Help me figure out the bronco for us!

Will1234
Jul 16, 2020

Rank III

Jul 16, 2020

Family has the 2017 escape with the 2.0. It serves our need but a bronco would be great for the north east winters.
So far the only things we would need to start at are 4 door, automatic trans so that gets us past the base model. Im now stuck at the next model starting at 33k which our escape went for. I am wondering what add on package to get and how to spec it. I know we do not need an all out bug out vehicle but would like some of the features bronco is known for without going over 35k

Suggestions would be appreciated.
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2020

Standing Grumpy Face

Jul 16, 2020

TBH you are going to be at or above $35k for a four door base with auto. You are either gonna have to lower your expectations or raise your budget.
Seandrea, bek

Rank II

Jul 16, 2020

I'm in the same boat as you Will. Does the base not have an option for auto?

Rank III

Jul 16, 2020

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...crossovers/bronco/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf
Pretty sure it does have an auto option but the base is like an old school 60s bronco. Family would need the space plus seating of the 5 passenger

Rank III

Jul 16, 2020

TBH you are going to be at or above $35k for a four door base with auto. You are either gonna have to lower your expectations or raise your budget.
Thats kinda crazy imo, 60k is even crazy for a top end bronco should be 50k max

Rank III

Jul 16, 2020

Actually, I stand corrected, the base does come in a 4 door,

Rank II

Jul 16, 2020

I'm not sure how much they will charge for Auto, and if you want to get the hardtop. 4 door only comes with soft.

Rank III

Jul 16, 2020

I'm not sure how much they will charge for Auto, and if you want to get the hardtop. 4 door only comes with soft.
going to need a hardtop as well so does that mean I need to up to the next model?

Rank II

Jul 16, 2020

going to need a hardtop as well so does that mean I need to up to the next model?
All the 4 doors only have soft top other then the first edition

Rank V

Jul 16, 2020

Family has the 2017 escape with the 2.0. It serves our need but a bronco would be great for the north east winters.
So far the only things we would need to start at are 4 door, automatic trans so that gets us past the base model. Im now stuck at the next model starting at 33k which our escape went for. I am wondering what add on package to get and how to spec it. I know we do not need an all out bug out vehicle but would like some of the features bronco is known for without going over 35k

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Big bend with the Sasquatch package. You might be a bit over 35k but if 35k and less is non-negotiable than a base with sasquatch package is really your only option.

Rank III

Jul 16, 2020

Big bend with the Sasquatch package. You might be a bit over 35k but if 35k and less is non-negotiable than a base with sasquatch package is really your only option.
would the base with the sasquatch package come with 4 doors and hard top and auto trans?

Rank V

Jul 16, 2020

would the base with the sasquatch package come with 4 doors and hard top and auto trans?
Well the sasquatch package is for the off-roading. So the sasquatch has nothing to do with the roof and the trans. With that being said, from my understanding (so dont quote me) the base 4 door comes standard with manual and soft top. So that means you’ll have to option it into your build. Whether thats going to cost you extra, we are yet to find out when Ford releases the build configurator on their website. (The hard too roof will probably be extra). But I think its safe to say that with the sasquatch the auto trans and hard top optioned in (and nothing else) than you’ll he somewhere between 35 and 36.

Rank III

Jul 16, 2020

Well the sasquatch package is for the off-roading. So the sasquatch has nothing to do with the roof and the trans. With that being said, from my understanding (so dont quote me) the base 4 door comes standard with manual and soft top. So that means you’ll have to option it into your build. Whether thats going to cost you extra, we are yet to find out when Ford releases the build configurator on their website. (The hard too roof will probably be extra). But I think its safe to say that with the sasquatch the auto trans and hard top optioned in (and nothing else) than you’ll he somewhere between 35 and 36.
oof thats alot and where ford needs to get with it that you will sell more vehicles when they are not priced so damn high

Rank V

Jul 16, 2020

oof thats alot and where ford needs to get with it that you will sell more vehicles when they are not priced so damn high
For what you get in comparison to jeep its actually really good. You might want to look into a 2 door than. It cones standard with a hard top and start at 29. With the sasquatch package and automatic you’d for sure be either at 35 and/or below.
If you’re a family a five than sure i can see why the four door. But if you’re a family of four than you might just need to settle with a 2 door.
Seandrea

Rank III

Jul 16, 2020

For what you get in comparison to jeep its actually really good. You might want to look into a 2 door than. It cones standard with a hard top and start at 29. With the sasquatch package and automatic you’d for sure be either at 35 and/or below.
If you’re a family a five than sure i can see why the four door. But if you’re a family of four than you might just need to settle with a 2 door.
Definitely need the 4 door,

Rank V

Jul 16, 2020

Definitely need the 4 door,
If a four door and 35k budget are non-negotiable than literally your only option is a base with no Sasquatch and optioned hard top and auto trans

Rank II

Jul 16, 2020

Plus figure in the 1500 for delivery

Rank III

Jul 16, 2020

If a four door and 35k budget are non-negotiable than literally your only option is a base with no Sasquatch and optioned hard top and auto trans
it might be good for us even. Im still going to look into the sasquatch package and maybe its worth it to just add it in

Standing Grumpy Face

Jul 16, 2020

For your budget you could get a Bronco Sport Bandlands. It would have your four doors, auto and a ton of goodies. Still a capable off-roader for what it sounds like you are looking for.
Seandrea, Greed

Bronco guy doing Bronco-ey things with his Bronco

Jul 16, 2020

Maybe skip the Sasquatch option if you aren't going to take it out on the harder trails or pimp the malls. That money will buy a bunch of more regularly used options.
First Edition 4dr
1967 Bronco
1993 Mustang Notchback
Greed