6th Gen Speaker Specs

RedlineTx
Jul 08, 2021

Rank IV

Jul 08, 2021

Does anyone know the speaker size specs, quantity, and if there is a factory amp?

Most, if not all video reviews, state the sound system (B&O included) is pretty trash. This will probably be my first major upgrade once I take possession of my build. Got my window sticker last week, so its coming in hot! Going to order an upgraded set to have ready!
Badlands 4D / Cyber Orange / 2.7 / MIC / Sasquatch / High Package
Big Bend 4D / Velocity Blue / 2.7 / MIC / Mid Package
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 08, 2021

Rank III

Jul 08, 2021

I just drove a base mannequin 4dr yesterday and thought the sound system was pretty decent.
Deano Bronc, RedlineTx

Rank VI

Jul 08, 2021

I have been watching Crutchfield and they have the Bronco listed but no specific info yet. However, I would imagine that is coming soon now that customer orders are shipping.
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
RedlineTx

Rank IV

Jul 08, 2021

I just drove a base mannequin 4dr yesterday and thought the sound system was pretty decent.

'Trash' was probably a poor choice of vocabulary on my part. Once the top/doors are off, do you think it will be satisfactory? I had to upgrade my Jeep Wrangler because it lacked heavily when everything was removed
KennyMac

Rank IV

Jul 08, 2021

I have been watching Crutchfield and they have the Bronco listed but no specific info yet. However, I would imagine that is coming soon now that customer orders are shipping.
Good call on Crutchfield, I will keep my eye on their page
Dmesser92, AcesandEights

Rank VI

Jul 08, 2021

From what I have read the main issue is the rear speakers are so far back vs the Jeeps which are right above the seats. Ford accessories does have a cool sound bar which would likely assist, especially with the top off, but I would be worried of how much it blocks your sight out the rear.
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
RedlineTx

Rank VI

Jul 08, 2021

I saw the specs posted on the other site. I just got banned a bit ago or I'd post a link. The initial owner reviews I read were consistent with some of the press reviews. Not great sound from the stock components. I think some aftermarket speakers would go a long way in sound quality. Seems to usually be the biggest bang for the buck for stock systems.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Speed Devil, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Jul 09, 2021

041FE687-9B22-4859-9E25-5D47F90988E0.pngDD911E24-5D2C-4B1D-9490-5C945B5FC29C.png

Founds this, which answers my post entirely(y)
Jed, KJC76

Libations MOD

Jul 09, 2021

Founds this, which answers my post entirely(y)
No subs upfront on either package
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
RedlineTx

Rank IV

Jul 09, 2021

No subs upfront on either package
That's a bummer for the B&O upgrade package

Libations MOD

Jul 09, 2021

That's a bummer for the B&O upgrade package
B&O is the only one that has a sub at all. It's in the rear passenger quarter.
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Hobgoblin

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Jul 09, 2021

I saw the specs posted on the other site. I just got banned a bit ago or I'd post a link. The initial owner reviews I read were consistent with some of the press reviews. Not great sound from the stock components. I think some aftermarket speakers would go a long way in sound quality. Seems to usually be the biggest bang for the buck for stock systems.

Trick there is they only ban one IP address, so for example, I cant access it from the office, but home or on the road, I use a fake name and generic img and Doug's none the wiser
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
Bronco V-8, RedlineTx

Rank VI

Jul 09, 2021

Haha, BTDT. I'm not overly interested in jumping back in there today. Maybe in a week or so, lol.
Speed Devil

Rank VI

Jul 09, 2021

Here is a link to the original article here on Bronco Nation. @David may have more to add as well!

https://thebronconation.com/bronco-bo-sound-system-first-impressions-review-speaker-locations/
RedlineTx

Rank IV

Jul 09, 2021

Here is a link to the original article here on Bronco Nation. @David may have more to add as well!

https://thebronconation.com/bronco-bo-sound-system-first-impressions-review-speaker-locations/
Did anyone actually read this article? He actually liked the B&O system. I have no idea what this will be like in the Bronco but in my 2020 Audi A6, the B&O system is by far the finest car audio system I've ever experienced. I'm a car whore and have owned over 60 cars. B&O is the best imho.

Rank VI

Jul 09, 2021

B&O is well-respected, but putting a B&O label on something isn't the same as having a well-designed, well-performing "system". Just because there is a B&O label in the vehicle doesn't mean it's going to be "by far the finest car audio system" experience. It appears, from most accounts, that this B&O system wasn't as well designed as your Audi A6.

Rank IV

Jul 09, 2021

B&O is well-respected, but putting a B&O label on something isn't the same as having a well-designed, well-performing "system". Just because there is a B&O label in the vehicle doesn't mean it's going to be "by far the finest car audio system" experience. It appears, from most accounts, that this B&O system wasn't as well designed as your Audi A6.
But that's my whole point, the reviewer said it was "immersive" in a non-perfect environment. My Audi is a pretty close to perfect environment... aka double-paned glass, audio insulated exterior.. It's a concert hall, basically. A bronco with it's doors off... yeah, not ideal at all.
RCH313

Rank VI

Jul 09, 2021

I don't think we are necessarily disagreeing with each other. It is a less than ideal platform, and it appears by most accounts that the sound quality is also less than ideal; however, the review was "pretty positive." I, like the reviewer, wouldn't spend money on the Lux package just for the B&O system.

I will say, there were only a couple of things I wanted as options, additional sound deadening and the B&O system being the two most important to me. When I spec'd and ordered my Bronco, I just couldn't justify paying for the Lux package just to get the B&O, so I opted for the High package (to get the additional sound deadening thinking I'd upgrade the stereo with a/m components).

One of the things I'd point out is the B&O system comes with the additional vehicle sound deadening, as part of the High package (included in the Lux package), so the road/vehicle noise would be at a minimum if you got the B&O system. That isn't the case if you get the standard stereo and do not opt for at least the High package. If you do not opt for the High package, it is likely you will have a significantly different experience with the stereo system than those with the additional sound deadening and B&O.
Hodg, cf_davey

Rank IV

Jul 10, 2021

Reasonable points @AcesandEights. I am eager to see how it compares to my car, with or without the top and doors. Should be interesting. I for one am likely to care most about the stereo when the doors are on and the top is on it. But we'll see
AcesandEights

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 10, 2021

Trick there is they only ban one IP address, so for example, I cant access it from the office, but home or on the road, I use a fake name and generic img and Doug's none the wiser
I'm on a dynamic IP. Take them years to get all of them.Not that I'm inclined to go over there.
AcesandEights, Speed Devil