4-Door Onboard Storage Aftermarket?

Katwithcosmos
Oct 07, 2021

Rank III

Oct 07, 2021

Hey pals! My bronco blend date is today (yay!), however, I didn't realize at the time of ordering that the Bronco didn't come with the onboard storage to throw the doors in the back.
By Sept after I received the VIN I figured it out (stupid on my part for not double checking). I know this isn't an after-market option you can buy from Ford, so does anyone know of any third parties that have come up with a solution for it yet?
Orrr if you've come up with a way to do it yourself? I have an idea to jerry rig it but we'll see LOL

I live in IL so I won't need it until Spring but definitely trying to look ahead. Let me know if you've seen anything or if you see anything in the future :)
civkik, cindylou
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 07, 2021

No Ragerts

Oct 07, 2021

Hey pals! My bronco blend date is today (yay!), however, I didn't realize at the time of ordering that the Bronco didn't come with the onboard storage to throw the doors in the back.
By Sept after I received the VIN I figured it out (stupid on my part for not double checking). I know this isn't an after-market option you can buy from Ford, so does anyone know of any third parties that have come up with a solution for it yet?
Orrr if you've come up with a way to do it yourself? I have an idea to jerry rig it but we'll see LOL

I live in IL so I won't need it until Spring but definitely trying to look ahead. Let me know if you've seen anything or if you see anything in the future :)
Welcome @Katwithcosmos
The storage bags are in the accessory catalog

6F0E9BBD-04FA-403A-94B5-6A6057907CAA.jpeg
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)

Libations MOD

Oct 07, 2021

Welcome @Katwithcosmos
The storage bags are in the accessory catalog
Those are not the onboard version.
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Katwithcosmos, civkik

Rank III

Oct 07, 2021

I've been looking to get my hands on some as well!
Cyber Orange Badlands Sasquatch Soft top MGV LUX
Katwithcosmos

Rank III

Oct 07, 2021

I've been looking to get my hands on some as well!
Haven't been able to find a solution anywhere, I'll let you know what I come up with LOL
civkik

Rank V

Oct 07, 2021

They should be offered as a package through Parts at some point. Individually, the cost is currently outrageous.

Ford has allowed some people to add the bags even after they got a VIN, but it might be too late for you unfortunately. Couldn't hurt to try, though!
Katwithcosmos

Rank III

Oct 07, 2021

They should be offered as a package through Parts at some point. Individually, the cost is currently outrageous.

Ford has allowed some people to add the bags even after they got a VIN, but it might be too late for you unfortunately. Couldn't hurt to try, though!
Yeah unfortunately when I called my dealer it was too late
Buckin'

Rank III

Oct 07, 2021

Let me know if you find anything, I've been trying to get somebody who won't be taking their doors off to add the option and ill buy them. No takers so far.
Cyber Orange Badlands Sasquatch Soft top MGV LUX
Katwithcosmos

Rank III

Oct 07, 2021

@TXAMOS on the hobbies thread said he's thinking about making custom leather door bags, maybe we can convince him to make those and some onboard straps too;)
civkik

Rank V

Oct 08, 2021

Consider calling the Bronco Support Team at 800 334-4375. I don't really know if they can help, but adding the on-board door storage bags really doesn't seem like something that is too difficult.
Best case, they can help you get the bags ordered. Worst case, you need to find an aftermarket solution--right where you're at now.
4 Dr OB/Carbonized Grey/SAS/Soft Top/2.7L/Auto/Lux/Tow Pkg
Reserved-7/15/20, Initial Order-1/30/21, Updated to Soft Top-6/28/21, Scheduled Build-10/19/21, In Prod-10/25, Built 11/1/21, Del 11/30/21
Bschurr, civkik

No Ragerts

Oct 08, 2021

Found this while looking for something else in the parts catalog —> 2021 Ford Bronco Retention Harness p/n M2DZ-7804608-A with an MSRP of $590.31
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Bespoke Bronco

Rank V

Jun 20, 2022

Well 2021 did not have option on B&P and my salesman never read the 2021 Bronco Order Guide. My GM is covering his axx and send copy for my MY2022 ORDER GUIDE PAGE ONE bottom DELETE DEALER INSTALLED HEAVY DUTY DOOR STORAGE BAGS.(see attachment right side). Why would a dealer install the harness or heavy duty on board storage bags. Read OM page 360 and confusing. Removal and storage of roof and doors (on board if equipped). Ordered MIC $699 option and bags listed in equipment, so too was the front license plate bracket(seperate option)
Dealer never mentioned option 87D nor 87E door bags(page 6 guide).On two door someone posted 4 door bags was listed as option, but you can store doors in a two door , since longer door and will not fit . See owners manual. Called marketing since looked for retention harness at delivery .

Third salesman did not know Bronco. Said "dont have a dog in this fight". Called CRC and they refer me to marketing, who refers me back to dealer 15 times. Harness is overpriced at $500.00 for 6 straps. BUMMER.

HARNESS is not available. Read OM page 360 cautions, last sentences. Email Ford Product Liability General Counsel, who lawyered up. " if available" was another word for option. Quick reference Bronco guide on page 21 does not state retainer is "if available". For MY 22 only high price GARAGE storage bags available from dealers $200@ plus. Just tipical FORD doubke talk and their left hand dont talk to right hand and someone decided DOOR ON BOARD STORAGE IS A NO NO! BUMMER!

Attachments

Libations MOD

Jun 20, 2022

HOLD ON HERE COMES ANOTHER FRANKIE LAWSUIT!!! LOL @14U why the hell does he even have a Bronco (if he actually does, won't show it) if all he does is bitch and complain about anything and everything. Life must really be bad,

There are multiple options of bags (yes 21MY as that was my original and never changed it) that was clearly listed on the B&P for everyone to see and for the purchaser to decide if they wanted anything above the standard
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
the poacher, 210superair

Rank III

Jun 20, 2022

Um, u guys ok?
I'm just looking for the on vehicle storage still, so any tips would be helpful, but not complaining about other people on here. We all love our broncos so let's bond over that instead of calling people out in the comments.
the poacher, ResidualGenius

Member 2541 Jerry

Jun 20, 2022

Um, u guys ok?
I'm just looking for the on vehicle storage still, so any tips would be helpful, but not complaining about other people on here. We all love our broncos so let's bond over that instead of calling people out in the comments.
I would love to find the solution for your Door storage dilemma , as the majority of others would as well.
Unfortunately there are several flies in the ointment that choose to BASH “Bronco / Ford “ .
ive seen it over the last couple of years here and it serves no purpose to finding a resolve to a potential problems that are actually “informative & enlightening “
RG ‘s response from what I’ve experienced is an effort to keep your inquiry “on topic “ and not turn into a complainant department.
All Good either way.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Katwithcosmos, ResidualGenius

Libations MOD

Jun 20, 2022

Um, u guys ok?
So, as of now if you didn't order the Onboard they are not yet available AM from FMC. No clue why but again that's FMC.
And @14U is spot on with his comment
Katwithcosmos

Rank III

Jun 20, 2022

Ty guys! Well lmk if you hear anything.
Got the bronco in Oct and still haven't been able to come up with a solution for on board storage from factory. So looking like I'll have to come up with something myself haha.
ResidualGenius, 14U

Rank V

Jun 21, 2022

Ty guys! Well lmk if you hear anything.
Got the bronco in Oct and still haven't been able to come up with a solution for on board storage from factory. So looking like I'll have to come up with something myself haha.
I've seen a couple of sets up for sale on the other Bronco forum..can't remember how recently though. Another possible option would be contacting an upholstery shop to see if they could make custom bags and webbing.
22 BB 4dr SAS 2.7 Mid Pkg Hot Pepper Red, Delivered 8/25
Previous 2019 F150 Ruby Red SCrew 3.5 Eco, XLT Sport/FX4 302A

Rank V

Jun 21, 2022

Levittown Ford has a wholesale operational warehouse and had 18 last month but $500 just for retention harness. Lets put it this way RG , my any dealer on base B&P did not have as factory option, your model has different upsell options!
Now, seat belts are manditory by law .If you read the OM page ,363-364 Ford days you can store on board the two front roof panels ( 4 dr) and two doors or ,4 doors.
The MIC comes with the two front panel on board storage bags, why not the harness to store the two doors. This was never a dealer installation as FORD stated in guide.
Further, we have on ,4 drs for rear passenger a warning alarm, if enabled, to remind us to check rear passenger buckle up, so to insure a removed door a safety harness , like a seat belt makes sense for ON BOARD DOOR AND ROOF FRONT PANELS.
FINALLY RG my granddaughter has a new Wangler and it has no hump behind rear seats. Rear seats fold flat. Just loaded heavy 5 ft parcel last night for fathers day.
Ford designers and engineers made that hump as an intergel part of the on board door storage, as demoed at BRONCO TEAM events, went to two. These gals took front driver side doors off ,placed on board( not garage bags) and placed in installed retention harness. Well on Daytona Beach, this was a great improvement over the jeep full removable doors. That hump acts as a stop so the bottom of the doors dont move forward ( ineria,,) and case any harm rear passengers( young kids)

Bottom line the word RETENTION HARNESS has the same meaning as retention rear seat belts. So lets buckle up our ONBOARD storage doors as our OM states for safety!

Rank V

Jun 21, 2022

Retention harness for restraining a user (Bronco ON BOARD DOOR STORAGE USER) within a vehicle. The harness includes a waist strap, a waist strap buckle assembly, two over the shoulder straps, a rear connector, and a forward connector. The waist strap is attachable to the waist strap buckle assembly. Each over the shoulder strap is attached to the waist strap buckle assembly. The two over the shoulder straps form an X on a user's back via a shoulder strap crossover plate, while each over the shoulder strap is adjustable via an adjustment slider. The rear connector is attached to the waist strap, and is attachable to retention hardware. The retention hardware is attachable to a bar attached to the vehicle. The forward connector is attached to the waist strap buckle assembly and attachable to forward retention hardware, the forward retention hardware attachable to the vehicle.

Having work the GRID at Daytona Internation Speedway, all PCA driver must wear RETENTION HARNESS on track.THESE COST UNDER $200.00!