Why I wish the Base was more basic

AmCap76
Jan 29, 2021

Rank IV

Jan 29, 2021

I don’t consider myself a Luddite but, when it comes to the new Bronco, I’m all about that base.
While I appreciate the luxury of heated seats, the convenience of auto locking hubs, and the ease of backing into a parking space via the dash mounted Jumbotron, that’s just not what I want on a open air woods rig.
Reading this news on a global microchip shortage impacting the already delayed production schedule only reinforces my dismay.

https://fordauthority.com/2020/12/f...n-threatened-by-potential-microchip-shortage/
NurseDan, TK1215
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2021

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jan 29, 2021

I hear ya.
Mechanical shift lever 4wd and hubs are rock solid reliable.
I'm buying a new Bronco only because you can't get an old one cheaper than a new one.I would be happy as a clam with an original and its lack of worthless doodads..
Bronco1984, AcesandEights

Rank III

Jan 31, 2021

I hear ya.
Mechanical shift lever 4wd and hubs are rock solid reliable.
I'm buying a new Bronco only because you can't get an old one cheaper than a new one.I would be happy as a clam with an original and its lack of worthless doodads..
Damn son. we are on the same page. Manual windows, locks, shift.... I will get thru it. That is what the Bronco is about. If this truck fails? There will be hell to pay
2022 Bronco 2.3 Base manual- no options
Bronco1984, Mountainwiitch

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jan 31, 2021

Damn son. we are on the same page. Manual windows, locks, shift.... I will get thru it. That is what the Bronco is about. If this truck fails? There will be hell to pay
Imagine how inexpensive it would be without all the frills.
I have been leary of electronic hubs since the day they failed on my friends explorer and he was stuck because of it, their failure couild put you in a life or death situation. No one has answered my question about their failure mode if there is a mechanical override etc.
TK1215, Commodore

Rank V

Jan 31, 2021

Old school build are amazing and I love some of the cars that I have driven that had nothing but basic components to operate. But now everything require computer to run and operate these modern vehicles. Hell even the most basic you can get this year has chips and it's one of the reason why cars are no longer under 10k. This is America, we should be able to produce these things with out the need of other country like China for chips. I live right next to Micron plant, sometimes I wonder how are we utilized our country. Guess time will tell how we are going shape our future.
Commodore, 14U

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jan 31, 2021

Old school build are amazing and I love some of the cars that I have driven that had nothing but basic components to operate. But now everything require computer to run and operate these modern vehicles. Hell even the most basic you can get this year has chips and it's one of the reason why cars are no longer under 10k. This is America, we should be able to produce these things with out the need of other country like China for chips. I live right next to Micron plant, sometimes I wonder how are we utilized our country. Guess time will tell how we are going shape our future.
The greenie weenies won't let us mine where we have REE (rare earth elements ) other wise we wouldn't have problems. We also can't buy conflict minerals. So we are at the mercy of the people who brought us covid.
Bronco1984, Commodore

Home, home on the range

Jan 31, 2021

I don't know alot about where REE are found but aren't Volcanic Islands supposed to be a source? And aren't there small Volcanic Islands that are uninhibited that could be mined? I suppose some rare bird nests there so off limits.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
TK1215, Commodore

Life is a Highway

Jan 31, 2021

The greenie weenies won't let us mine where we have REE (rare earth elements ) other wise we wouldn't have problems. We also can't buy conflict minerals. So we are at the mercy of the people who brought us covid.
While I completely agree with all of your statements, watch out for the trolls! They are coming for us all! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:o_O
Bronco1984, Commodore

Rank III

Jan 31, 2021

We have the marketing department and ourselves to blame.
Consumers compare vehicles by list of feature, the longer the list the higher the value.
Simplicity of design is completely lost because marketers have no concept of elegance, only profit.
Munky, Mountainwiitch

Rank VI

Jan 31, 2021

2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021
TK1215, Commodore

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jan 31, 2021

Western states is what I was referring to.
While I completely agree with all of your statements, watch out for the trolls! They are coming for us all! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:o_O
They can't argue with the truth
Commodore, TK1215

Rank IV

Jan 31, 2021

Consumers compare vehicles by list of feature, the longer the list the higher the value.
Simplicity of design is completely lost because marketers have no concept of elegance, only profit.
That’s why I’m holding the line. I promised my dealer over a year ago that if Ford made this Bronco with a removable top and a manual transmission, I’d be first in line to buy one. Despite my disappointment in the lack of a white top and no manual Sasquatch option, I placed my order. It’s obvious Ford doesn’t want to offer a manual. They threw us a bone, but by not offering it with the 2.7 or Sasquatch package few are willing to make that sacrifice. They’ll show us the sales numbers and say “See? We were right. Only 15% of you are willing to row your own gears.”
1Five1 Garage, TK1215

Moab or bust!!!

Jan 31, 2021

That’s why I’m holding the line. I promised my dealer over a year ago that if Ford made this Bronco with a removable top and a manual transmission, I’d be first in line to buy one. Despite my disappointment in the lack of a white top and no manual Sasquatch option, I placed my order. It’s obvious Ford doesn’t want to offer a manual. They threw us a bone, but by not offering it with the 2.7 or Sasquatch package few are willing to make that sacrifice. They’ll show us the sales numbers and say “See? We were right. Only 15% of you are willing to row your own gears.”
Sorry if you already knew this but Ford is offering the manual sasquatch with the 2.3 for MY22.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
TK1215, Commodore

Rank III

Jan 31, 2021

Sorry if you already knew this but Ford is offering the manual sasquatch with the 2.3 for MY22.
I am not waiting for 2022. I want this thing in my driveway like today.
2022 Bronco 2.3 Base manual- no options
1Five1 Garage, TK1215

Rank IV

Jan 31, 2021

I have read that, but not holding my breath.
TK1215, Commodore

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Feb 01, 2021

I don't think they actually use the products they sell ether.

The polls etc are not accurate.
They do stupid things like poll car colors and pick a car that doesn't offer lets say green. They come to the conclusion that people don't want green cars.
The dealers only order autos for stock, they push them and tell customers they don't want a manual. Manuals become extinct, its absolutely disgusting you can't get a manual in a pick up.
TK1215, Commodore

Gladesmen

Feb 01, 2021

I was at a large Ford dealership yesterday they had 3 Mustang GT 350 on the showroom and about 30 Mustangs of all sorts GTs, Bases, and 2.3l HiPos out of all those not one MT. It just made me sad to see that.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Mountainwiitch, TK1215

Rank IV

Feb 01, 2021

I don't think they actually use the products they sell ether.

The polls etc are not accurate.
They do stupid things like poll car colors and pick a car that doesn't offer lets say green. They come to the conclusion that people don't want green cars.
The dealers only order autos for stock, they push them and tell customers they don't want a manual. Manuals become extinct, its absolutely disgusting you can't get a manual in a pick up.
I was at a large Ford dealership yesterday they had 3 Mustang GT 350 on the showroom and about 30 Mustangs of all sorts GTs, Bases, and 2.3l HiPos out of all those not one MT. It just made me sad to see that.
3 GT-350s? That is heartbreaking. I love mine!

Attachments

TK1215, Commodore

Gladesmen

Feb 01, 2021

Just to be clear all those Mustangs but not one manual transmission. If I had the 80k I would buy the orange GT 350 one they had.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
TK1215, Commodore

Home, home on the range

Feb 01, 2021

I was talking to an older friend (he's 76) about manual transmissions and how it's a shame no one learns how to drive with one. He told me he didn't know how. I was shocked. I thought anyone born before 1960 would definitely know. I've taught both my kids (son and daughter). My daughter likes it but my son not so much.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
JFord, TK1215