Champion I

Oct 7, 2020
USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

We've got a couple more folks from the SW ready to get out there and 'Squatch. Still need a couple more from the NW.

It's a little interesting, tons of folks in the NE, SE and midwest, and so few up in the northwest corner of the country. Is there minimal interest in the Bronco there? The other irony is it's the home to the actual sasquatch... (lol)

Yours in 'Squatchin',

-JC
I wont repeat myself
Thank you, Slownstddy. I will work on that. None of us, myself in particular, wants anyone to feel unheard or "shot down" out of hand. You deserve the opportunity to make your comments and we will push forward with them in mind. If you would like to repeat what you said I will hear you out.

Respectfully,

-JC
You can go back and reread the thread. Be sure to reread your comments also and ask yourself how you would react to someone talking to you that. Other people had some good suggestions as well. Some might be from the NW, i dont know.

JeepersCreepers

Rank II

Supporter I

Jan 19, 2021
Sparta, NJ, USA
First Name
Jeeper Jack
Last Name
Johnson
I wont repeat myself

You can go back and reread the thread. Be sure to reread your comments also and ask yourself how you would react to someone talking to you that. Other people had some good suggestions as well. Some might be from the NW, i dont know.
We have done our best to respond to all comments . I provided an exhaustive list of modifications made in an attempt to broker a peace with the few anti-Squatchers out there. Sort of worn out on that.

No need to repeat yourself. Pretty sure I've got it anyway. I think we've arrived at an agreement to disagree, but I hope we can move forward positively now.

Yours in 'Squatchin',

-JC

Promoter II

Mar 20, 2021
Washington, PA, USA
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Jones
Member #

I did find it humorous when I had the doors off of the Heep I was inside a gas station at the peak of Covid. Face mask to go inside, free gloves at the pumps, sanitizer everywhere and I come out to find someone sticks a duck in the middle of my dash...it's not for me but if it makes you guys happy squatch your little hearts out.

JeepersCreepers

Rank II

Supporter I

Jan 19, 2021
Sparta, NJ, USA
First Name
Jeeper Jack
Last Name
Johnson
I did find it humorous when I had the doors off of the Heep I was inside a gas station at the peak of Covid. Face mask to go inside, free gloves at the pumps, sanitizer everywhere and I come out to find someone sticks a duck in the middle of my dash...it's not for me but if it makes you guys happy squatch your little hearts out.
It won't be in our published guidance to place a 'Squatch inside a vehicle but I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's a fun past-time which always brings out the smiles. 'Squatching hopes to take 'ducking' to the next level.

-JC

BitterBronco

Rank IV

Advocate III

May 22, 2021
Chester, CT
First Name
David
Last Name
Bitter
Member #

Hello everyone,

Terrific response to the concept of 'Squatching from many of you forums such as Bronco6G. Now that the 6th generation Broncos are finally hitting the streets (I've been driving mine for a week or so now), it's clearly the time to start our own special Bronco traditions... and the enthusiasm is off the charts. In case you missed the other threads, the basic idea is to spread the fun and camaraderie of Bronco ownership in a similar vein to what the Jeep community does -- they call it "ducking." But instead of little yellow ducks, your Bronco is going to get a visit from a regular Sasquatch! Yours to keep and enjoy, or simply place on another Bronco owner's rig that you like.

We have some early challenges.

1. Mini Bigfoots/Sasquatches aren't cheap. Cheapest unit price is around $2/unit.
  2. Squatches in that price range are VERY small. Usually 1"-1.5" in height, easy to miss.
  3. The figurines we're reviewing tend not to be colorful, at least not yet, so they might be missed based on blending in, too.
  4. The figurines we're reviewing don't always easily stand on their own two feet. A little wind or vibration could topple them over... unlike the ducks.
Also, we need to produce a gloss laminate sticker for those who don't wish to be 'Squatched. To be respectful of those owners who simply can't stand for a little plastic Bigfoot to be placed anywhere on their vehicle (sigh) we will provide a sticker which can be ordered via Bronco6G and possibly other facebook venues. This is the best solution to avoid annoying folks who don't wish to receive respect and adoration for their beautiful vehicles, or be part of a special community of owners.

I'm tagging the following users who want in: NewBroncoOwner, who has graphic design experience, Stroopaloop, WerkedPerformance, Bronco72, Kmonty (who truly seems to be "all in!"), and BroncoAdventures, among others.

There are going to be two general categories of responses to this thread.

1) People who are excited about 'Squatching.
2) People who want to complain about 'Squatching.

Let's get it all out there. Don't like it? Don't want it? That's fine, we could use your input on the gloss laminate sticker design, something you'll be comfortable adhering to your vehicle as a form of opting out.

Like it? LOVE it? I'd love to find someone with 3D design skills who might be able to build our prototype 'Squatch. Also, the small paper notes ("You've been 'Squatched!") which will be attached to the figurines.

Hoping to get the conversation started. I'm sure there will be some negativity but this is a very young community and it's to be expected. We can grow from this!

Thanks!
I’m sure this has been beaten to death in these 10 pages of forum chat but I’d suggest switching from using a sticker to opt-out and instead use a sticker to opt-in to play.

You might get a more organic growth of the game and you’d be starting with the default position of “we respect that you spent a lot of money on this vehicle and may not want people climbing on it.” It’s a strange starting point when people are worried about scratches to counterpropose a sticker. It’s kinda the same effect but self inflicted from their view.

Plus, as we’ve seen with data privacy in recent years, people should be afforded the right to opt-in to programs rather than being forced in and given the opportunity to opt-out. (Case in point, how many people are willing to give their main email address to a big box store? We all have spam accounts)

JeepersCreepers

Rank II

Supporter I

Jan 19, 2021
Sparta, NJ, USA
First Name
Jeeper Jack
Last Name
Johnson
I’m sure this has been beaten to death in these 10 pages of forum chat but I’d suggest switching from using a sticker to opt-out and instead use a sticker to opt-in to play.

You might get a more organic growth of the game and you’d be starting with the default position of “we respect that you spent a lot of money on this vehicle and may not want people climbing on it.” It’s a strange starting point when people are worried about scratches to counterpropose a sticker. It’s kinda the same effect but self inflicted from their view.

Plus, as we’ve seen with data privacy in recent years, people should be afforded the right to opt-in to programs rather than being forced in and given the opportunity to opt-out. (Case in point, how many people are willing to give their main email address to a big box store? We all have spam accounts)
Thanks, BitterBronco! Based on this sort of feedback, we've already made many adjustments to 'Squatching including eliminating Opt-out sticker signups. We are still roundtabling the possibility of handing out Opt-Out stickers with each 'Squatch but preliminary returns are a) people are confused by this and b) most people are pleased with the 'Squatch Ambassador and woudn't opt out anyway.

-JC

Mr.Plow

Rank III

Advocate I

Oct 27, 2021
Surprise, Arizona
First Name
Sergio
Last Name
Chavez
Member #

Wow...there was so much to read on this....roller coaster of emotions, that's for sure. I was 4 pages in and felt like it was dragging, so I skipped to this last page. Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but those who are ok with participating, should first purchase and display the item, whatever it may be (a figurine, sticker, patch or whatever). This way, if it's displaying you know it's ok to approach that vehicle. If it doesn't display anything, don't approach it. I like the sticker idea (but not having it stuck on a car by someone), I personally wouldn't put a sticker on my Bronco, but I'd love to put them on other things/places to proudly display them. We can put them on camping gear, off-road gear, canteens and so much more. I look forward to seeing what the community comes up with!

JeepersCreepers

Rank II

Supporter I

Jan 19, 2021
Sparta, NJ, USA
First Name
Jeeper Jack
Last Name
Johnson
Thanks, Mr. Plow. It was a long road but it appears we finally came to a bit of an understanding with those few folks who did not care to participate. The final version of ‘Squatching is nearly in ink, still just deciding whether to offer some form of opt-out or just skip it. Most of our attempts to offer non-participants an option to deselect themselves from the ‘Squatching pool were met with resistance so we simply scratched those plans and are nearly ready to scratch stickers altogether, and focus simply on the ‘Squatch Ambassador.

Website is soon to be in the works.

If you’d like to participate just send me a PM! We’d be glad to have you. This is a fun, family friendly pastime which is sure to delight the members of your family too.

Yours in ‘Squatchin’,

-JC

Reactions: Psocci3344