Will a 1991 ford f150 5.0 fuel pump fit a 1991 ford bronco?

jcab91
Sep 13, 2020

Rank 0

Sep 13, 2020

I’m having a really hard time finding a 1991 ford bronco fuel pump assembly. Today I pulled out my 91 bronco fuel pump and noticed that the wires to the connecter were detached. It appears that there is no wat to solder the wire back to the connector. Has anyone put a 91 f150 fuel pump in a bronco?

Please help!!
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2020

Moab or bust!!!

Sep 15, 2020

I’m having a really hard time finding a 1991 ford bronco fuel pump assembly. Today I pulled out my 91 bronco fuel pump and noticed that the wires to the connecter were detached. It appears that there is no wat to solder the wire back to the connector. Has anyone put a 91 f150 fuel pump in a bronco?

Please help!!
@allan @Dave @Admin
Could you please move this post to the appropriate section so he might get an answer? Thanks!
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Rank VI

Sep 15, 2020

Are you wanting to replace the entire assembly? When I replaced the pump in my 1993 I cut the wires below the cover and used a plastic wire connector to reconnect. I only replaced the pump ( the big white piece on bottom). You can get these pumps from 30$ to 100$ but try and stay towards the decent name brand. I'm a cheap bastard and will not throw 260$ for the assembly if only the pump is bad. These sending units last a long time... but the float goes bad. There are two different styles ( plastic and metal) try and get the metal float. The Bronco is essentially a F150 and the tank/pump and such are identical. Cut an access hole above the pump assembly so next time you do not have drop the tank. I know it seems sketchy to use plastic connectors inside a gas tank.... just take your time and use some decent wire connectors. They have some awesome ones that heat shrink to fit. The most dangerous part is removing the cover..... never use metal on metal to install or remove ( this includes a insulated screwdriver). Get a piece of wood or plastic... something that has no chance of producing sparks on the lock ring.

Last up do not make the same mistake I did. I bought the cheap ass 30$ pump on Amazon. everything worked well for 6 months... then it died. I did not realize that the gas in the tank is actually what is used to keep the pump cool. Since this pump was on my trail rig I only kept a few gallons in the tank. I'm sure this helped in the pump failure.

You can go to the yard and find a assembly cheap on any F150 1991 to 1996..... but as you know it is no fun dropping the tank... especially in a junk yard.

https://shop.broncograveyard.com/19...-_-Fuel-Pump-Kit-33-Gallon/productinfo/30255/

Attachments

JFord

Rank VI

Oct 12, 2020

@allan @Dave @Admin
Could you please move this post to the appropriate section so he might get an answer? Thanks!
Moved. (y)
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Deano Bronc