Why do dealerships nerd 2021 models

Bucktown
Jul 06, 2021

Rank V

Jul 06, 2021

2021 bronco are sold out, not everyone who ordered one is getting one, so why do dealerships need them in their showrooms, these broncos are being are being sold for up to 25k over MSRP, They cant take any orders for 2021 broncos so why have them, most people just think that could be my bronco and Ford gave it to a dealership to screw people with these outrageous prices, I thought a while back they said no dealership would get a bronco before the customer.
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 06, 2021

Moab or bust!!!

Jul 06, 2021

2021 bronco are sold out, not everyone who ordered one is getting one, so why do dealerships need them in their showrooms, these broncos are being are being sold for up to 25k over MSRP, They cant take any orders for 2021 broncos so why have them, most people just think that could be my bronco and Ford gave it to a dealership to screw people with these outrageous prices, I thought a while back they said no dealership would get a bronco before the customer.
Most of the Broncos at dealerships are the demo units which they can not sell for 6 months. I'm sure there will be some that have been ordered and received but the person that reserved has backed out. From the communication from Ford a few weeks ago, there will be some Broncos delivered to dealers, but they should only be soft tops. I wouldn't expect many of these until later this year, but you never know.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
SlashRacer, Rydfree

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Jul 06, 2021

Dealers are hurting right now due to chip shortages and other issues . I don't mind them getting a lower trim Bronco as long as Ford builds mine when the parts are available . As for ADM , I'm ok with a slight markup on a high demand item but it needs to be within reason . They shouldn't markup a vehicle higher than what the next best trim level would be .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Deano Bronc, SlashRacer

Rank V

Jul 06, 2021

Dealers are hurting right now due to chip shortages and other issues . I don't mind them getting a lower trim Bronco as long as Ford builds mine when the parts are available . As for ADM , I'm ok with a slight markup on a high demand item but it needs to be within reason . They shouldn't markup a vehicle higher than what the next best trim level would be .
My dealership has marked 47k 2 door badlands to 72k I could buy a bronco and a maverick for that lol non of us had a demo version of a bronco when we ordered ours, so why do they need a demo for a model that new people ordering wont get.
14U, Deano Bronc

Road trip!!!

Jul 06, 2021

My dealership has marked 47k 2 door badlands to 72k I could buy a bronco and a maverick for that lol non of us had a demo version of a bronco when we ordered ours, so why do they need a demo for a model that new people ordering wont get.
You should be able to test drive that bronco. It would be a shame if your dealership kept it as a show room queen. <<< I don’t believe Ford intended the demos to be show room queens.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Deano Bronc

Rank II

Jul 16, 2021

Demos are pointless since nobody off the streets can buy a bronco after testing out the demo.
2022 Velocity Blue Black Diamond with Steelies

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Jul 16, 2021

Demos are pointless since nobody off the streets can buy a bronco after testing out the demo.
You can order a 4dr Base or Big Bend with softop , 2.3 with no SAS no tow and probably get it in a few weeks.
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."

Rank VI

Jul 16, 2021

The point of demos isn’t for the amount of money a dealer gets in revenue on the day they sell the demo. A demo is to generate future sales. A demo represents what a customer can order, not what they can buy (now). So, we all reserved and ordered vehicles that Ford (dealers) will sell in the future. Ford is providing demos to dealers so they can continue to generate reservations and orders, for future sales.

The demo is a “for sale” sign. It is a billboard. It is a big inflatable gorilla that is set out at the street to draw interest. It is a bunch of colored balloons tied to the streetlight out front to get people to look over and say, “ooooh, I want one of those”. Then people come in and place an “order” for a future sale. It’s a way to guarantee revenue over time, not guarantee a single sale today.

Ford is providing demos now instead of a previously reserved and ordered vehicle so they can capture (more) future sales, in place of a single sale today.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Rydfree

Rank V

Jul 16, 2021

Demos were meant to allow those that ordered the Bronco to look at and drive prior to their order arriving. Hence they have to keep the Demo for at least 6 months before they can sell them. Ford specifically stated that only those individual orders would be built first, meaning there would be no dealer ordered Broncos available for sale until all 150k orders were built and delivered.

However now that there is a lack of supplies in which Ford can not build customer orders in a timely manner, Ford is now stating in order to keep the factory at mass output dealers will be able to order Broncos for dealer inventory with supplies on hand ie. soft top etc.

I have also heard that Ford Dealers will be penalized(less allocation in future years) if they sell customer orders as dealer stock.
Deano Bronc