Wildtrak Interior

B MIller
Dec 23, 2020

Northwest Bronco

Dec 23, 2020

I've gone between the badlands and wildtrak for the last few months. Want that 12" screen and sport mode over rock crawl. Gonna be in Arizona eventually and need those cloth seats available in the wildtrak. I don't wanna burn my buns on the badlands seats!

The only issue is the wildtrak's WELL KNOWN cloth interior color issues. My wife and I agree it's annoying to look at. Too many different colors going on between the seats, dash, and blue accents.

FORD: Can we get another cloth color option? Maybe another accent color in general. The blue goes with nothing in the current options. Maybe the accent color can simply match the colors in the current interior?
Northwest Bronco Channel
Johnny Mo, Reidski29

Rank VI

Dec 23, 2020

I've gone between the badlands and wildtrak for the last few months. Want that 12" screen and sport mode over rock crawl. Gonna be in Arizona eventually and need those cloth seats available in the wildtrak. I don't wanna burn my buns on the badlands seats!

The only issue is the wildtrak's WELL KNOWN cloth interior color issues. My wife and I agree it's annoying to look at. Too many different colors going on between the seats, dash, and blue accents.

FORD: Can we get another cloth color option? Maybe another accent color in general. The blue goes with nothing in the current options. Maybe the accent color can simply match the colors in the current interior?

Another way of looking at this is, what can you change. I suspect some owners will purchase seat covers. Not ideal, but manageable for some. The blue accent items may be changeable. These vehicles will be changed a lot via aftermarket companies. The question is, will Wildtrak serve you well as a platform for your unique customizations?
Hobgoblin, SuzHansen

Northwest Bronco

Dec 24, 2020

I've thought about the whole swap concept. The only hang up is the seat stitching. Kinda tough to get around it without the covers mentioned. The badlands interior is very nice to the eye. Love it. But I really want cloth seats and sport mode. The folks on here say sport mode really "wakes up" the 2.7 L.

I think I'm gonna have to wait as long as possible and see if they improve the wildtrak interior or provide another option. If not, pick up a badlands.

Hmmmmmm
Northwest Bronco Channel
TurboS-957, BronxBuster

Rank VI

Dec 24, 2020

I've thought about the whole swap concept. The only hang up is the seat stitching. Kinda tough to get around it without the covers mentioned. The badlands interior is very nice to the eye. Love it. But I really want cloth seats and sport mode. The folks on here say sport mode really "wakes up" the 2.7 L.

I think I'm gonna have to wait as long as possible and see if they improve the wildtrak interior or provide another option. If not, pick up a badlands.

Hmmmmmm
On my F150 I have the 3.5EB with sport mode and it is great. On the Badlands you will get Baja mode. You can manually switch to 2H and go like a bat out of hell! That is my plan when I get my Badlands.
RedCo, Hobgoblin

Rank VI

Dec 24, 2020

I think Ford is listening and I would not be surprised if we see some additional interior options coming in the future...fingers crossed! (y)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Baumer22, RedCo

Rank V

Dec 24, 2020

Agreed, I've been considering Badlands just to get an all Black leather seats, no area51 interior trim, and alloy beauty rings on the wheels. Forced color combinations on models should not dictate model Bronco you order.
Past Bronco's: 1986 Bronco II V-6 Eddie Bauer - blue, 1986 Bronco 351 HO black, 1989 Bronco 351 HO Eddie Bauer - red
CinciBronco, Ashlesophia

Rank VI

Dec 24, 2020

Agreed, I've been considering Badlands just to get an all Black leather seats, no area51 interior trim, and alloy beauty rings on the wheels. Forced color combinations on models should not dictate model Bronco you order.

Perhaps Ford is no different than any other large corporation marketing a new product line to the consumer. Colors and color combinations can be designed to direct the consumer to preferred products. During the BN video on interior colors, Missy seemed to place extra effort describing both the Black Diamond and the Badlands models. At that point, I felt the message was clear.
Bronc96

Rank V

Dec 24, 2020

Perhaps Ford is no different than any other large corporation marketing a new product line to the consumer. Colors and color combinations can be designed to direct the consumer to preferred products. During the BN video on interior colors, Missy seemed to place extra effort describing both the Black Diamond and the Badlands models. At that point, I felt the message was clear.
Watched the video, still don't agree with the accent color dictated by model vs coordinated with the exterior color. However I do agree in case of neutral exterior colors such as white, black, silvers and grays. I'm looking at Velocity blue or Race Red in which the Area51 interior accent clashes. I'm hoping the interior accent color we see on pre-production models is just due to limited parts availability. At over 60k, accent colors must be coordinated with the exterior or it's a no go for me.
Past Bronco's: 1986 Bronco II V-6 Eddie Bauer - blue, 1986 Bronco 351 HO black, 1989 Bronco 351 HO Eddie Bauer - red
BronxBuster, Vigor

Rank V

Dec 31, 2020

Another way of looking at this is, what can you change. I suspect some owners will purchase seat covers. Not ideal, but manageable for some. The blue accent items may be changeable. These vehicles will be changed a lot via aftermarket companies. The question is, will Wildtrak serve you well as a platform for your unique customizations?
I wonder how much work or money it would take to change the entire dash of a Bronco. It would be great if that's selectable but I highly doubt that.

I'd personally want the roast cloth seats on obx but swap for the blue dash
BlessingsX4, BuzzyBud

Rank IV

Jan 01, 2021

The Wildtrak interior is one of my favorites. Love the Sandstone/Black leather seats and two tone matching dash. It's got that cool retro vibe going on.

20201220_213528.jpg
saintseason, Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Jan 08, 2021

I reserved a WT but the lack of interior choices is making me lean toward the BL. Was really hoping that Ford would come through with the preproduction white interior.
travisdougan

Rank IV

Jan 08, 2021

I reserved a WT but the lack of interior choices is making me lean toward the BL. Was really hoping that Ford would come through with the preproduction white interior.

I think Ford was going for that oldschool look from the Gen 1 Broncos. Call me crazy but I prefer the Wildtrak interior over the solid Black Badlands. It's not that I don't like all black interiors, my Rubicon and Trd Pro both have the all back interiors, so I may be alittle burnt out on it.

1977-Ford-Bronco-Interior-Cabin-Dashboard_d.jpg
Deano Bronc, RedCo

Rank 0

Jan 24, 2021

This is the exact reason I went with the Outer Banks, way nice interior choices, im not paying 50k+ to get cloth interior lol

Rank 0

Feb 11, 2021

how do you pick the front grill on Wildtrak? also how can you get the black/tan leather interior like you see on some of the youtube videos? or maybe even the seats offered in the Filson?

Rank V

Feb 11, 2021

how do you pick the front grill on Wildtrak? also how can you get the black/tan leather interior like you see on some of the youtube videos? or maybe even the seats offered in the Filson?

Can't pick far as we know. The WT grille doesn't change although some images suggest otherwise.
The Tan and black leather is standard if you pick the leather upgrade. The Filson interior is concept (and a tease) only

Rank 0

Feb 11, 2021

Can't pick far as we know. The WT grille doesn't change although some images suggest otherwise.
The Tan and black leather is standard if you pick the leather upgrade. The Filson interior is concept (and a tease) only
Vigor, thanks for the reply, do you have pictures to share of the tan/black leather, the ones i have seen look more like gray/black

Rank V

Feb 11, 2021

Vigor, thanks for the reply, do you have pictures to share of the tan/black leather, the ones i have seen look more like gray/black

You can find these within the News section of bronconation. I'm using the bronconation app so I can't link you to them. But here are a few examples

Attachments

Paladin

Rank 0

Feb 20, 2021

One of the other things that I don't understand is that on the two door you don't get a power seat but you do on the 4 door. I guess its because they want a sliding option to allow people to get in the back seats (to lazy to engineer a solution) I cant believe for the 60K price loaded I cant have a power seat.
Vigor

Rank 0

Apr 01, 2021

One of the other things that I don't understand is that on the two door you don't get a power seat but you do on the 4 door. I guess its because they want a sliding option to allow people to get in the back seats (to lazy to engineer a solution) I cant believe for the 60K price loaded I cant have a power seat.

I've ordered a 2 Door WT and wondered the same thing. I did see a video where they said it was not offered on the 2 Door, so the seat could slide up easily for people exiting the back seat. Sucks, but I can deal.
Wildtrak, 2.7L V6, Mic Top, Black
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Apr 01, 2021

I've ordered a 2 Door WT and wondered the same thing. I did see a video where they said it was not offered on the 2 Door, so the seat could slide up easily for people exiting the back seat. Sucks, but I can deal.
Besides convincing my fiance that we don't need the two extra doors, when her suv is already a 4 seater... the lack of power seats is the 1 remaining thing keeping me from going the 2 door route