Why did you choose your model of bronco?

SCBronco1

Rank VI

Champion I

Sep 20, 2021
Myrtle Beach
First Name
Peter
Last Name
VanHeyde
Member #

I wanted the best of both worlds. We (wifey and I) wanted a nice comfortable daily driver with all the bells and whistles. We went with a 2021 Wildtrak with MIC top, LUX, TOW, in Cactus Grey, four door (cause my boys will want to go too). I wanted something that looks good on the road as well as does good off road. We also liked the painted door handles and mirrors, thanks for taking that off FORD on the 22MY Wildtrak, may get ours wrapped?!? Am I going to miss the sway bar disconnect, I hope not. I wanted the winch, however I didn't like that it blocked the front camera and I like the 360 camera system. My wifey sometimes (like all the time) has trouble pulling far enough forward in our F150 with a leveling kit, so she uses the 360 camera to check her position.

So to sum it up, we ordered the WT with the cool stuff because we are at a point in our lives when we can start enjoying what we have and can actually afford what we want!

Last edited:

Marmot

Rank V

Supporter III

Feb 19, 2022
Hudson, OH, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Gemmell
Member #

This is an interesting thread to read. When I first started running through builds and learning the various options, I knew exactly what I wanted and did not want to compromise on those options. My initial thought going into the various models was to get a Black Diamond and option it out how I wanted. I quickly found out I could not get the options I wanted on the Black Diamond (primarily the Lux package/upgraded electronic features). I also wasn't a fan of the blue interior highlights, but those could always be changed. With that, I decided on the Badlands. Having chosen the Eruption Green for the exterior color, I am a huge fan of the "orange on green" scheme.

Reactions: Ditchrunner and 14U

Steve5205

Rank IV

Supporter I

Aug 11, 2021
Connecticut
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Powell
Member #

I wanted a four door manual for sure. When I started looking at the options, I considered what I use a car for. 99% of the time I'm on road. I live in the northeast, so I need something that handles well in snow. Maybe two times a year, I drive on the beach. I figured any Bronco could easily handle my needs. Then I looked at what I liked aesthetically. I thought the gray and black cloth seats on the Big Bend were the most attractive and initially I liked the look of the wheels. In order to keep the manual transmission, I had to stay with 2.3L engine and the standard package. Finally, I had read about what was holding up orders, so I avoided the hard top. In the end I picked an antimatter blue Big Bend four-door manual with auxiliary switches, floor matts and a tow package.

I got it last October and I love it. About a week after I got it I went to the off roadeo in New Hampshire. Had I done that first, I would have probably opted for a Black Diamond or Badlands for the fun off road bells and whistles. But realistically, I'm 63 and I'll probably never drive that far off road again. And frankly, if I do, I suspect my Big Bend will handle it. I have self-squatched my Bronco with second had Sasquatch rims, 35" Toyo AT III tires, a Zone 2" lift, a Rough Country tail light extender, 4 Wheel Parts tapered crash bars and GoRhino RB20 slim running boards. I also found some signature headlights on eBay and switched those in.

I love my Big Bend!

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 2.59.42 PM.png

washope

Rank II

Supporter I

Oct 22, 2021
Denver
First Name
Walter
Last Name
Shope
Love this thread. I started off with a Big Bend with the idea that I'd do all aftermarket upgrades as they came out. I really didn't want to spend more than 40k, and a 4-door hard top Big Bend came in at like $42k. After getting pushed back to a MY22, I decided that I'd just go all in and go Badlands, which had all of the upgrades I wanted (well, most of them) at a price for LESS than I was going to spend on aftermarket parts, plus I could put them under factory warranty and under the same loan. PLUS I could get the cool sway bar disconnect and a front locker. After tax it came in at like $56k, which is WAY more than I was hoping to spend, but this is literally my dream car, so eff it.
0A0DF8C3-E6F8-4E87-9B0A-2CA30B400D60.jpg

BWepps

Rank II

Advocate III

Apr 6, 2022
Huntley, IL, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Weppner
Love this thread. I started off with a Big Bend with the idea that I'd do all aftermarket upgrades as they came out. I really didn't want to spend more than 40k, and a 4-door hard top Big Bend came in at like $42k. After getting pushed back to a MY22, I decided that I'd just go all in and go Badlands, which had all of the upgrades I wanted (well, most of them) at a price for LESS than I was going to spend on aftermarket parts, plus I could put them under factory warranty and under the same loan. PLUS I could get the cool sway bar disconnect and a front locker. After tax it came in at like $56k, which is WAY more than I was hoping to spend, but this is literally my dream car, so eff it.
View attachment 37446
^^ Beauty!

Bike007b

Rank VI

Don't delete

Feb 12, 2021
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Hauritz
Member #

View attachment 37446
^^ Beauty!
That is basically my story. I started with Black Diamond and then to Wildtrak, ending with Badlands.

• Love
Reactions: 14U and washope

washope

Rank II

Supporter I

Oct 22, 2021
Denver
First Name
Walter
Last Name
Shope
That is basically my story. I started with Black Diamond and then to Wildtrak, ending with Badlands.
For what I want to do, non-squatch Badlands is by far the best choice. Black Diamond would probably have been fine, but I really hate the blue accents in the interior (which is silly but hey I don't like what I don't like) and really wanted a front locker. I'm very glad I just went all in and got exactly what I wanted.

JoergH

Rank VI

Champion II

Apr 21, 2021
Saugus, Santa Clarita, CA, USA
First Name
Joerg
Last Name
Hallbauer
Member #

My story is similar, but the other way around. I started out wanting the First Edition, but because of the website issues on the first day of reservations I wasn't able to get one. So I settled for the next trim level down, the WildTrak. I then discovered that the WT didn't come with the front sway bar disconnect, AND that it wasn't even an option I could add. Since I had decided that I wanted to get back into some mild-medium off-roading, I wanted that feature. So I switched to the Badlands, and loaded it up with pretty much all the options. At this point in my life I could afford it, so that's the direction I went. Then, after hearing about all of the constraints around the MIC top, I decided I'd go ahead and switch to the soft top. Almost one year to the day that my day two reservation was switched to an order (1/18/2021) I got my Bronco (1/28/2022). I loved it at first sight, and haven't looked back since.

BTW, I've been slowly working my way back to running off-road trails, with the next step being some "medium" difficult trails that I'm going to be going on at Big Bear Bronco Bash this weekend. Can't wait to see how the BadSquatch handles it.
IMG_0652.jpeg

Last edited:

14U

Rank VI

Don't delete

Mar 3, 2021
Tulsa, OK, USA
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Cook
Member #

V. I. R. T. U. A. L
“ Car Show & Swap Meet “
One Day Only SATURDAY June 11, 2022.
Meet at the Bronco Nation
“Email Libations thread.”
Tour the Cars, Trucks & Motorcycles.
Of all Eras.
Plenty of Parking for everyone!
Push it, Pull it ,Trailer it or Drive it.

The Itinerary

Morning-
Tour the posted pics of all our friends and family.

Afternoon-
Enjoying the PICnic lunch with others at the gathering.

Evening-
Experience the Sunsets and Drive around views from all over the Nation.

Swap Meet Rules ,
Post your Pic info and Price.
Price Haggling or (comments) “good or bad”are to be made via “Private Chat Only !”

ABSOLUTELY
NO DRINKING & DRIVING ALLOWED !
We will have the local sheriffs department on hand.

Reactions: PSUTE

ressig1

Rank V

Don't delete

Oct 25, 2020
Cliffside Park, NJ 07010
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Essig
Member #

I spec'd my Bronco out to be "The Gentleman's Bronco". I'm pushing 60. I want a cool, capable off road vehicle that's super comfortable to drive.
I think I succeeded. It's beyond my expectations.
CO OBX 2dr. 2.7L, 4.27 rear locker, tow, Lux, Aux switches, roof rails, Roast Leather.

20220529_155341.jpg

mike8675309

Rank V

Promoter III

Nov 24, 2021
Minnesota
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harms
I wanted a manual 2door with sasquatch but when it was only available with an automatic, I just didn't consider it anymore. Then in November of 2021, I happened to hear that 2022 was letting the sasquatch be available with the manual. Then I noticed you could get it with the base and I was sold. This was going to be my vehicle and I don't need all the fancy stuff. Heated seats I could add for way less than Ford required for the package to get it. I can put whatever cover I want on the steering wheel.
I'm very happy with my choice.

• Love
Reactions: Deano Bronc and 14U

Darrel

Rank VI

Champion II

Sep 14, 2021
New Mexico
First Name
LAURI
Last Name
RECTOR
Member #

I must be the only person in the world who ordered a base!
2dr 2.3L 7 speed. Carbonized gray. Keeping it simple and cost down. I’m thinking there will be a ton of aftermarket stuff available and I’m fine with swapping parts if I see something I like. Don’t eat me alive.
Lot's of Bases out there! Hope you got the AUX switches on it.

Darrel

Rank VI

Champion II

Sep 14, 2021
New Mexico
First Name
LAURI
Last Name
RECTOR
Member #

I like to go off-roading, my husband git me into it. I just loved my 12 JKUR and being able to go on harder trails with the lockers & sway bar disconnect, but, it had oil pump issues-constantly putting it in limp mode. So, when we heard about the Bronco, I knew I wanted one. I'd wait and get one used. Then we started seeing the sports and I went no, would need a lot of mods. Then I was perusing the website of my Ford dealer and they had a full size. We were already thinking we should order and get in line. I went to look at it. The Cactus Gray was amazing! I was in love. Went in and ordered the next week 9/11/21. Delivered 1//8/22.
21 Badlands SAS
4dr soft top
Mid
My husband said BL trim would get me what I wanted. But, I wish I would have played with the B&P, but, I want sway bar disconnect.

• Love
Reactions: 14U and Deano Bronc

14U

Rank VI

Don't delete

Mar 3, 2021
Tulsa, OK, USA
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Cook
Member #

Virtual Car Show Today.
“One Day Only “
There are some fantastic people & Pics showing up.

Check it out .

“Officially Unofficial Build Email Libations”.
Thread.

Fast forward to newest content.
Let’s see your
“Pride & Joy !”

CVSaporito

Rank IV

Advocate III

Sep 13, 2020
Freehold, NJ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Saporito
Member #

I chose a loaded Wildtrak for a ride with more comfort than my '66. Fast forward about 20 months and an offer from Ford to switch to a Bronco Raptor and here I sit waiting on a build date hoping it happens this year. I vaguely remember Ford alluding to this happening sooner than the Wildtrak, we shall see....

Colegolla

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Dec 5, 2021
Columbiana, ohio
First Name
Nicole
Last Name
Golladay
Member #

I only wanted a 2door.
I love the scout II, I think the new bronco is very reminiscent of the scout II.
I knew I wanted an automatic, Lux and marine grade vinyl. In Ohio it can be all the seasons in 1 day, so I was intrigued by the MGV. So I got the badlands.
I am biased, but I think it looks better than the other ones I’ve seen.
very happy with the 2.7L
But I haven’t driven any others

• Love
Reactions: Darrel and 14U

Bob Blaylock

Rank III

Supporter I

Feb 20, 2022
N 38 29 W 121 26
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Blaylock
I wanted the washout interior, which cuts my choices down to the Black Diamond or the Badlands.

And I absolutely wanted some of the features only available in the High or Lux packages, and to a lesser degree, some of the Lux Package features.

Since the Black Diamond is only available with up to the Mid package, that rules that one out for me, leaving only the Badlands.

Here's what I have on order.

I ordered it last October. At the time, my dealer estimated that I might have it around June. It's now June, so perhaps I ought to email my dealer, some time soon, and ask him if he has any updated estimate.

• Love
Reactions: 14U and washope