Need advice, bronco picked up today

Bigdawg2375
Feb 27, 2022

Rank 0

Feb 27, 2022

so after all the waiting, mind you I was a first day reservation for a hardtop four-door I picked my new Ford Bronco up from my dealer today. It was raining outside so I was unable to inspect it as closely as I would have liked. When I got home and the rain stopped I went outside looked at the tailgate and noticed a funny spot. At first I thought it was a rain drop upon further inspection it was a screw from the inside tailgate that was almost breaking through. I had ordered a tailgate table and those are installed by the dealer, so I know the dealer caused this issue. My question is being a brand new car and the issue was caused by the dealer do I argue simply for the tailgate to be repaired or do I push harder for a whole new tailgate to be installed that’s not damaged? The dealer also has a silver bronco on the lot and my car is silver so I thought about asking them to simply switch out the tailgates, is that unreasonable? I was looking for advice from anybody who is more familiar with how dealerships work and what limitations they have.
I also noticed a spot on the hardtop which I know they have been having issues with from the factory that looks lighter in color than the rest, I’m wondering if this is an issue I should bring up if it’s an issue with the hardtop. Please let me know what you guys think.
I’m still super excited to pick up my bronco today and not going to let this little issue destroy my excitement. Thanks for your responses.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2022

Rank III

Feb 28, 2022

Every Dealership is different. Our dealership has it's own bodyshop -and they are excellent -so I would be fine with them repairing it. We would offer the customer a lifetime (as long as he owns it) warranty on the work. We would also offer to do any dings in the future at no cost (because they will happen). Taking the gates off -you're asking for trouble -some parts are marked with the VINs -There maybe a recall on certain build dates that screws up -The bolts may show signs of being removed -stuff like that. Realistically you would need to inform the next buyer as well. The factory often has mishaps they repair before shipping that you will never know about. At least you know and can keep an eye on this. I wonder if they used the wrong length bolt from the kit -or it was a kit error -cause kind of hard to screw up! Our porters manage to miss license screw holes and have to drill a second hole - You'll never see it but you know it's there Lol! I'd get it fixed and forget about it.
Big Papa

Rank V

Feb 28, 2022

Crazy the stuff that they let leave the factory, or the dealer over looks......
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22

Rank 0

Feb 28, 2022

The screws with the table is a known issue and Should have been handled carefully. I’d push for the dealership to order you a replacement door at their expense (especially since they did the work and caused the damage) - luckily it’s an issue you can still drive and enjoy until the new door comes or if you have to be subject to bodywork (i Hope bodywork is a last resort because it diminishes value and could hurt your resale in the future) It’s well done. Good luck

Rank 0

Feb 28, 2022

Thanks for all the responses…very helpful, I’ll let u know how it turns out.

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 28, 2022

One of the biggest reasons I don't factory order anything that I can buy and install on my own at a later date. Hope you get this resolved without issue.
Big Papa

Rank VI

Feb 28, 2022

Welcome to the Nation @Bigdawg2375. Happy to hear you recieved your bronco. When it comes to adding accessories, they come with a parts and LABOR warranty. So your in the right to make the dealer fix it to your satisfaction. The Top would fall under the vehicles Warranty and making note of that with your dealer and FMC would definitely help moving forward if it developes into a greater issue. Good luck and enjoy your new ride. Trail on.
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021
Big Papa

Rank VI

Feb 28, 2022

I don't know that I would push for a new gate. The "damage" is very small and may be blended within the panel. A new gate is not likely to match.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Feb 28, 2022

That’s what I was thinking as well. They have the car and if they can fix so I don’t notice then I won’t push. It is small it’s just the principal of it, and more annoying because of the 18 month wait for the car
bobraz

Libations MOD

Feb 28, 2022

That’s what I was thinking as well. They have the car and if they can fix so I don’t notice then I won’t push. It is small it’s just the principal of it, and more annoying because of the 18 month wait for the car
I'd almost guess if they can access it from the inside PDR would possibly be an option but maybe not since its more pointed versus hail damage
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending