Worth Waiting Til 2022??

LaSal
Dec 15, 2020

Rank III

Dec 15, 2020

I'm 98% sure I've made my mind up on the BD trim. My issue is, I'm not willing to give up the 7 speed manual transmission but I also REALLY want to upgrade to the Mid Package. It doesn't seem this is possible in the build and price. The notes in the Mid Package state the remote start isn't available with the manual transmission, which I get, and I don't care. I just want most of the other features that it seems you can ONLY get if you upgrade to the Mid Package. But choosing the Mid Package automatically changes my transmission selection to the auto. Is this something that might be available in 2022? Is it worth waiting for? It it just a bug in the system?? Anyone else have thoughts on this? I'd love to get other opinions and knowledge!
Broncobuster
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2020

Trusted and Carefree

Dec 15, 2020

If the stick is your thing, Its going to drive you crazy every time you put the slush-box in gear. If it is the thing you want (and it very nearly is for me), I would wait.
Life is too short for regret, but 12 months for the transmission you want would be worth it.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
Bronc96

Rank VI

Dec 15, 2020

eh... just get the badlands ;)

(you can get the manual and the mid package)
[O- 725 -O]

Rank III

Dec 15, 2020

I'm 98% sure I've made my mind up on the BD trim. My issue is, I'm not willing to give up the 7 speed manual transmission but I also REALLY want to upgrade to the Mid Package. It doesn't seem this is possible in the build and price. The notes in the Mid Package state the remote start isn't available with the manual transmission, which I get, and I don't care. I just want most of the other features that it seems you can ONLY get if you upgrade to the Mid Package. But choosing the Mid Package automatically changes my transmission selection to the auto. Is this something that might be available in 2022? Is it worth waiting for? It it just a bug in the system?? Anyone else have thoughts on this? I'd love to get other opinions and knowledge!
I Think a lot of these is due to the mid package adding on "pre collision assist with AEB, BLIS and the lane keeping system". Probably just easier to put all that into one engine instead of both. Maybe there are issues with having those add-ons with the standard option?

Rank IV

Dec 15, 2020

The Badlands is the only version available that lets you have a manual transmission with a Mid, High or Lux package. It's not a bug in the system. It was specifically mentioned in the interiors walkthrough that the Badlands was the only way you could get a manual with higher option packages. No one really knows what will be available for MY22 other than what has already been mentioned such as the Manual Sasquatch and colored+white roofs.
JFord, Bronc96

Rank VI

Dec 15, 2020

It sounds like 7sp MT and Mid-Package are deal breakers for you. Hopefully a Badlands is financially feasible for you. Other than previously announced new items for 2022 (man-squatch and tops), I don't think I would count on Ford significantly altering options or packages for 2022. They seem to have more than their hands full getting these things out at all for 2021, and 2022MY is really just an extension of 2021MY. I wouldn't expect any serious new features or package options until 2023MY.

MT + high/lux was really what pushed me into a Badlands.

I wish Ford's marketing materials had been more clear what you could/could not get with the MT from the beginning. On reveal night, I genuinely thought Mid package was available on BB and BD regardless of transmission and that Sasquatch was available on any Bronco.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
JFord, Bronco V-8

Rank 0

Jan 10, 2021

I have the exact same issue. I made my reservation on day one and I was planning to get a 4-door Black Diamond with the manual, hard top, and mid package. I‘m not willing to give up the manual for creature comforts, and though I could afford to jump to the Badlands, I‘m not willing to do that.

I must have built my truck 75 times, hoping every day or two that they fix the build and price and this was just another glitch. I‘m still going to try to spec it that way when it’s time to place my order, but I’m fully expecting the dealer to tell me it can’t be done. I’m very disappointed.

Honestly, this may be enough to cancel my reservation. Jeep will sell you a Willys trim Wrangler or Gladiator (closest analogue to Black Diamond) with a 6MT and all the luxury options you want. I found myself driving Gladiators last weekend. You can buy one without waiting for less than MSRP.

If I do keep my reservation, I’ll forego Mid to keep the 7MT. My work-around will be to buy and install my own seat heaters, 110 outlet, and option the keypad on the door (second-rate advanced keyless). That’ll get back most of what I want for about $300. None of which goes to Ford. The big hurt is the dual zone auto climate. My wife is always colder than I am, so being able to set separate temps is key. If I knew I could get Mid package and 7MT as a MY22, I’d wait for it.
ATC Enthusiast, tlowell01

Rank VI

Jan 10, 2021

I have the exact same issue. I made my reservation on day one and I was planning to get a 4-door Black Diamond with the manual, hard top, and mid package. I‘m not willing to give up the manual for creature comforts, and though I could afford to jump to the Badlands, I‘m not willing to do that.

I must have built my truck 75 times, hoping every day or two that they fix the build and price and this was just another glitch. I‘m still going to try to spec it that way when it’s time to place my order, but I’m fully expecting the dealer to tell me it can’t be done. I’m very disappointed.

Honestly, this may be enough to cancel my reservation. Jeep will sell you a Willys trim Wrangler or Gladiator (closest analogue to Black Diamond) with a 6MT and all the luxury options you want. I found myself driving Gladiators last weekend. You can buy one without waiting for less than MSRP.

If I do keep my reservation, I’ll forego Mid to keep the 7MT. My work-around will be to buy and install my own seat heaters, 110 outlet, and option the keypad on the door (second-rate advanced keyless). That’ll get back most of what I want for about $300. None of which goes to Ford. The big hurt is the dual zone auto climate. My wife is always colder than I am, so being able to set separate temps is key. If I knew I could get Mid package and 7MT as a MY22, I’d wait for it.
I feel your pain here @Projectrally. I was originally 2 dr BD, manual and Mid. I won't give up the manual and I hate to loose some of the features from the Mid (need the heated seats and dual zone climate for wife also :)). I am still debating but might have to go up to Badlands. I am a lifelong Bronco guy so no Jeep option for me, either buy Bronc or wait. :)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
tlowell01, JFord

Rank 0

Jan 10, 2021

New to this forum and want to purchase a new Bronco...what is the "Badlands"? Thx

Rank VI

Jan 10, 2021

New to this forum and want to purchase a new Bronco...what is the "Badlands"? Thx
Welcome aboard to Bronco Nation! Glad to hear you are interested in the new Bronc, a lot of great resources and info here to digest so enjoy!

Badlands is one of the seven trim levels for the new Bronco (Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond, Outer Banks, Badlands, Wildtrak, First Edition). BL is directed toward hardcore off road and comes standard with features like frt/rear electronic lockers, stabilizer bar disconnect, 33" tires and marine grade vinyl seats with wash out floors.

Attachments

Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
JFord, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jan 10, 2021

Ok, some news regarding ordering for those like e it wont. eme whom arnt familiar with the process. I was etold yesterday when i sat down with my dealers agent, the bugs in the build and price site will get corrected in the actual dealers order screen. Example, if your selecting an option then later select a package that includes that option, the B&p may bill it twice but when the actual order is made, it wont. Simple example.
So, i feel it gives us hope that the dealer can overwrite SOME of the perameters and we can get some of the package upgrades the B&p wont let us have. Talk to your Dealer about this and see what they say.
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021
Deano Bronc, Projectrally

Rank 0

Jan 10, 2021

That’s encouraging! Looking forward to connecting with the dealer once the order books open. Fingers crossed it’s still a B&P glitch...
Slownstddy, Bronc96

Rank VI

Jan 10, 2021

Talk to your dealer. There may be a a work around to get the mid package.
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021

Rank VI

Jan 10, 2021

My dealers sales manager was still surprised at how it takes the roof racks off when ordering a 2.7 or squatch Package. He stated he was going to investigate, either way im thinking that ill just have to order the roof rails separately and put them on myself then determine what rack i want up there. No tent on the roof though, the sway when i roll over might make the Mrs. Sea sick..lmao..ha..ha
Rhiostatic, Bronc96