1992 - 1996 Bronco "rare" factory options

5thgen_junkie
Nov 22, 2020

Rank V

Nov 22, 2020

Bronco Nation, Ford, and knowledgeable 5th gen guys,

I am trying to get reliable information on what some rare or less common factory options or configurations are. This includes interior and exterior colors, trim packages, creature comforts or lack of, drivetrian, etc. I have found some old forums on the internet from 2015 with some info but I feel like that is too dated to still be accurate . Guess a good way to start is just sharing our broncos factory specs! Anyone who has knowledge on this please chime in! It would be cool to know if Ford has a data base with this info somewhere as well or actual number of units sold per year. Here are my specs:

First one is an all white 1994 Ford Bronco XL with the 5.0 and E40D. Tan interior with the "leather" seats, crank windows, manual door locks, manual mirrors, cruise control, tow package, single shock buckets up front, manual T-case, auto locking hubs, no rear tire swing, no rpm guage, no secondary dome light on shell, no headliner on shell, and no "map holders" on the rear side panels. This one is bare bones basic.

Next one is an all black 1995 Bronco XLT sport with the 5.0 and E40D. Gray interior with the cloth seats, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, cruise control, tow package, dual shock buckets up front, auto T-case, auto locking hubs, rear tire swing, rpm guage, secondary dome light on shell, headliner on shell, and "map holders" on the rear side panels.

Third one that got me curious is a two tone white and blue 1994 Ford Bronco XLT with the 5.0 and E40D. Blue interior with the cloth seats, power windows, power locks, manual mirrors, cruise control, tow package, dual shock buckets up front, manual T-case, manual locking hubs, rear tire swing, rpm guage, secondary dome light on shell, headliner on shell, and "map holders" on the rear side panels. I have never seen one that is optioned out like this with the two tone paint schemes. I have seen the blue with the white stripe but not white with the blue stripe.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2020

Rank V

Nov 23, 2020

Order a deluxe Marti Report and it will tell you what options it came with, and how many other broncos of that year came with those options.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
Deano Bronc, 5thgen_junkie

Rank V

Nov 23, 2020

Order a deluxe Marti Report and it will tell you what options it came with, and how many other broncos of that year came with those options.
Sweet! Never knew that existed!

Rank VI

Nov 23, 2020

I am a big fan of the big Broncs and have owned 3 as well. I currently have a 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.0, E4OD and all factory options less the signal mirrors and CD radio. The signal mirrors are pretty rare on the 96s and are a cool feature if you can find one. I also like the higher trim trucks that were optioned with a manual transfer case vs push button, wish mine was ordered like that. :)
IMG_20201010_0829132.jpg
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
5thgen_junkie

Rank VI

Nov 23, 2020

CompNine is a pay site that will also give you the build sheet for your truck.
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
5thgen_junkie, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Nov 23, 2020

I agree that the manual shift t-cases are rare on the higher optioned trucks. And as noted, the mirrors with the signals in them are very rare as well.

Rank V

Nov 23, 2020

I am a big fan of the big Broncs and have owned 3 as well. I currently have a 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.0, E4OD and all factory options less the signal mirrors and CD radio. The signal mirrors are pretty rare on the 96s and are a cool feature if you can find one. I also like the higher trim trucks that were optioned with a manual transfer case vs push button, wish mine was ordered like that. :)
View attachment 5796
I forgot about the signal mirrors. Thats awesome.

Rank V

Nov 23, 2020

CompNine is a pay site that will also give you the build sheet for your truck.
Do you know which one is better?

Rank VI

Nov 23, 2020

Have only used CompNine so couldnt say. Seems like I have seen a resource somewhere that allows you to order a replacement window sticker as well which is always nice to have. Still have mine in my 96. :)
5thgen_junkie

Rank V

Nov 23, 2020

Have only used CompNine so couldnt say. Seems like I have seen a resource somewhere that allows you to order a replacement window sticker as well which is always nice to have. Still have mine in my 96. :)
Marti Auto will sell you a replacement window sticker.
5thgen_junkie, Bronc96

Rank 0

Aug 31, 2021

Mine is a 95 XLT. Not sure if it's the original engine, but everything I've seen and read says it should be MAF, but it's still speed density. I've also seen a report stating it is an EB, but there is not one sign of it. It has power 4WD, but manual hubs. PW, PL, but manual mirrors.
One thing it has, which seems to be pretty rare, are dual sun visors on both sides.
Bronc96