Best video walk around and ride along yet!

Pakrat
Feb 09, 2021

Rank V

Feb 09, 2021

Just chanced upon this video. Great walk around from a Jeep guys perspective and a pretty extensive ride along.

Now I really want one!What You NEED to Know about the New Ford Bronco + Warthog Rumor
4DR BL-Cactus Gray - Sas - 2.7 - 10 Spd - Lux - Soft Top
Res 7/14 - Ord 1/20 - VIN 8/26 - Sticker 10/12 - Blend 10/18
Bronc96, srick76
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 09, 2021

Moab or bust!!!

Feb 09, 2021

Just chanced upon this video. Great walk around from a Jeep guys perspective and a pretty extensive ride along.

Now I really want one!What You NEED to Know about the New Ford Bronco + Warthog Rumor
Yeah, that whole group was really excited about the Bronco. I have a feeling their business will also be building Broncos in the future.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Bronc96, srick76

Rank VI

Feb 09, 2021

The way he acted about the ease of modularity when he was looking at the chassis has me excited.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
Buckleup45, Bronc96

Trusted and Carefree

Feb 09, 2021

Ive watched a couple different videos like this and everyone seems blown away by the rigs. Ford is going to sell a load of them off stuff like this.
I will say, I had decided I would rather have the wildtrack than the badlands because I didn't think I need the sway bar disconnect. These videos make me question that decision. The on the fly disconnect was pretty trick
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
Bronc96, srick76

Rank V

Feb 09, 2021

Ive watched a couple different videos like this and everyone seems blown away by the rigs. Ford is going to sell a load of them off stuff like this.
I will say, I had decided I would rather have the wildtrack than the badlands because I didn't think I need the sway bar disconnect. These videos make me question that decision. The on the fly disconnect was pretty trick
Yes, and under load is amazing. I went BL because I really want the wash-out floors and MGV. I also want the 4.7 gears so went Squatch also. Priced out they are within a few hundred dollars of each other anyhow.

Just really liked seeing the ease at which he switched between GOAT modes, sway bar disconnect, diff lock etc. Definitely more time consuming and you have to do it in a very specific way when you are doing similar stuff in my 4Runner. I don't use half of my features sometimes because you have to go into Park, then to Neutral, wait for lights to come on, make sure you 4 Lo engages, press buttons, and then you can get a locking rear diff. Other times press and hold traction control for 3 seconds, release, press one more time so all of the nannies are off. Pretty archaic system at this point with the Toyotas.
4DR BL-Cactus Gray - Sas - 2.7 - 10 Spd - Lux - Soft Top
Res 7/14 - Ord 1/20 - VIN 8/26 - Sticker 10/12 - Blend 10/18
Bronc96, KennyMac

Trusted and Carefree

Feb 09, 2021

Just really liked seeing the ease at which he switched between GOAT modes, sway bar disconnect, diff lock etc. Definitely more time consuming and you have to do it in a very specific way when you are doing similar stuff in my 4Runner.

Oh yeah. I had manual everything on my CJ back in the day. In my misspent youth, I took it as a badge of honor that I had to manually set the hubs and fiddle about with all that stuff. My new and improved me looks forward to shifting modes on the fly, staying in the cab, and perhaps enjoying some coffee and the heated seats while doing so.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
Bronc96, KennyMac

Rank V

Feb 09, 2021

Oh yeah. I had manual everything on my CJ back in the day. In my misspent youth, I took it as a badge of honor that I had to manually set the hubs and fiddle about with all that stuff. My new and improved me looks forward to shifting modes on the fly, staying in the cab, and perhaps enjoying some coffee and the heated seats while doing so.
I used to be a huge advocate of manual shift Tcase being stronger and more reliable, but the push button 4x4 these days is so reliable and easy it's nuts. I bet kids these days don't even know the feeling of being halfway up the grill in a mud hole and realizing you forgot to lock the hubs! I'd say never again, but I do still love rocking my 79 F150 I bought for $250 20 years ago!
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
Gutter Clown, Bronc96

Rank 0

Feb 13, 2021

The way he acted about the ease of modularity when he was looking at the chassis has me excited.

Same here, I'm really glad he did the chassis overview. I'm familiar with his channel from when I had some interest in the Gladiator and rest assured he knows what he's looking at. I'm also glad he pointed out the front diff. As a shade-tree mechanic it reinforced my decision to go ahead with the Squatch package now to avoid re-gearing down the road. That wouldn't be fun at all!
TCopp, Pakrat