Supporter III

Jul 14, 2020
South Jersey
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Nonya
Member #

The most productive way to express your interest in non-participation is by commenting on our No ‘Squatch gloss laminate sticker prototyping process. No, we don’t ask you to apply this sticker to your Bronco. No, it’s not going to be converted to an “opt in” sticker. No, there’s nothing asked or required of you or any Bronco owner. But we are trying to make the sticker a tasteful option for owners who are unequivocally opposed to being ‘Squatched, for whatever reason that may be. As a lot of families with children will be ‘Squatching, there’s a need to prevent an ugly encounter. Main prototype comment so far is that at 3x3 it’s too big for some. We are considering ditching the “No Squatch” path text around the icon to make it a bit smaller. Again, if you do have constructive comments to make about that, we will certainly listen respectfully to them.
Comment: Let's say someone does wish to opt out, and "orders" a no 'squatch decal from you (you WILL charge the person for shipping, if I caught that correctly in a previous message, so it does in fact incur a fee for someone that simply wants you to respect privacy and stay away from their vehicle while it's unattended - which seems to escape your understanding, for whatever reason that may be (side note: Do you see/hear how douchey that sounds now?)).

Ok, so now they have this decal, and they stick it to the side or rear window. Now, a beautiful day presents itself - Top's off and stored away, windows are down or the entire doors are off and at home. How will you know to stay away now? And don't say stick it to the windshield or the paint . . .

Reactions: Gimesnow

Bronco V-8

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

Comment: Let's say someone does wish to opt out, and "orders" a no 'squatch decal from you (you WILL charge the person for shipping, if I caught that correctly in a previous message, so it does in fact incur a fee for someone that simply wants you to respect privacy and stay away from their vehicle while it's unattended - which seems to escape your understanding, for whatever reason that may be (side note: Do you see/hear how douchey that sounds now?)).

Ok, so now they have this decal, and they stick it to the side or rear window. Now, a beautiful day presents itself - Top's off and stored away, windows are down or the entire doors are off and at home. How will you know to stay away now? And don't say stick it to the windshield or the paint . . .
Its all about money they are threatening you unless you pay ransom highly illegal

JeepersCreepers

Rank II

Supporter I

Jan 19, 2021
Sparta, NJ, USA
First Name
Jeeper Jack
Last Name
Johnson

Yep. Good point and not the first time we’ve heard it. Fair concern by the way. Thanks for the respectful commentary.

Possibly a black polyethylene terephlate (PET) molded doorsill which has the No Squatch logo etched onto it? Would definitely be some cost borne by the end user and would stress our amateur 3D printing capabilities to the max — but for the person who absolutely does not want to be ‘Squatched, it might provide a solution… don’t shoot the messenger, just trying to think outside the box in search of tasteful and “stealth” solutions. (‘Squatchers would know to look for the plastic insert, but no one else would ever know it.)

Also how about just place a second No Squatch sticker in the doorsill? Makes me think we want to carefully at sizing to make sure it’ll fit there. Thanks for mentioning it, this gives us food for thought.

Yours in ‘Squatchin’,

-JC

Bronco V-8

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

Yep. Good point and not the first time we’ve heard it. Fair concern by the way. Thanks for the respectful commentary.

Possibly a black polyethylene terephlate (PET) molded doorsill which has the No Squatch logo etched onto it? Would definitely be some cost borne by the end user and would stress our amateur 3D printing capabilities to the max — but for the person who absolutely does not want to be ‘Squatched, it might provide a solution… don’t shoot the messenger, just trying to think outside the box in search of tasteful and “stealth” solutions. (‘Squatchers would know to look for the plastic insert, but no one else would ever know it.)

Also how about just place a second No Squatch sticker in the doorsill? Makes me think we want to carefully at sizing to make sure it’ll fit there. Thanks for mentioning it, this gives us food for thought.

Yours in ‘Squatchin’,

-JC
How about time in jail?

Reactions: wbvr3

GToddC5

Rank V

Supporter III

Jul 14, 2020
South Jersey
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Nonya
Member #

Yours in ‘Squatchin’,

-JC
So now a person needs two forms of ID to keep you away, and extra shipping fees: A decal when the windows are up and the doors are closed, and a plastic thing adhered somehow to the door sill, for when the doors are removed. Don't forget a third, for when the doors are on and closed, but the window is down - both the first two forms would be hidden.

Gettin' nuts, right?!?

Reactions: Gimesnow

RandallLG

Rank V

Supporter I

Jun 4, 2020
California, USA
Member #

So I don't have to re-read this nightmare of a thread, where did this all end up? Are there going to be folks out there putting stickers on others people stuff unless we buy some crap from you? Or are we back too little figurines that no one wants to pay for?

I wish a moderator would please delete this entire thread.

GToddC5

Rank V

Supporter III

Jul 14, 2020
South Jersey
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Nonya
Member #

So I don't have to re-read this nightmare of a thread, where did this all end up? Are there going to be folks out there putting stickers on others people stuff unless we buy some crap from you? Or are we back too little figurines that no one wants to pay for?

I can't wait for one of these "excited to tell you they like your off-the-production-line Bronco parents" with kids, to send little toddler suzy over your rig, only to have her slip, faceplant and eat the side step on her way down. Then we'll be sued for NOT having a visible "opt out" decal!

I wish I were kidding . . .

Reactions: byronpete21

Bronco V-8

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

and ban those two criminals

They are copy cats too, there is a group doing the same thing with another vehicle.
But they are using social media to organize criminal activity
criminal trespass
tampering/vandalizing property
and extortion

Last edited:

SuperMike

Rank V

Don't delete

Jun 3, 2021
Clark County, IN, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Adams
I’m new to this whole bronco thing and just got mine a couple weeks ago with an Outer Banks with the High Package. I’m for a cool tradition but not sure I want a sticker for opt out or opt in, but jeep have ducks bronco could have horse ducks, might be stupid but hey it’s a thought. I’m curious what the thing will be and I look forward to what ever it might be.
I actually like the bronco/horse ducks idea -- IF someone was going to do something. Giving out sasquatches to any/everyone doesn't make sense, since not all Broncos will be squatched? So will it just be a Squatch thing? I think it would be fun to Bronco-duck or Horse-duck a jeep, too, as kind of a 'haha... a Bronco was here." :) But otherwise the whole idea seems a bit contrived. I don't know where the whole 'ducking' thing got started with jeeps, anyhow.

Reactions: Sasquatcher

SuperMike

Rank V

Don't delete

Jun 3, 2021
Clark County, IN, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Adams
I think the rubber horse ducks (like black or Bronco Colors) would be fun — or an antenna flag — if they had the Bronco Nation emblem (or other online communities) to help spread the word about the community. But doing it just to do it never made sense to me.

JeepersCreepers

Rank II

Supporter I

Jan 19, 2021
Sparta, NJ, USA
First Name
Jeeper Jack
Last Name
Johnson
Hey everyone,

Some cool ideas on the ‘Squatch flag, the antenna-hugging ‘Squatch (heh) and stickers. Love the interest and suggestions.

Despite the great interest in ‘Squatching we have a couple of persistent naysayers (obviously, lol) who I don’t wish to antagonize. But at least one of them (GToddC5) has at least provided some good feedback regarding the No Squatch sticker and as such I believe over time ‘Squatching will be a fun, accepted community practice even for the folks who didn’t like the idea initially. We just have to get there in a respectful and understanding way. Their concerns and wishes are valid and need to be addressed, and at this point in time I think we’d get some pretty hard pushback on anything which is proposed to be physically attached to a Bronco whether it’s an antenna hugger, flag, or sticker. So out of respect, we’re not going to consider that.

As a result, we’re pretty much down to the physical ‘Squatch or a patch/sticker which could be left under the windshield wiper and the No Squatch opt-out sticker, the latter of which is the only feasible way to manage the desires of those who don’t wish to participate. Although we remain open to other compromise ideas the time window is beginning to close. The proposed physical ‘Squatch shell material has been adjusted to address scratching concerns so at this point we are pretty close to a final ‘Squatching concept.

It has been a busy time on my end dealing with vendors and the many people who have messaged me to sign up. Several of you here on the forums are still waiting on a PM from me regarding your participation and I’ll get to you as soon as I can. I do appreciate the support and the interest is almost overwhelming but I promise to get back to you all!

-JC

nrlucas

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 2, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Lucas
Member #

I’m going to play a fun game called “If I see you stick something on my Bronco, I’m going to pull the valve stems on all of your tires.” I know there will be a few naysayers to this game, but trust me…it will be fun.

Charley

Rank IV

Champion III

Jul 28, 2021
Sylva, Jackson County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Charley
Last Name
Ward
Member #

I’m going to play a fun game called “If I see you stick something on my Bronco, I’m going to pull the valve stems on all of your tires.” I know there will be a few naysayers to this game, but trust me…it will be fun.
So now we need a sticker to say “please kind sir, I would like to opt out of you pulling my valve stems”

Slownstddy

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 7, 2020
USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

Anyone with violent tendencies is a good candidate to opt-out, and as such we'd highly recommend you take advantage of the "No Squatch" sticker.

This is a high quality gloss laminate sticker available to you at no cost other than shipping. Originally conceived as a 1.5"x1.5" emblem, the prototyping process revealed that the "No Squatch" text is illegible at that size so the sticker has been re-designed as a 3"x3" square.

Attached are examples of the No Squatch sticker and a rendering of the (approximately to scale) sticker on the passenger side window of a 2-door Bronco. Please note, the correct location to adhere the sticker is the driver side window, but in the early stages this was the best profile view of a Bronco available for visualization purposes.

As someone who will is a strong candidate for opting out, would respectfully ask your opinion on the design elements.

Thank you!

View attachment 19461View attachment 19462
Ok. Ive read down to this post and think ive read enough to say....
MUST BE CAREFUL...Its not "violent tendency " to wanna protect your proprty from someone lurking about. If i see someone messing with my vehicle, im going to be concerned.
I do understand the game your explaining but I have driven trucks for 24 years and your "opt-out" sticker looks like a no lot lizard sticker and thats not going on my Bronco. This is a case of "go back and do it over".

JeepersCreepers

Rank II

Supporter I

Jan 19, 2021
Sparta, NJ, USA
First Name
Jeeper Jack
Last Name
Johnson
Ok. Ive read down to this post and think ive read enough to say....
MUST BE CAREFUL...Its not "violent tendency " to wanna protect your proprty from someone lurking about. If i see someone messing with my vehicle, im going to be concerned.
I do understand the game your explaining but I have driven trucks for 24 years and your "opt-out" sticker looks like a no lot lizard sticker and thats not going on my Bronco. This is a case of "go back and do it over".
Right on. We must be careful and very respectful of these concerns. We will continue moving forward with this in mind.