103k Greed - the sin is found.

69BroncoX302
Jul 22, 2021

Rank V

Jul 22, 2021

Omg, this popped up on my eBay feed. A bronco FE for 103k.

I guess a Dominic Shafer out of Troy, Illinois posted his august build on eBay. He posted his scheduled email with his name. All while I am awaiting my FE to be scheduled….:mad:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2021-Ford-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
Mountainwiitch, HBhoneybadger1
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2021

Rank V

Jul 22, 2021

Update - second one on the feed…..

150k FE that is used.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2021-Ford-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
Mountainwiitch, cf_davey

Rank V

Jul 22, 2021

Mountainwiitch, 73chesney

Rank V

Jul 22, 2021

holy sh*t, there are so many more……

Life is a Highway

Jul 22, 2021

I don’t even know if hate is a strong enough word
Sdakotabronco, 73chesney

Life is a Highway

Jul 22, 2021

Simply appalling
Bronco_Girl

Rank II

Jul 22, 2021

This is to be expected, but so many LULZ!!!!

These are FORDs that will be made in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions over the coming years…I’d be shocked if they sell for anything near asking prices.

On the other hand, it’s a sellers market and people are spending crazy money for average stuff.
TK1215, Bschurr

Pitter Patter Let's Get At 'Er!

Jul 22, 2021

man I cant stand when people do crap like this... But then again some people have the money and just don't care and go buy it for that amount anyway from someone.
Big Bend| 4DR | Hardtop | Velocity Blue | Mid Package | Black Onyx Intr | Sasquatch.
Built -
4/19/22 | Delivered - 7/18/22
TK1215

Rank V

Jul 22, 2021

Capitalism, nobody is required or forced to buy. No different than the hundreds of 66'-77' broncos out there for $75k-$150k for sale. There's no shortage of rich folks in the US and the world to buy things like that. I've turned down just over $50k and other offers for my original paint and interior 66' u14 and it will be 56yo next month! lol It's old, tired engine, tired clutch, leaks here and there when it sits for long periods of time, etc but there's still lots of money out there and lots of demand. As soon as folks stop paying "crazy" prices, the prices will come down. There's no signs of that happening in the near future from what I can tell.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
cf_davey, Bronco Method

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 22, 2021

The guy has make offer, make him an offer.
TK1215

Rank VI

Jul 22, 2021

Why would anyone be upset? It is no skin off anyone's knee. It highlights the excitement and increases the perceived value of your Bronco.
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
cf_davey, the poacher

Rank VI

Jul 22, 2021

What did you think was going to happen? No, that's not a rhetorical question this time.

The FE is either going to sell for crazy money today, or even more money in 25 - 30 years. I wanted a 2021 partly because I wanted exclusivity, and everyone is right, there will be a million of these produced in five or ten years. Less than ten-percent of that million will be MY2021, and less than one-percent of that million will be FE. Whether you receive your Bronco in 2021, or you bought an FE, you joined a club. You own a 1964.5 Mustang, and the FE is the 1965 Shelby GT350R
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
cf_davey, 73chesney

Rank VI

Jul 22, 2021

I don't see a bid...I see a price asked by the seller. I could advertise my 2020 Ranger on eBay for $100k!
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
DeepCreek

Rank V

Jul 22, 2021

I saw one a few days ago, squatch badlands, 7/18 reservation, no VIN, no scheduled production date, guy said he'd meet you at the dealer to make sure your name got on the paperwork as the original owner (can't do that). Bidding was over $70k. I reported it as a fraudulent listing, not sure what happened with it...

Otherwise, if someone actually has one, I hate that they clogged up early reservations with no intention to keep them and want to kick them in the d!ck for it, but it is a free market...
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
TK1215

Rank 0

Jul 22, 2021

Local dealership got their full-size mannequin in yesterday. My husband is the Service Manager and I'm not even allowed to touch it. Doesn't surprise me people are doing this.
CaliKAP, KennyMac

Rank V

Jul 22, 2021

I saw one a few days ago, squatch badlands, 7/18 reservation, no VIN, no scheduled production date, guy said he'd meet you at the dealer to make sure your name got on the paperwork as the original owner (can't do that). Bidding was over $70k. I reported it as a fraudulent listing, not sure what happened with it...

Otherwise, if someone actually has one, I hate that they clogged up early reservations with no intention to keep them and want to kick them in the d!ck for it, but it is a free market...
Agree that some probably ordered with the intent of flipping it right away which, while frustrating to BN enthusiasts, is not illegal - the free market at work. However, for most folks I think this has become an incredibly frustrating moving target. Original intent can change as circumstances evolve...too many to mention, but we all know the twists and turns this Bronco ride has been on since 7/13/20. I have changed thinking (and back again) on my two orders at various points as all this has unfolded. Some may have life circumstances change and now see an opportunity to cash in some, again, possibly frustrating to enthusiasts, but nothing inherently bad about it, IMO.
FE: 4 Dr, A51, NP
BRaptor: HPR; Original GT Res - 7/14/20
Txozpilot, KennyMac

Moab or bust!!!

Jul 22, 2021

Agree that some probably ordered with the intent of flipping it right away which, while frustrating to BN enthusiasts, is not illegal - the free market at work. However, for most folks I think this has become an incredibly frustrating moving target. Original intent can change as circumstances evolve...too many to mention, but we all know the twists and turns this Bronco ride has been on since 7/13/20. I have changed thinking (and back again) on my two orders at various points as all this has unfolded. Some may have life circumstances change and now see an opportunity to cash in some, again, possibly frustrating to enthusiasts, but nothing inherently bad about it, IMO.
True, some were intending to flip it from the start. I would think there are also a few that had no idea that the climate of the auto industry in general would be like it is now. It's easy to see the unbelievable amount of reservations, the lack of actual vehicle production and the empty dealership lots which translates into an extremely lucrative sellers market. I think they saw an opportunity and decided to capitalize on it. It's hard to say no when someone waves $50k profit in front of your face.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
cf_davey, Bucktown

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 22, 2021

Violation of ebay rules, if the seller does not have the vehicle in their possession they can't list it. It hasn't been built yet so they shouldn't have it on ebay.
KennyMac, Commodore

Rank VI

Jul 22, 2021

They had some good foresight I'll give them that. I sometimes wish I had 2 reservations and sold one for the ridiculous initial profit. They'll feel no guilt. There's no need for feelings in capitalism. With the mass production that will happen someday I don't think the mark-ups will hold for most upcoming models/years except FE, a few other MY2021 models (WT?)and other first runs (thinking Heritage/Raptor). Now will I get MY2021 or MY2022? Time will tell.
7/14/20 Res - 2/1/22 VIN - 3/1 In Prod - 3/9 Built - 3/15 at dealer - 3/17 Deliverd
WT, 4DR, MIC, CO, Lux, Leather, Tow
cf_davey, KennyMac

Life is a Highway

Jul 22, 2021

I get and understand capitalism. But for me cars have never been about making that money. Cars for me are about using them, driving them and enjoying them. It is their intended purpose. There are a lot of people who just want to get and enjoy these and it’s not about it being a pot of gold. It just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it’s because I have never made that my driving force in life. More power to them.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=MEaJYeRpl1g&usg=AOvVaw15vU-sZKfBRA8bphASO8-I
KennyMac