Will Ford Improve Bronco Inventories Anytime Soon?

Laura
Jun 13, 2022
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Jun 13, 2022

Shortage.png

Semiconductor shortage hinders assembly line pace

The shortage of semiconductors produced by global chipmakers has been a plague on the automotive industry – affecting inventories across all vehicle types. But when the vehicle such as the Bronco has just hit the market and is in demand, it makes the supply situation even worse.

And it may be months, if not years, before the demand is met.

Head to the News section to read the full article, and leave your thoughts below.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Deano Bronc, ResidualGenius
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2022

Rank VI

Jun 13, 2022

I mean, it's nothing new. We've known this since last June. Though I giggle at this quote from Farley:
“It’s frustrating for everyone. All we can do at this point is scale as fast as we can and break the constraints and communicate to (buyers) what’s realistic,”
Ok..so how are you going to scale and break constraints when you can't get enough chips, tops, engines, etc? When you can't even run 2 full shifts?
I started thinking a month ago my 4/21 order would at best be a 2023. Now I'm thinking it might be a 2024. I'm sure the nebulous, unknowable allocation formula will make sure any and all Broncos will get built before mine is ☹️.
I feel like more and more Ford is backing away from taking any responsibility for what a botched roll out this is, and is just trying to gaslight us into thinking this is the new normal.
ResidualGenius

Libations MOD

Jun 13, 2022

"communicate to (buyers) what’s realistic,”
Did I get left out of their "communicate" loop??
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
mbelding0512, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jun 13, 2022

Wait a second.. I thought they closed all MY22 orders back in March. No one can order until order banks open up for MY23. So does the above picture really mean anything at this point?
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
Deano Bronc
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Jun 13, 2022

I was wondering why they have that on the site right now. So people don't visit, see you can't order, and automatically lose interest? It's a slower letdown once they configure and talk to a dealer. I don't know.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Deano Bronc