Rank II

Advocate III

Sep 16, 2021
North Texas
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Walker
I must admit I am VERY neutral in the "ducking" game, could care less, not going to be upset if I see a bath toy(or squatch) sitting on my junk.

However, I must say that a sticker stating that "I do not wish to participate" is kind of..... DUMB.... Like I said I am neutral, but I side with the "anti-sticker" people... Why should someone have to put a sticker on their vehicle just to opt out of a soccer mom/dad game....

I also must say, that anyone literally seeing or treating the "ducking" as a criminal act and threatening violence or jail over it really needs to get over themselves! You must be the biggest stick in the mud if you would really make a big deal over someone putting a toy on your vehicle! I get the "dont touch stuff that isn't yours", but a little toy is not going to hurt your vehicle and if you would really be willing to varnish a weapon at someone for doing so, then you were just looking for a reason to become huckleberry!

mccoya2013

Rank IV

Advocate III

Oct 13, 2020
Great Falls, MT
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

You seriously just decided to participate here to troll another popular forum? Why are you continuing to lie to people? The enthusiasm is most definitely NOT off the charts. I'm not sure about rules for cross posting, so I invite anyone willing, to head over to the other forum and find your multiple threads on the same subject. Most people are not on board with your one-sided agenda and name calling to those that don't wish to participate. You even go as far as to report people and have the admin shut off the ability to reply to the thread - ask me how I know. I replied very respectfully to your thread, and you had posts deleted because it wasn't the answer / input you wanted. This is narcissistic behavior, and should not be tolerated. You ask for input, put on your big boy pants and take the bad with the good, FFS. I'm not putting a damn sticker on my vehicle, to tell you to stay away. Just respectfully stay away - it's actually that simple.
Allrigh, I'm going to write this and let it sit for a while so I can relax for a bit.....or I'll just send it because the negativety and childishness is insane.

I hear a lot of people complain about younger folks being soft but man, I see lots of people being children who are fully grown adults.

There is lots of enthusiasm for this, I've read both forums. I also see lots of people who get reeeeaallllly butt hurt about something they don't need to be apart of if they don't want too.

I'm serious, if you don't like something, move on but don't put down folks who are trying to create something new....

Be bumble, be kind.

mccoya2013

Rank IV

Advocate III

Oct 13, 2020
Great Falls, MT
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

I must admit I am VERY neutral in the "ducking" game, could care less, not going to be upset if I see a bath toy(or squatch) sitting on my junk.

However, I must say that a sticker stating that "I do not wish to participate" is kind of..... DUMB.... Like I said I am neutral, but I side with the "anti-sticker" people... Why should someone have to put a sticker on their vehicle just to opt out of a soccer mom/dad game....

I also must say, that anyone literally seeing or treating the "ducking" as a criminal act and threatening violence or jail over it really needs to get over themselves! You must be the biggest stick in the mud if you would really make a big deal over someone putting a toy on your vehicle! I get the "dont touch stuff that isn't yours", but a little toy is not going to hurt your vehicle and if you would really be willing to varnish a weapon at someone for doing so, then you were just looking for a reason to become huckleberry!
Preach!

Big agree with all of this.

The sticker idea is great but my 2 cents are to creat a sticker for people who WANT to participate.

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
Guadalupe River State Park TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

Also what about those folks that don’t want to opt in but don’t even know about this “Game” how will they know to get the sticker? And, since my Bronco is a no squatch Bronco I’ll probably have something on my Bronco saying that but only because it’s a no squatch Bronco on 35 or 37s

Reactions: mccoya2013

JeepersCreepers

Rank II

Supporter I

Jan 19, 2021
Sparta, NJ, USA
First Name
Jeeper Jack
Last Name
Johnson
You seriously just decided to participate here to troll another popular forum? Why are you continuing to lie to people? The enthusiasm is most definitely NOT off the charts. I'm not sure about rules for cross posting, so I invite anyone willing, to head over to the other forum and find your multiple threads on the same subject. Most people are not on board with your one-sided agenda and name calling to those that don't wish to participate. You even go as far as to report people and have the admin shut off the ability to reply to the thread - ask me how I know. I replied very respectfully to your thread, and you had posts deleted because it wasn't the answer / input you wanted. This is narcissistic behavior, and should not be tolerated. You ask for input, put on your big boy pants and take the bad with the good, FFS. I'm not putting a damn sticker on my vehicle, to tell you to stay away. Just respectfully stay away - it's actually that simple.
Hello GCTodd5

First, good to see you. Second, you haven’t seen the huge amount of positive traffic on this. It may not seem likely to you simply because of some “loud” people who are contributing a great deal of noise into the system. But trust me, there are dozens and dozens of participants signed up and ready to get ‘Squatchin’. Last but not least, this is the second time you’ve mentioned deleted posts but I have never and would never request that posts on this subject get deleted. So I’m not sure what’s going on with that. We want the good, the bad and the ugly and our goal is to be respectfully receptive to comments. We hear you - keep making your voice heard!

thank you!

JeepersCreepers

Rank II

Supporter I

Jan 19, 2021
Sparta, NJ, USA
First Name
Jeeper Jack
Last Name
Johnson
Also what about those folks that don’t want to opt in but don’t even know about this “Game” how will they know to get the sticker? And, since my Bronco is a no squatch Bronco I’ll probably have something on my Bronco saying that but only because it’s a no squatch Bronco on 35 or 37s
Exactly. I patiently listen to the opt in idea every time it’s mentioned but privately I wonder if people realize how infeasible that would be. It is a 100% dead on arrival suggestion because it would never work.

There are far more people who would be delighted by a ‘Squatch than annoyed and there’s no central “place” to sign up for something which should be, by design, a pleasant surprise in the first place. The only workable compromise is an opt-out process which is NOT expected or required, merely made available for folks who absolutely, positively don’t want to be ‘Squatched. It’s really quite a reasonable compromise and shows that there’s no agenda here other than a fun tradition just for Bronco owners.

Keep ‘Squatchin’,

-JC

GToddC5

Rank V

Supporter III

Jul 14, 2020
South Jersey
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Nonya
Member #

Allrigh, I'm going to write this and let it sit for a while so I can relax for a bit.....or I'll just send it because the negativety and childishness is insane.

I hear a lot of people complain about younger folks being soft but man, I see lots of people being children who are fully grown adults.

There is lots of enthusiasm for this, I've read both forums. I also see lots of people who get reeeeaallllly butt hurt about something they don't need to be apart of if they don't want too.

I'm serious, if you don't like something, move on but don't put down folks who are trying to create something new....

Be bumble, be kind.
There's already a trend for months going around, called Buck Buck Bronco, that copies the Jeep culture - how many variations do we need?. But this guy is hell bent on attempting to reinvent the wheel a third time, and push his agenda in such a way that he puts down and blocks those that are against it. That is what is childish. Except he won't take his ball and go home, rather he's attempting to mandate that those that do not wish to participate, apply a silly sticker. NO. It's all about the way he's trying to cram it down our throats or else, mentality. Go back and read his condescending posts, if you didn't pick up on it the first time.

He could easily join in the FB fun and support the existing Buck Buck Bronco trend of cheap, soft, vibrant toys that send the same message.

Lester10-3

Rank V

Champion I

Aug 11, 2020
Montrose, CO, USA
First Name
Lester
Last Name
Sendecki
Member #

Ducking must be a regional "thing." I have been driving a Rubicon Jeep for 20 years & have never heard of or seen a Ducking. Also, I don't do stickers. thanks

Reactions: Gimesnow

GToddC5

Rank V

Supporter III

Jul 14, 2020
South Jersey
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Nonya
Member #

Hello GCTodd5

First, good to see you. Second, you haven’t seen the huge amount of positive traffic on this. It may not seem likely to you simply because of some “loud” people who are contributing a great deal of noise into the system. But trust me, there are dozens and dozens of participants signed up and ready to get ‘Squatchin’. Last but not least, this is the second time you’ve mentioned deleted posts but I have never and would never request that posts on this subject get deleted. So I’m not sure what’s going on with that. We want the good, the bad and the ugly and our goal is to be respectfully receptive to comments. We hear you - keep making your voice heard!

thank you!
See - You want the input of the "loud" "curmudgeons" to keep making "noise" in your thread? Do you even hear yourself? Input for or against something is not simply right or wrong - it just is. You yourself actually spawned any backlash. I wish you could see that.

Bronco V-8

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

There has to be something in the rules about encouraging illegal activity.

Don't know about your state but we take this stuff seriously

"Interfering or tampering with a motor vehicle. First offense: Class A misdemeanor. Subsequent offense: Class D felony. "

sincerely yours The Local Curmudgeon

Reactions: GToddC5

Bronco V-8

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

Just a point here, how would you like it if

Trump 2024
or
NRA

stickers showed up on your cars? get the point?

DFW Rusty

Rank II

Advocate III

Sep 16, 2021
North Texas
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Walker
Just a point here, how would you like it if

Trump 2024
or
NRA

stickers showed up on your cars? get the point?

I think your exaggerating the topic... No one is putting a sticker on your vehicle. It is a toy! I've said it before, I could care less, not really a fan of the ducking, but I'm not going to get my panties in a twist either.... However I really don't get the people of your mind set... To be such a sour puss that you would take offense to a toy being placed on your vehicle, seeing at as malicious!

nrlucas

Rank V

Champion III

Aug 2, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Lucas
Member #

Anyone with violent tendencies is a good candidate to opt-out, and as such we'd highly recommend you take advantage of the "No Squatch" sticker.

This is a high quality gloss laminate sticker available to you at no cost other than shipping. Originally conceived as a 1.5"x1.5" emblem, the prototyping process revealed that the "No Squatch" text is illegible at that size so the sticker has been re-designed as a 3"x3" square.

Attached are examples of the No Squatch sticker and a rendering of the (approximately to scale) sticker on the passenger side window of a 2-door Bronco. Please note, the correct location to adhere the sticker is the driver side window, but in the early stages this was the best profile view of a Bronco available for visualization purposes.

As someone who will is a strong candidate for opting out, would respectfully ask your opinion on the design elements.

Thank you!

View attachment 19461
Oof, that font. Was Papyrus taking a vacation day the day this was designed? In all seriousness, I'm all for camaraderie building. But the definition of camaraderie is

"mutual trust and friendship among people who spend a lot of time together."

You seem unwilling to take the feedback that many people are giving on multiple forums, which is the exact opposite of building mutual trust and friendship. Even before anybody replied, you were already treating the opt-outers as the antagonists (sigh). In addition, the opt-out plan is flawed. I should not have to put ugly stickers on my Bronco to say "Don't touch my vehicle." And posting on a handful of forums is never going to reach all Bronco owners. So there will be tons of people who would opt out...if they even knew about it. It also doesn't make sense for me to have "No Squatch" on my squatched Badlands. And it doesn't really make sense to "squatch" a Bronco that isn't squatched. So yeah....it's going to be a no from me to putting a sticker on a vehicle that cost me nearly twice what my last car cost.

Bronco V-8

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

• You agree that the Site, or any component of the Site will NOT be used:
  • In a manner that encourages any conduct that may violate any applicable laws or would give rise to civil or criminal liability;

• Wow
Reactions: GToddC5

nrlucas

Rank V

Champion III

Aug 2, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Lucas
Member #

I think your exaggerating the topic... No one is putting a sticker on your vehicle. It is a toy! I've said it before, I could care less, not really a fan of the ducking, but I'm not going to get my panties in a twist either.... However I really don't get the people of your mind set... To be such a sour puss that you would take offense to a toy being placed on your vehicle, seeing at as malicious!
I'm less a sourpuss about putting a toy sasquatch on my car, and more a sourpuss about the language that basically comes across as "We're doing this whether you like it or not. You're wrong for not liking it. But for you snowflakes who don't want us to do it, we'll let you ugly up your ride with this sticker."

DFW Rusty

Rank II

Advocate III

Sep 16, 2021
North Texas
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Walker
I'm less a sourpuss about putting a toy sasquatch on my car, and more a sourpuss about the language that basically comes across as "We're doing this whether you like it or not. You're wrong for not liking it. But for you snowflakes who don't want us to do it, we'll let you ugly up your ride with this sticker."
Which is exactly what I said previously in this post.