SaddleUpWild, Username
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2020

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 28, 2020

2.3 because of the manual trans.
Speed Devil, AmCap76

Moab or bust!!!

Aug 28, 2020

I'm going for the 2.7 so I can zip past the 2.3 liter guys stuck in granny gear! :ROFLMAO: j/k

I just feel the larger proven motor will last longer than the smaller 2.3. My rowing my own gears years are behind me so I'm concerned that the 2.3 won't be zippy enough with the slushbox.
I'm sure it will be much more lively with the manual.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Thane, ResidualGenius

Standing Grumpy Face

Aug 28, 2020

2.7 because it's a beast. Plenty of torque. Great gas mileage. Lots of fun.
IL21Bronco, tracythemighty

Standing Grumpy Face

Aug 28, 2020

I'm going for the 2.7 so I can zip past the 2.3 liter guys stuck in granny gear! :ROFLMAO: j/k

I just feel the larger proven motor will last longer than the smaller 2.3. My rowing my own gears years are behind me so I'm concerned that the 2.3 won't be zippy enough with the slushbox.
I'm sure it will be much more lively with the manual.

I'm actually going to test drive a 2.3 Bronco just for s&g's. I drove a Ranger and it was OK. Just didn't wow me. Having owned a 2.7 for two years I don't think I would be happy with anything but. One of the things I miss most about my F-150.
Thane, tracythemighty

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 28, 2020

Power concerns me a little. If the tune you can get for the Ranger will be available for the Bronco I'm doing it. I rather have more bottom end than top end.I won't be truly happy until I have a V-8.
Broncadonk MKG, BroncoMax

Rank VI

Aug 28, 2020

I'm gonna test drive a 2.3, but right now that's my choice
Build week of 7/26....still....no its 8/16 now
BroncoMax

Rank VI

Aug 28, 2020

2.3 for me because of the manual. May not be as powerful as the v6, but more hp and torque than any car I’ve ever owned
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
3Dogs, SaddleUpWild

Rank IV

Aug 28, 2020

2.7 because it is a heck of a lot more expensive to change out a motor.
fschael, tracythemighty

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 28, 2020

2.7 because it is a heck of a lot more expensive to change out a motor.
But its fun and I like an engineering challenge.
tracythemighty, BroncoMax

Rank VI

Aug 28, 2020

2.7 because it’s a port/direct injection engine versus the 2.3 is direct only. Longevity on a direct only engine is a concern.
Bryan0077, BroncoMax

Rank VI

Aug 28, 2020

2.3l for me because of the manual. I’m fine with not having a drag racer Bronco as I’m drawn to the tighter, slower, more technical trails. Now, if the 2.7l was an option with the manual... I won’t say no to more power. ;)
"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt" - John Muir
"The mountains are calling, and I must go..." - John Muir
BN #0120
IL21Bronco, MDHODGES77

Rank I

Aug 28, 2020

2.7 in part, because I'm going with the 4-door, which is bigger and heavier than the 2-door. If I were in my 20s or 30s as I was when I bought my Bronco II and Ranger, respectively, I would likely opt for the 2.3, 2-door and manual transmission, which I had on those vehicles. I did like driving off-road with a stick shift as I had lots of control over RPM and torque. Now, as I soon will hit 59 and have had lots of repetitive stress injuries over the years, I'm not as keen to shift up and down manually as I used to be. I also want to have Trail Control and other features only available with the 10-speed auto.
ResidualGenius, tracythemighty

Rank II

Aug 28, 2020

going with the 2.7 just want to make sure the powers there to turn those big tires

Rank V

Aug 28, 2020

ill be going with the 2.3 most likely. along with the 2 door model. most of the stuff out where I am in the PNW is smaller tighter trails with lots of trees. not a whole lot of places that you can do lots of flat out baja or sand. there are a few but most of the stuff is in the back woods and i dont really need that. i really want the manual but all of this is still up in the air. really depends on what they will allow to combine when ordering and also what the aftermarket will advertise around the time we make our orders...
BroncoMax, GaryB2220

Rank I

Aug 28, 2020

Definitely the 2.7. Even though they allegedly both have the same tow capacity, I'll occasionally have a small trailer. I want that extra torque and power to make it as effortless as possible.

Rank V

Aug 28, 2020

2.7 because its going to sound like beast when I straight pipe it.
MnLakeBum, BroncoMax

Rank V

Aug 28, 2020

2.7 because its going to sound like beast when I straight pipe it.
yea the 2.7 will definitely win in that comparison
BroncoMax, King_Bronco0327

Rank II

Aug 28, 2020

yea the 2.7 will definitely win in that comparison
I heard the 2.7 doesn’t have that vroom! noise as the V-8 does.
BroncoMax, CamoflaugeMan

Rank IV

Aug 28, 2020

What engine are you selecting the 2.3L or 2.7L and why? just curious
Definitely the 2.7 V6 for the added power and I think in the long run the V6 will be more durable!
tracythemighty, gothavit