2 Door Non FE reservation holders...where are our options ? Why Ford does not make a soft top ?!

Advocate II

Jun 26, 2021
florida
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Gonzalez
Good morning:

So, basically after receiving yesterday email, Ford just places us at last in line. We don't have an option of a soft top, even though it exists ( plenty of pictures around )! 4 doors order holders do and with a possibility of buying a hard top later.
I personally don't want to change my order from a 2 door to a 4 door soft top after waiting for 11 months now, I rather buy a roofless Bronco and wait for an after market or genuine later. Its just my opinion, but 2 doors are way more appealing and personal.
Drooping options like Sasquatch, 2.7L engine are impossible since I ordered a Wild-Track. Not sure if given up on a Towing and Lux package will make any different at this point.
What do you guys think or will do about this last news from Ford regarding your 2 door non First Edition order!

My Bild:
Shadow Black, 2D, WT, LUX, TOW
$100 Ford deposit when reserved 7/15/20
$1000 Dealer deposit when ordered 2/11/21

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

Good morning:

So, basically after receiving yesterday email, Ford just places us at last in line. We don't have an option of a soft top, even though it exists ( plenty of pictures around )! 4 doors order holders do and with a possibility of buying a hard top later.
WT 4dr has no option for a soft-top either, unless it's only a dealer added option as of yesterday

Reactions: Deano Bronc

Garemlin

Rank VI

Champion III

May 20, 2020
Clayton, Delaware, DE, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Walt
Member #

At this rate they could probably source a manufacturer for 2 door soft tops and have them ready for prime time before the modular tops. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: TK1215

F OR D

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Mar 14, 2021
USA
First Name
Yes
Last Name
Man
Speculation is nothing changes w/ 2D. Outside chance they shift some of the 4D MIC roof production to 2D since there is a 4D soft and they will give free hookups.

Tilzbow

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Nov 22, 2020
Reno
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Tilzey
An alternative view point. People will shift their 4 door order to soft tops, freeing up capacity for the supplier to build more two door hard tops.

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

I have a sense Ford has plans which may reward us. A couple months ago, Jim Farley looked at my 2-door order and asked me to have patience and to trust him. I plan to have both.
So us WT that have no option, just wait and see what a Ford schedule looks like SMFH We early were told 21MY and Ford Failed miserably. If I'm lucky maybe a mid-22MY if they get their shit together?

• Wow
Reactions: BuzzyBud

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 7, 2020
Atkinson, NH
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

So us WT that have no option, just wait and see what a Ford schedule looks like SMFH We early were told 21MY and Ford Failed miserably. If I'm lucky maybe a mid-22MY if they get their shit together?
l understand the stress many are feeling. Over the last few days, I have worked to balance my needs against the reality of constrained commodities. As a result I have adjusted my build. For me, it was a helpful exercise. I love my new build and the process felt way better than feeling like a victim. Will it help me obtain a MY 21 Bronco? Maybe, maybe not. But it is the best I can do. So, at the end of the day, that is good in my book!

Reactions: Deano Bronc

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

l understand the stress many are feeling. Over the last few days, I have worked to balance my needs against the reality of constrained commodities. As a result I have adjusted my build. For me, it was a helpful exercise. I love my new build and the process felt way better than feeling like a victim. Will it help me obtain a MY 21 Bronco? Maybe, maybe not. But it is the best I can do. So, at the end of the day, that is good in my book!
I understand that part about adjusting your build but a WT is standard HT and NO options period.
Sure can I totally switch up my build and redo everything to fit the 'mold" for Ford's wishes but why did I build a Bronco then? Shouldn't they just give me one off the shelf then?? ??
And why do we need to conform to Ford's wishes when we ordered or even regathered for a Bronco just to get it??

• Wow
Reactions: BuzzyBud

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 7, 2020
Atkinson, NH
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

I understand that part about adjusting your build but a WT is standard HT and NO options period.
Sure can I totally switch up my build and redo everything to fit the 'mold" for Ford's wishes but why did I build a Bronco then? Shouldn't they just give me one off the shelf then?? ??
And why do we need to conform to Ford's wishes when we ordered or even regathered for a Bronco just to get it??
From my perspective, many things have changed since 7/20 when we placed our reservations. Sure we can beat our heads against a stone wall, but that just gives me a headache. My style is to adjust when times change.
Months ago I started on this Forum that I would carry this “lame horse” on my back if need be to get my Bronco in my garage. All my actions to date are consistent with that goal. I will not be distracted!

AcesandEights

Rank V

Promoter II

Oct 22, 2020
Oregon, USA
First Name
Aresenio
Last Name
Beckman
The only thing I really see changing since 7/2020 is Ford has reneged on what they previously promised. Lots of things changed, but they were Ford not delivering.

• Love
Reactions: ResidualGenius

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

The only thing I really see changing since 7/2020 is Ford has reneged on what they previously promised. Lots of things changed, but they were Ford not delivering.
1000000000000000000% ALL FORD!!
No one else to blame but Ford and Ford only can blame themselves for the disaster "launch" if you can call it that!! This "pre-production" should have started 1-2 years prior which means PRE-COVID with ZERO excuses!!

Reactions: AcesandEights

stevepetarra

Rank 0

Advocate I

Aug 18, 2020
tennessee
First Name
steve
Last Name
petarra
Good morning:

I personally don't want to change my order from a 2 door to a 4 door soft top after waiting for 11 months now, I rather buy a roofless Bronco and wait for an after market or genuine later. Its just my opinion, but 2 doors are way more appealing and personal.
Drooping options like Sasquatch, 2.7L engine are impossible since I ordered a Wild-Track. Not sure if given up on a Towing and Lux package will make any different at this point.
What do you guys think or will do about this last news from Ford regarding your 2 door non First Edition order!

My Bild:
Shadow Black, 2D, WT, LUX, TOW
$100 Ford deposit when reserved 7/15/20
$1000 Dealer deposit when ordered 2/11/21
I put 500 down with dealer, I want my money back. I put that money down in good faith and now Im backing out of the order. I cant wait 3 years for a vehicle. I also ordered a 2 door.