Supporter I

Jan 19, 2021
Sparta, NJ, USA
First Name
Jeeper Jack
Last Name
Johnson
Hello everyone,

Terrific response to the concept of 'Squatching from many of you forums such as Bronco6G. Now that the 6th generation Broncos are finally hitting the streets (I've been driving mine for a week or so now), it's clearly the time to start our own special Bronco traditions... and the enthusiasm is off the charts. In case you missed the other threads, the basic idea is to spread the fun and camaraderie of Bronco ownership in a similar vein to what the Jeep community does -- they call it "ducking." But instead of little yellow ducks, your Bronco is going to get a visit from a regular Sasquatch! Yours to keep and enjoy, or simply place on another Bronco owner's rig that you like.

We have some early challenges.

1. Mini Bigfoots/Sasquatches aren't cheap. Cheapest unit price is around $2/unit.
  2. Squatches in that price range are VERY small. Usually 1"-1.5" in height, easy to miss.
  3. The figurines we're reviewing tend not to be colorful, at least not yet, so they might be missed based on blending in, too.
  4. The figurines we're reviewing don't always easily stand on their own two feet. A little wind or vibration could topple them over... unlike the ducks.
Also, we need to produce a gloss laminate sticker for those who don't wish to be 'Squatched. To be respectful of those owners who simply can't stand for a little plastic Bigfoot to be placed anywhere on their vehicle (sigh) we will provide a sticker which can be ordered via Bronco6G and possibly other facebook venues. This is the best solution to avoid annoying folks who don't wish to receive respect and adoration for their beautiful vehicles, or be part of a special community of owners.

I'm tagging the following users who want in: NewBroncoOwner, who has graphic design experience, Stroopaloop, WerkedPerformance, Bronco72, Kmonty (who truly seems to be "all in!"), and BroncoAdventures, among others.

There are going to be two general categories of responses to this thread.

1) People who are excited about 'Squatching.
2) People who want to complain about 'Squatching.

Let's get it all out there. Don't like it? Don't want it? That's fine, we could use your input on the gloss laminate sticker design, something you'll be comfortable adhering to your vehicle as a form of opting out.

Like it? LOVE it? I'd love to find someone with 3D design skills who might be able to build our prototype 'Squatch. Also, the small paper notes ("You've been 'Squatched!") which will be attached to the figurines.

Hoping to get the conversation started. I'm sure there will be some negativity but this is a very young community and it's to be expected. We can grow from this!

Thanks!

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
Guadalupe River State Park TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

Hmmm I kinda like the idea of stickers. I can see people having rows of little Sasquatches for all the folks that have like theirs enough to squatch them. I do think it should just be a Sasquatch silhouette. Might be cool to do them in the Bronco colors so I would get a stack of A51 Sasquatches to hand out.

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
Guadalupe River State Park TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

I feel like this should be an opt-in thing… not an opt-out thing. Not really fair for people who don’t want to take part, to have to opt out.
I was thinking they would leave you a sticker and you can stick it on, I don’t like the idea of someone putting a sticker on my ride. That would not fly for me. You can leave me a sticker and I will add it.

shark1247

Rank 0

Advocate I

Sep 22, 2021
Snohomish, WA
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Pitts
Hello everyone,

Terrific response to the concept of 'Squatching from many of you forums such as Bronco6G. Now that the 6th generation Broncos are finally hitting the streets (I've been driving mine for a week or so now), it's clearly the time to start our own special Bronco traditions... and the enthusiasm is off the charts. In case you missed the other threads, the basic idea is to spread the fun and camaraderie of Bronco ownership in a similar vein to what the Jeep community does -- they call it "ducking." But instead of little yellow ducks, your Bronco is going to get a visit from a regular Sasquatch! Yours to keep and enjoy, or simply place on another Bronco owner's rig that you like.

1. Mini Bigfoots/Sasquatches aren't cheap. Cheapest unit price is around $2/unit.
  2. Squatches in that price range are VERY small. Usually 1"-1.5" in height, easy to miss.
  3. The figurines we're reviewing tend not to be colorful, at least not yet, so they might be missed based on blending in, too.
  4. The figurines we're reviewing don't always easily stand on their own two feet. A little wind or vibration could topple them over... unlike the ducks.
Also, we need to produce a gloss laminate sticker for those who don't wish to be 'Squatched. To be respectful of those owners who simply can't stand for a little plastic Bigfoot to be placed anywhere on their vehicle (sigh) we will provide a sticker which can be ordered via Bronco6G and possibly other facebook venues. This is the best solution to avoid annoying folks who don't wish to receive respect and adoration for their beautiful vehicles, or be part of a special community of owners.

I'm tagging the following users who want in: NewBroncoOwner, who has graphic design experience, Stroopaloop, WerkedPerformance, Bronco72, Kmonty (who truly seems to be "all in!"), and BroncoAdventures, among others.

Let's get it all out there. Don't like it? Don't want it? That's fine, we could use your input on the gloss laminate sticker design, something you'll be comfortable adhering to your vehicle as a form of opting out.

Like it? LOVE it? I'd love to find someone with 3D design skills who might be able to build our prototype 'Squatch. Also, the small paper notes ("You've been 'Squatched!") which will be attached to the figurines.

Hoping to get the conversation started. I'm sure there will be some negativity but this is a very young community and it's to be expected. We can grow from this!

Thanks!
Velcro patch that will stick on headliner.

Reactions: AndreaM

Bronco_Girl

Rank VI

Promoter II

Aug 24, 2020
USA
First Name
Janet
Last Name
Conrad
Member #

Hello everyone,

Thanks!
Why don't you guys come up with a sticker to put on the front windshield to signify you do want to play the game.

No sticker = no-mess-with-my-$60,000-Bronco.

WIN WIN SITUATION

JeepersCreepers

Rank II

Supporter I

Jan 19, 2021
Sparta, NJ, USA
First Name
Jeeper Jack
Last Name
Johnson
Well, it really won't work to do an "opt-in" sticker because the whole point of this exercise, like ducking in the Jeep world, is to surprise-delight the recipient.

I am aware that in the modern climate the number of folks who are more inclined to be grumpy about friendly overtures has increased. That is just the way the world has leaned for the last few years, so the knee-jerk "don't come near my pretty vehicle" is sort of understandable. We've all been under a lot of stress.

But the off-road community is special and I think we can trust ourselves to be a little warmer, more gracious, and more accepting of no-strings-attached friendliness. These vehicles are tough. We beat them up on the trails. A little 'Squatch visiting your truck is sure to delight most anyone, but especially kids (and there's a good chance young ones will be the first to place the 'Squatch and it's little message tag). And it's not going to scratch, damage, or in any way "hurt" your Bronco. It's just a message: "Nice rig, I have one too."

The opt-out sticker is really for the hardcore curmudgeon that really can't stand anyone coming close to their vehicle. Hopefully none of us here at a forum like Bronco Nation would feel that way. Just by our membership here, we're already trying to be part of a community in its formational stages.

'Squatching is a fun new tradition just for Bronco owners which is just getting started. Hoping y'all will join.

JeepersCreepers

Rank II

Supporter I

Jan 19, 2021
Sparta, NJ, USA
First Name
Jeeper Jack
Last Name
Johnson
Sorry but don't touch my Bronco. It's armed and I'm armed. Wyoming is the wrong place to touch other people's property.
Anyone with violent tendencies is a good candidate to opt-out, and as such we'd highly recommend you take advantage of the "No Squatch" sticker.

This is a high quality gloss laminate sticker available to you at no cost other than shipping. Originally conceived as a 1.5"x1.5" emblem, the prototyping process revealed that the "No Squatch" text is illegible at that size so the sticker has been re-designed as a 3"x3" square.

Attached are examples of the No Squatch sticker and a rendering of the (approximately to scale) sticker on the passenger side window of a 2-door Bronco. Please note, the correct location to adhere the sticker is the driver side window, but in the early stages this was the best profile view of a Bronco available for visualization purposes.

As someone who will is a strong candidate for opting out, would respectfully ask your opinion on the design elements.

Thank you!

NOSQUATCH.png
NOSQUATCH-ON-BRONCO.png

Charley

Rank IV

Champion III

Jul 28, 2021
Sylva, Jackson County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Charley
Last Name
Ward
Member #

I think the opt out sticker is a big fat hell no. I’d be open to the game, but I don’t do stickers no way no how, and I’d bet the people not wanting do dads showing up on the trick also do not want anything to do with buying a sticker to put on their truck to opt out.

I don’t have the answers, but it’s gotta be an opt in or whomever just takes a chance. I mean, see one in the parking lot of a gun store, probably keep going. See one at a Target, g’head.

GToddC5

Rank V

Supporter III

Jul 14, 2020
South Jersey
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Nonya
Member #

You seriously just decided to participate here to troll another popular forum? Why are you continuing to lie to people? The enthusiasm is most definitely NOT off the charts. I'm not sure about rules for cross posting, so I invite anyone willing, to head over to the other forum and find your multiple threads on the same subject. Most people are not on board with your one-sided agenda and name calling to those that don't wish to participate. You even go as far as to report people and have the admin shut off the ability to reply to the thread - ask me how I know. I replied very respectfully to your thread, and you had posts deleted because it wasn't the answer / input you wanted. This is narcissistic behavior, and should not be tolerated. You ask for input, put on your big boy pants and take the bad with the good, FFS. I'm not putting a damn sticker on my vehicle, to tell you to stay away. Just respectfully stay away - it's actually that simple.

Last edited:

Bronco V-8

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

Don't know which is worse these stickers or the stupid wave.

Instead of risking arrest or a trip to the hospital because of vandalizing someones car.Why don't we get Jeep stickers to put on the front fender for everytime we pull a stuck Jeep out.