapped down to the roof rack! :ROFLMAO:
Bonnie6G, Deano Bronc

Rank I

Feb 26, 2021

Another option: the various bumper steps made by Weathertech. They slide into the trailer hitch.
https://www.weathertech.com/products/bumpstep/
BuzzyBud

Wank ER

Feb 26, 2021

Another option: the various bumper steps made by Weathertech. They slide into the trailer hitch.
https://www.weathertech.com/products/bumpstep/
LIke it - Only caveat is that you would need to have the back gate open.
2021 FE Cactus Grey
BuzzyBud

Rank 0

Feb 26, 2021

I would be worried about something like the moki or the spare tire thing. I mean, i don’t think that part of the door latch or the spare tire mount on any vehicle is really designed to bear that much weight. I’ve always just sorta climbed up on the tire of all of my trucks, but the fender flares on the Bronco might be a little prohibitive for that. I’d consider something like this:
https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Perform...MI-fv76-CG7wIVdg2tBh0JlgpAEAQYBCABEgLm6vD_BwEMaybe a bit bulky, but seems like less likely to damage the vehicle.
Thane, BuzzyBud

Rank III

Feb 26, 2021

You climb my spare?... my boot introduces itself to your arse.
Deano Bronc, Bschurr

Rank 0

Feb 26, 2021

ResidualGenius, KennyMac