Why no heated steering wheel as stand alone option?

Bschurr
Jan 31, 2021

No Ragerts

Jan 31, 2021

It’s the only appealing part of the Lux package - why isn’t it offered as a stand alone option?
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Reformed Wrangler, jimeb0405
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2021

Moab or bust!!!

Jan 31, 2021

It’s the only appealing part of the Lux package - why isn’t it offered as a stand alone option?
I agree it doesn't make a lot sense. Should be included with the heated seats.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
NVSUR, Bschurr

Rank V

Jan 31, 2021

I agree it should be offered stand-alone or with heated seats. In retrospect, Ford might've made a mistake pushing more people into the Lux package since it's far more popular than they expected.

I love heated steering wheels and would get it regardless, but the Lux package has several things I want so I don't mind paying for it.
NVSUR, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Feb 04, 2021

aaaaaaammm to make money
NVSUR, Deano Bronc

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 04, 2021

To push you to a higher trim level and the Lux package. Should have been packaged with the heated seats in the mid package. Or in a cold weather group with the seats, and remote start.
AcesandEights, RedCo

Rank 0

Feb 23, 2021

That's a major disappointment for me too. I love my heated seats and steering wheels but i'm not paying for the lux package to get them. I'm getting a BL standard package.
Bschurr

Rank 0

Mar 11, 2021

"why isn’t it offered as a stand alone option?". Just a guess. Ford probably wants to limit the number of factory options to make quality control easier and therefore cheaper with fewer angry customers.
"It’s the only appealing part of the Lux package" Again a guess. If Ford bundled it in the mid package then it would make the Lux package a harder sell, but I am sure plenty of people will find value in the other lux additions.
The one Lux package addition that has me shaking my head is that the other packages don't include a garage door opener.... Considering that those things only cost $20 to buy aftermarket it seems kind of silly to roll it into a 5k package.
Reformed Wrangler, Deano Bronc