Front Camera Fault - Service Required

DarwynZ
Dec 15, 2021

Rank IV

Dec 15, 2021

Welp..... less than 48 hours and 100 miles of ownership and my Big Bend has to go back for service. I keep getting an alternating screen reading "Front Camera Fault" and "Pre-Collision Assist - Not Available"..... As I drive the fault will clear itself and return every few miles. While the fault is active none of the buttons on the steering wheel work and the turn signal does not work.... very very strange. I have a service appointment for Saturday morning, but it anyone has come across this and has an suggestions as to how to fix and save me a trip to the dealer, it would be greatly appreciated.
2021 Bronco - Big Bend - 2.7L - Mid - Velocity Blue - Tube Step - Aux Switches
Bschurr
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2021

No Ragerts

Dec 15, 2021

Welp..... less than 48 hours and 100 miles of ownership and my Big Bend has to go back for service. I keep getting an alternating screen reading "Front Camera Fault" and "Pre-Collision Assist - Not Available"..... As I drive the fault will clear itself and return every few miles. While the fault is active none of the buttons on the steering wheel work and the turn signal does not work.... very very strange. I have a service appointment for Saturday morning, but it anyone has come across this and has an suggestions as to how to fix and save me a trip to the dealer, it would be greatly appreciated.
A trip to the dealer is prudent but it sounds like an intermittent short or loose connection. For shits & giggles I would check the connectors in the front by the camera & the block of sensors right behind the grille. Good luck.
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)

Rank IV

Dec 15, 2021

A trip to the dealer is prudent but it sounds like an intermittent short or loose connection. For shits & giggles I would check the connectors in the front by the camera & the block of sensors right behind the grille. Good luck.

I will take a look when I get out of work today... I didn't notice anything loose when I went to make sure there was nothing obstructing the front of the sensors... but I believe you may be right about a short... really the only thing that explains the steering wheel buttons and turn signals not working at the same time.

No Ragerts

Dec 15, 2021

I will take a look when I get out of work today... I didn't notice anything loose when I went to make sure there was nothing obstructing the front of the sensors... but I believe you may be right about a short... really the only thing that explains the steering wheel buttons and turn signals not working at the same time.
Just thinking - others have reported that the 3 bolts that hold the fuse panel under the dash have been loose and this has caused strange electrical issues too. That may be another easy fix for you.

The fuse panel is located under the steering wheel. Simply pull the trim panel forward toward the seat from the top right edge and the panel will unclip and fold forward.
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)

Rank IV

Dec 15, 2021

Just thinking - others have reported that the 3 bolts that hold the fuse panel under the dash have been loose and this has caused strange electrical issues too. That may be another easy fix for you.

The fuse panel is located under the steering wheel. Simply pull the trim panel forward toward the seat from the top right edge and the panel will unclip and fold forward.

Wow... I will def check that out tonight..., that would be an easy and QUICK fix... and it would be awesome if that was it!!!! Thanks for the idea, I will let you know this evening if that does the trick!
Bschurr

Rank IV

Dec 22, 2021

Wow... I will def check that out tonight..., that would be an easy and QUICK fix... and it would be awesome if that was it!!!! Thanks for the idea, I will let you know this evening if that does the trick!

Turns out it was just a loose wire connection to the broncos computer… they fully connected it and haven’t had an issue since…. Took the dealership about 2 hours to diagnose and fix….
Bschurr, Tuletime

No Ragerts

Dec 22, 2021

Turns out it was just a loose wire connection to the broncos computer… they fully connected it and haven’t had an issue since…. Took the dealership about 2 hours to diagnose and fix….
Glad it was an easy fix! Happy Holidays.

Rank IV

Dec 24, 2021

Glad it was an easy fix! Happy Holidays.

Thanks, same to you!
Bschurr
OBXBroncoGuy

Dec 24, 2021

Thanks, same to you!
Glad it was a simple fix, though it took them 2 hours, it could have been worse, 2 weeks..
DarwynZ

Rank 0

Jun 13, 2022

My sensors are out. I am not sure if it was a brief hailstorm we had or when the dealership installed my front license plate. All of a sudden I am getting a "Park Fault Aid" on the control panel and an image of the vehicle with and exclamation point on it in the display screen. I tried pushing the button on the side of the radio, but it won't budge. Anyone know what it could be? Dealership said they could take a look, but I'd have to leave it there for a few days to run diagnostics. Hoping it could be something I could fix on my own.

Rank V

Jun 14, 2022

My sensors are out. I am not sure if it was a brief hailstorm we had or when the dealership installed my front license plate. All of a sudden I am getting a "Park Fault Aid" on the control panel and an image of the vehicle with and exclamation point on it in the display screen. I tried pushing the button on the side of the radio, but it won't budge. Anyone know what it could be? Dealership said they could take a look, but I'd have to leave it there for a few days to run diagnostics. Hoping it could be something I could fix on my own.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
Deano Bronc