This just came in today....

Shacky4
Oct 20, 2021

Rank III

Oct 20, 2021

My dealer promised to sell me this mannequin model when it arrived. It showed up today. It's got some options I hadn't ordered and is missing a few I want, but all in all, it's a nice vehicle and I'll take it. When it was unloaded from the truck today, I was alerted by my salesman and went right up to check it out. He mentioned that there were a few accessories ordered with it that needed to be installed. Come to find out, these are separate items from the window sticker and things I don't want. There is a Bestop bimini top. I would be ok with that, but I'm pretty sure it's just mesh and I would never use it. A console safe....ok, I can live with it even though it's pretty pricey and I don't really want it. Some sort of roof-top luggage carrier. Again, I would never use it. Finally, some off road recovery ramps. Ummmmm, no. I really don't want those. So, my sales guy will talk to his boss tomorrow morning and see what the deal is. Even if I take the safe, this is over $1,000 in accessories I really don't want or would use.

I guess I'm just venting here!

Attachments

Deano Bronc, lintcl14
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2021

Rank V

Oct 20, 2021

What kind of price or ADM? Dealer just called me with a First Edition that "Became Available".
Past - 87 Suz Sam; 76 ChevBlaz14 Rubi 2 Dr -35's First Auto 4wd. Ox Wht 2dr Base SAS, bumper, Flr-lin, 2.7 aux switches.

Rank III

Oct 20, 2021

What kind of price or ADM? Dealer just called me with a First Edition that "Became Available".
I live in a small town. Dealer will sell sticker price. I have a long term unfilled order with them for a unit. Markup over sticker is frowned upon in small town America IMO. But, he may say I have to take the extra accessories. That would suck. I would literally sell them. I don't want them.
Bschurr

Rank V

Oct 20, 2021

You will have to pay for the extra accessories, but you may be able to influence which accessories the dealer puts on the vehicle. The mannequin deal from Ford is dealer can't sell until 6 months AND $X worth of accessories have been installed. They can't sell it to you without that $ amount of stuff bolted to it, but no requirement which stuff it takes to add up to that amount.
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
NurseDan, Bschurr

Rank III

Oct 21, 2021

I could add a few things. i don't mind the $ but just want things i can appreciate. If i take it with these accessories, do you think i could sell them for a decent price on a Bronco site?

Rank V

Oct 21, 2021

Just like "mannequins " in dept. stores showing available clothing, these Bronco mannequins are there to showcase Ford's accessories. I too, chose a mannequin with the required accessories. Ford spec'd these Broncos and their accessories. Dealers had no idea what they were getting until it arrived. If this is their "2nd round" mannequin you will get to take it home for keeps now since you’re an order holder. My mannequin was "1st round" so it’s January 10 for me.! They are allowing me "conjugal" visits tho.!!
F ederal O wnership R espectfully D eclined
Pegasus65, KennyMac

Rank III

Oct 21, 2021

I get it. I guess I’ll have a few accessories for sale.

Rank V

Oct 21, 2021

My dealer promised to sell me this mannequin model when it arrived. It showed up today. It's got some options I hadn't ordered and is missing a few I want, but all in all, it's a nice vehicle and I'll take it. When it was unloaded from the truck today, I was alerted by my salesman and went right up to check it out. He mentioned that there were a few accessories ordered with it that needed to be installed. Come to find out, these are separate items from the window sticker and things I don't want. There is a Bestop bimini top. I would be ok with that, but I'm pretty sure it's just mesh and I would never use it. A console safe....ok, I can live with it even though it's pretty pricey and I don't really want it. Some sort of roof-top luggage carrier. Again, I would never use it. Finally, some off road recovery ramps. Ummmmm, no. I really don't want those. So, my sales guy will talk to his boss tomorrow morning and see what the deal is. Even if I take the safe, this is over $1,000 in accessories I really don't want or would use.

I guess I'm just venting here!
That's a good looking Bronco! As expensive and hard to find as accessories are to find for our new babies, I would imagine you can find someone to buy what you don't want to keep!

Rank VI

Oct 21, 2021

Im thinking about getting the console safe. I put one in my f250 and love it. Would like one since i had to downgrade to the soft top.
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021

Rank III

Oct 26, 2021

I have one for sale. :)

Im thinking about getting the console safe. I put one in my f250 and love it. Would like one since i had to downgrade to the soft top.