Window cleaning

Lorida Bob
Jun 26, 2022

Rank V

Jun 26, 2022

Does anyone else have a hard time cleaning the Windows on there new Bronco? I have water spots that will not go away, glass feels gritty, what the hell is going on ?
the poacher, Chief1301
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2022

Chief

Jun 26, 2022

Does anyone else have a hard time cleaning the Windows on there new Bronco? I have water spots that will not go away, glass feels gritty, what the hell is going on ?
I don't have my Bronco yet so I don't know. Maybe those that have can chime in.

Rank VI

Jun 26, 2022

Plexus takes the water spots and makes em look better than new.

https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/back-window-soft-top-scratches.10474/post-153156
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top
NiceBronco

Rank VI

Jun 26, 2022

Make sure you use clean microfiber towels, one to wipe the majority of moisture off, then use a dry one to wipe the rest of the moisture off.
TitsLaRue, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jun 28, 2022

Reread your post, and maybe it’s the glass windows (not plastic) you’re having trouble with.

My windshield was as you described. Washed it well, then used some glass cleaner, then followed up with rainx. Seems to have cleared up the glass and eliminated the water spots.
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top

Rank V

Jun 28, 2022

As an auto detailer years ago, I used a super fine steel wool dry sponge to remove water spots on car windows (glass) without damaging the surface. Followed by a good cleaning with regular liquid glass cleaner + bathroom hand towel (not micro fiber towel).

Living in the southeast years ago lots of rain baked on cars or cars parked next to hard water sprinklers out west. Either way I've used this steel wool method many times over the last 25yrs and the glass windows always looked brand new again when done.

Keep in mind. Ford windows and even rearview mirror material is very pourus and frankly low quality. Paint job also super thin!! You may or may not be able to get the hard water spots all off your Ford windows using the steel wool method. If not, you will only notice it in some angles and light shades. But otherwise your glass will look clean to the naked eye.

I've had poor Ford glass on my '21 Bronco, '12 Raptor Supercab, '00 Mustang GT, '98 F350 MT Diesel 4x4, and '88 F350 464 V8 4x4. You eventually learn to just live with it lol
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992
NiceBronco

Rank 0

Jul 18, 2022

Fyi for plastic soft top windows furniture spray wax such as Pledge works good too. Dont need much, but clean windows with soap and water like always and after rinsing, Pledge provides great finish and protection. Clean cloths only!!!

O-===-O BRONCO, Trail Rated is standard

Aug 16, 2022

I always use aerosol foam glass cleaners and a squeegee. Easy peasy and like new. Windex types don't do as well on vehicles or really on any glass without requiring alot more wiping and is still not perfect. If you have and really want to use a spray glass cleaner vs an aresol you can wipe with black and white newspaper(Not color) or the blue shop towels that are like thick paper towels. microfibers smear on glass and will leave little micro fiber hairs as an unmwanted present.
Sparky 22, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Aug 16, 2022

As mentioned steel wool. Clay bar (mild) works to clear the grime off.
IMO, best glass cleaner is Windex with a waffle weave microfibre towel.

Rank III

Aug 17, 2022

Had similar issue with my Raptor. Used Glassparency and works like a charm. 3 year warranty and did the same with the Bronco.

Moab or bust!!!

Aug 17, 2022

Had similar issue with my Raptor. Used Glassparency and works like a charm. 3 year warranty and did the same with the Bronco.
Did you put it on yourself or at an installer?
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Gladesmen

Aug 17, 2022

I always used windex and a razor blade if your careful you can clean it and not scratch the glass. I do the same thing on my quartz counter tops. Then a little pledge over and done.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Rank III

Aug 17, 2022

Did you put it on yourself or at an installer?
detailer did it for me and my other vehicles
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Aug 17, 2022

“Ford glass” was mentioned a few times in this thread. Ford sold off its glass manufacturing plants in 2007. They stopped making their own parts around the same time.
dberg71

Rank I

Sep 10, 2022

Soak a rag in vinegar, wipe it on, wait a few minutes, wash it off with distilled water, and wala! After that always wash with distilled water, or get a water softener. The spots are minerals.

Rank V

Sep 12, 2022

Put some food on the window. Insert good size dog into truck by said window. Let dog remove all of the said food. Take some window cleaner and a towel. Zip...boom...bang spots gone, dog happy.
Mikey D

Rank 0

Oct 27, 2022

I have a REALLY hard time getting the bugs off of my windshield. It drives me crazy how many bugs there are compared to my previous SUVs.

Rank VI

Oct 27, 2022

Rainex is your best friend I have learned already. Day I picked my bronco up drove home through a huge downpour and even with the wipers on high couldn’t see a thing. First warm day I rainex’d all the exterior glass and it makes a world of difference. Bugs come of way easier now.
22 Black Diamond 2dr non sas w tow and roof rails.
Nminus1

Rank IV

Oct 28, 2022

RainX is good. But ceramic coating is even better. DIY ceramic coating is still more expensive than RainX, though. But it also lasts a lot longer.
- seatback covers from amazon.com - DIY windshield film from grab-gard.com - grab handles from bartact

Rank V

Oct 28, 2022

RainX is good. But ceramic coating is even better. DIY ceramic coating is still more expensive than RainX, though. But it also lasts a lot longer.
Totally agree. Short term pain, long term gain. Application to glass is very east too.
2022 4dr Badlands~Cyber Orange~MIC Top~Non Sas~2.3l MT~High Package~Roof Rails~Block Heater~Ordered 1/13/22~Build date 11/3~ In production 10/26~Window sticker 10/27~11/3 Blend date~Modules live 11/4~built email 11/6~shipped 11/14~arrived at the dealership 12/13~in the home stall 12/15