2-Door Bronco Cargo Area Dimensions (By Torgsurv)

David
Feb 23, 2021

Rank VI

Feb 23, 2021

While we were out in Johnson Valley, @TorgSurv got a chance to spend some time with a 2-Door Bronco and a measuring tape. While I knew that Torg measures things for a living, what he produced blew me away. Also, he noted to me that there are three measurements that he's missing. Can you guess what they are?

PDF attached.
2-Door Bronco Cargo Area Dimensions (1)_Page_1.jpg2-Door Bronco Cargo Area Dimensions (1)_Page_2.jpg

Usual disclaimers apply. This is a community produced product that measured a pre-production Bronco. It isn't from Ford.

Attachments

Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Boogeyman1, OddMackey
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2021

Feb 23, 2021

Nice details.

Any chance, @TorgSurv has like info on a 4-door?
Broncofly, Bronc96

Rank VI

Feb 23, 2021

Nice details.

Any chance, @TorgSurv has like info on a 4-door?
He doesn't, we were only able to get the hours it took to for the measurements with a 2-Door.
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Feb 23, 2021

1614047582637.png
Speed Devil, ATC Enthusiast

Rank VI

Feb 23, 2021

How were you incorrect but oh so right at the same time?
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Feb 23, 2021

African or European?

Slight correction to @David 's post, there were three dimensions that I didn't measure at the time having to do with the position of the seat-back in the upright position, and I estimated them, but they are shown in the image. I'm hoping for another shot at it to verify. I'm also hoping for a chance to measure a 4 Door sometime, hopefully soon.
Speed Devil, Bronc96

Rank VI

Feb 23, 2021

Maybe the prize should go to who correctly calculates the total number of measurements in the document?
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Feb 23, 2021

How were you incorrect but oh so right at the same time?

Practice, I guess?

I found a cool 2Dr drawing!
1614049308144.png
Old Bronco-New Bronco | Motorbiscuit
14U, OddMackey

Rank VI

Feb 23, 2021

African or European?

Slight correction to @David 's post, there were three dimensions that I didn't measure at the time having to do with the position of the seat-back in the upright position, and I estimated them, but they are shown in the image. I'm hoping for another shot at it to verify. I'm also hoping for a chance to measure a 4 Door sometime, hopefully soon.
What, I don't know that? Ahhhhhh!
TorgSurv

Rank V

Feb 23, 2021

Wow, @TorgSurv was not kidding about being good at measuring! :D
Hobgoblin, Bronc96

Rank VI

Feb 23, 2021

Wow...I ain't gonna lie, this is impressive @TorgSurv! Thank you! (y)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
TorgSurv

Rank I

Feb 23, 2021

As an architect, I"m impressed with the detail. Thanks for sharing. Now I got to go get ready to do a site measure of my own.:cool:
Bronc96, TorgSurv

Rank 0

Feb 23, 2021

I'm hoping for another shot at it to verify.

That's impressive and tedious measuring work....and the drawings are equally impressive.

As you are now the person most intimately familiar with the 2-door cargo area, do you have any ideas about the Tuffy 2-door cargo area enclosure accessory below, especially whether it will level out the load floor with seats folded?

1614084594109.png
ATC Enthusiast, Bronc96

Rank VI

Feb 23, 2021

Wow! This is superb work. Thank you!
I was most curious about the storage compartment holding the jack and the adjoining space. With the potential for roof rack gasoline storage, I was looking to counter that weight by utilizing the storage compartment to hold a 10L MSR Dromedary bag which will fit perfectly. That will give me water weighing approximately 22 pounds and aid in keeping the center of gravity low. Nice!
ATC Enthusiast, Bronc96

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Feb 23, 2021

That's impressive and tedious measuring work....and the drawings are equally impressive.

As you are now the person most intimately familiar with the 2-door cargo area, do you have any ideas about the Tuffy 2-door cargo area enclosure accessory below, especially whether it will level out the load floor with seats folded?

View attachment 9365
I can't find any specs for those products, but no, the enclosure (cage) for the two door appears to be the full height of the cargo area. I don't see a drawer listed for the two door, but the 4 door drawer looks to be too tall to match the height of the folded seat-back.
Bronc96, Carolina Jim

Rank II

Apr 29, 2021

This is very informative. Thank you for your efforts. ☺

Rank V

Apr 30, 2021

Awesome this helps a lot. Now I can plan ahead and see what all fits.
"The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences."

Member 2541 Jerry

Apr 30, 2021

Has anyone seen or know how “long” the measurement of the actual door is on the 2 door ?
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Apr 30, 2021

Which do you mean? African or European?
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
EZAPAR, Hobgoblin

Rank V

Apr 30, 2021

Seriously stellar work! Much appreciated!
Horse with no name...
Race Red Badlands