1st broken Bronco ?

Rydfree
Jul 11, 2021

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Jul 11, 2021

Not a good sign . Appears his Bronco was rushed through ..

2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
LR48, HBhoneybadger1
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2021

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 11, 2021

Wow, I would take it back, right now.In low range it didn't seem like it was in low range.
LR48, Rydfree

Rank VI

Jul 11, 2021

dude was in 2wd climbing a hill
LR48, Bronco_Girl

Rank V

Jul 11, 2021

This was bad to watch
Host - All Terrain Nation
https://www.youtube.com/c/AllTerrainNation Instagram: all_terrain_nation_media
Rydfree, Bronco V-8

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 11, 2021

This was bad to watch
Driving technique left something to be desired.You don't wait until you are up against a rock,stop and then hit the gas.:rolleyes:
Low range is awfully high.
KJC76, Bronco_Girl

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Jul 11, 2021

Driving technique left something to be desired.You don't wait until you are up against a rock,stop and then hit the gas.:rolleyes:
Low range is awfully high.
My 1st thought was he wasn't putting it in neutral before trying to select different modes . Seems like that was the process but not sure . I'm more concerned about the Mic top going out with sharp edges and only one panel had the headliner ,lol .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
jwysopal, LR48

Rank II

Jul 11, 2021

He scared me a bit, and I wasn't even riding with him. However, I would take it back to the dealer, and at least have them check all of the connections. It could be something that simple.
"I think donuts define ones copliness" - Luther "Suitcase" Simpson
SlashRacer

Rank VI

Jul 11, 2021

Credit goes to the guy for putting it out there.
I am trying to figure out if he just overheated by ramping up his rpms in low or what in the hell was it?

I know the Bronco Sports had issues with over heating and going into limp mode.
Is this a case of too much software or is it operator error?

Perplexed here.
KJC76, Bronc96

Rank 0

Jul 11, 2021

ouch.... this is the first real customer review I have seen. Quite the shit show.... Really hope Ford gets back on track soon - all they need is for more of these piss poor issues hitting social media...
Bronco_Girl, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Jul 11, 2021

I am trying to figure out if he just overheated by ramping up his rpms in low or what in the hell was it?

Perplexed here.
No idea but its not like the dude was going crazy or pushing limits. He was driving 5mph most of the time. This is a BAD sign.
14U, Tuletime

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 11, 2021

Perplexed here.

Makes a case for manual FWD shift and manual hubs. When does all that electronic fail? when you need it the most.We got along for decades with out 4X4 modes and he got up the hill without it .
Bronc96, LoneRanger

Life is a Highway

Jul 11, 2021

Thank you @Rydfree for posting this thread. I saw that video and was going to post here also.
1) not an expert here but he was trying to switch in and out of GOAT modes while in drive. Not sure if this is true for all modes but you have to be in neutral.
2) I am pretty sure that later in the video he was attempting to go in and out of GOAT modes while in PARK
You think you might throw some codes? Please people let’s all go to OffRoadeo before we destroy our Bronco’s
Bronc96, LR48

Rank V

Jul 11, 2021

I haven't read the manual. But my technique with anything is not to change modes under load. So he should have just kept going up the hill in 2WD if that's how he started at the bottom. If that one slippery part stopped him, he should have either backed down a few feet, or a few yards, then taken another run at it slightly faster. Not start monkeying with the buttons and modes. Like any software, don't keep clicking things that don't seem to be doing what you want.
Bronc96, jwysopal

Life is a Highway

Jul 12, 2021

Ok not to bag on this guy, but he doesn’t know what he is doing. At the end he is in park and trying to turn the GOAT mode dial. It won’t do it because he is in park!
Bronc96, jwysopal

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 12, 2021

Ok not to bag on this guy, but he doesn’t know what he is doing. At the end he is in park and trying to turn the GOAT mode dial. It won’t do it because he is in park!
No one is bashing him just offering constructive criticism and observations.
Bronc96, Rydfree

Life is a Highway

Jul 12, 2021

No one is bashing him just offering constructive criticism and observations.
I wasn’t referring to anyone other than myself :ROFLMAO:
LR48, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jul 12, 2021

ouch.... this is the first real customer review I have seen. Quite the shit show.... Really hope Ford gets back on track soon - all they need is for more of these piss poor issues hitting social media...
(Luv u name! lol)
Dweetybyrd

Rank II

Jul 12, 2021

When I first got my Jeep and took it in the beach with the traction control still on it kept cutting out and loosing power. It wasn’t until I saw the little traction control light come on that I realized you need to shut traction control off when drive in slippery or loose surfaces that you intended on having the wheels slip. The jeep doesn’t have nearly the same amount of technical electronics. I’m sure there was a portion of operator error there. Thanks for the video tho.
Bronc96, jwysopal

Rank V

Jul 12, 2021

Thank you @Rydfree for posting this thread. I saw that video and was going to post here also.
1) not an expert here but he was trying to switch in and out of GOAT modes while in drive. Not sure if this is true for all modes but you have to be in neutral.
2) I am pretty sure that later in the video he was attempting to go in and out of GOAT modes while in PARK
You think you might throw some codes? Please people let’s all go to OffRoadeo before we destroy our Bronco’s

I reread the manual just now and can't see anything in the GOAT mode section about needing to be in a specific shifter setting. However, it's clearly stated you should be in neutral for changing modes on the transfer case, so it's still probably a good assumption to select your GOAT mode in neutral before attempting an obstacle. I can't wait to get in one of these things at Off Roadeo and get some hands on experience for this stuff. Even moreso when it's not my Bronco!
Outer Banks, 4dr, Velocity Blue, soft top, Lux, 2.7L, rear locker, HD bumper/bash plate, tow package, roast leather
Build Date: 8/18/21
Replacing my Black 2013 Mustang GT Premium
KennyMac, Bronc96

Rank IV

Jul 12, 2021

I watched this video and believe I saw a combination of user error and some possible malfunctions, the weird part for his truck, I thought, was the MIC top having the headliner in exactly ONE panel - ??? - anyway, I feel this is just one Bronco, that does not automatically mean ALL Broncos will have such issues, so whatever problems it has, until we see MANY others with similar problems, I am not too concerned about it
2 DR Badlands Velocity Blue, Lux, Auto, 2.7
Bronc96, jwysopal