Who reserved early and is still waiting?

ChadN
Apr 06, 2022

Rank II

Apr 06, 2022

August 12th, 2020 sure was a long time ago! I never would have imagined that over a year and a half later, I would still be waiting. The reality is I likely will not have my Bronco within 2 years of making my reservation. The silence & lack of updates from Ford & my dealer really are horrific and a true blow to the consumer.
I've called FoMoCo , the owner of my dealership, the GM, my salesperson, and they are all clueless about any kind of timeframe on my build. All I hear over and over is, "Sorry".

This process has truly ruined the excitement of purchasing a new vehicle, and on top of it, up until the MY '22 order date close, it's been a kick to the balls to see people walking into dealerships and ordering Broncos and taking delivery. Thanks & F.Y. Ford!

Now the reality sets in that MY '22 will end in October and is it better to just extend the wait for a MY '23?

Any one else as bummed as I am with this debacle?

Rant over.
Baltoro, KingSquatch612
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 06, 2022

Rank III

Apr 06, 2022

August 12th, 2020 sure was a long time ago! I never would have imagined that over a year and a half later, I would still be waiting. The reality is I likely will not have my Bronco within 2 years of making my reservation. The silence & lack of updates from Ford & my dealer really are horrific and a true blow to the consumer.
I've called FoMoCo , the owner of my dealership, the GM, my salesperson, and they are all clueless about any kind of timeframe on my build. All I hear over and over is, "Sorry".

This process has truly ruined the excitement of purchasing a new vehicle, and on top of it, up until the MY '22 order date close, it's been a kick to the balls to see people walking into dealerships and ordering Broncos and taking delivery. Thanks & F.Y. Ford!

Now the reality sets in that MY '22 will end in October and is it better to just extend the wait for a MY '23?

Rant over.
There's an earlier thread on here- this one. https://thebronconation.com/forums/posts/165327/ ....A lot of us earlier July 2020 order holders are still waiting with ZERO comms from Ford. It sucks and yes, I totally agree with the frustration of giddy new Bronco owners who seemingly just placed orders at the dealer and are receiving speedy comms, build dates, and deliveries of their new rides. It's a giant WTF?! I saw a thread yesterday where someone called FMC and got a VIN on the call that he wasn't able to get / notified of thru his dealer. So I did the same- called FMC and after about 3 transfers to the correct person in "Ford Marketing" - was notified that my order is still in the "waiting to update" mode. The call didn't make me feel any better. It only pissed me off more. Mainly because Ford hasn't given any of us any indication of what batch of orders they'll build, what specifics designates a delay, just no information whatsoever. Meanwhile, I'm looking at Jeeps everyday. I'm an long time Jeep owner, and the more I wait, the better these look. Ford really screwed this roll out IMO. And they keep adding gas to the fire with all of the new model Bronco roll outs.
KingSquatch612, Gunninja1

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Apr 06, 2022

see my sig
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
ChadN, Jboohound

Rank III

Apr 06, 2022

see my sig
We're practically identical. I'm in NorCal too btw.
Calgecko

Rank V

Apr 06, 2022

August 12th isn't early in the 21'/22' bronco game :) There's no telling how many 7/13-7/20 folks out there who still haven't been scheduled, and just because we get scheduled doesn't mean it won't get pushed back for weeks and weeks like thousands have been already.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
PSUTE, Rydfree

Rank VI

Apr 06, 2022

Rant over.
I feel the same as you. August 10th 2020. Nothing but crickets from my dealership. It’s funny that some people think Fords gives a Shit.
ChadN

Rank I

Apr 06, 2022

I know this is probably an obvious statement but have you all verified that your order isn't sitting with a Priority code of 99 ?
I've seen posts of folks still waiting to be scheduled and then finding out that the dealer never updated the order to a state where it can be picked up and scheduled by Ford. Maybe ask your dealer for a recent order summary so that you can verify Priority Code is at 19?
2022 Bronco 2 Door | Race Red | Black Diamond | 2.3L | Auto | Mid package
TK1215

Rank V

Apr 06, 2022

I almost feel bad about being frustrated about my May '21 order not being here yet, knowing there are folks like y'all who have been waiting since 2020. I'm floored. I simply cannot understand why Ford does not simply prioritize RESERVATION and early order holders over ANYTHING else at this point. And that includes using chips to include promised features.

STOP introducing new models/trims (Raptor, Everglades, etc.), STOP introducing more EVs, STOP building for new order holders and dealers. Simply start at the bottom and work up.

This is the first, and will likely be the last and only vehicle I'll ever pre-order. Never again!
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22
Bronco 202?

Gladesmen

Apr 06, 2022

You are not alone. details in my sig below.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Rank V

Apr 06, 2022

7/14/20, now I'm waiting on a Raptor with a build week or day or something. Hopefully, it will be a '22 but who knows............

Rank II

Apr 07, 2022

I know this is probably an obvious statement but have you all verified that your order isn't sitting with a Priority code of 99 ?
I've seen posts of folks still waiting to be scheduled and then finding out that the dealer never updated the order to a state where it can be picked up and scheduled by Ford. Maybe ask your dealer for a recent order summary so that you can verify Priority Code is at 19?
From my latest conversation with the GM - "We've given your 2 door the highest priority to get built, it's all on Ford's end"

Rank II

Apr 07, 2022

After a chat session with Ford support and then calling Ford marketing - still no word on a timeframe for the build. HOWEVER, I was told this little tid bit - "Reservation holders who converted from MY '21 - MY '22 have basically all been sitting in limbo for some unknown reason. Ford began to pull these reservation holders to production dates, just the other day" Disappointed, to say the very least, that 6 months have gone by with all these conversion orders being on hold. The Ford employee did say, she thought by the end of the month, I should have a production date. Some hope there but my gut says, doubtful.
Gunninja1, Jboohound

Gladesmen

Apr 07, 2022

After a chat session with Ford support and then calling Ford marketing - still no word on a timeframe for the build. HOWEVER, I was told this little tid bit - "Reservation holders who converted from MY '21 - MY '22 have basically all been sitting in limbo for some unknown reason. Ford began to pull these reservation holders to production dates, just the other day" Disappointed, to say the very least, that 6 months have gone by with all these conversion orders being on hold. The Ford employee did say, she thought by the end of the month, I should have a production date. Some hope there but my gut says, doubtful.
Hmm I wonder how much truth there is to that. I am a MY21 to MY22 Convert and I have not heard a Peep. My brother is also and he is only doing a 4-d BaseSquatch and he has heard nothing. there's at least 2.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Jboohound

Rank 0

Apr 07, 2022

Your situation sucks...my suggestion is if you have to have the one you spec'd out, hold firm. BUT, if you can make some concessions, have a look around in the wild. I put my reservation in in Oct 20, with my local dealership who initially said they were honoring MSRP on orders, then when I tried to convert the order, they tried to markup. I cancelled order and put a new one in at Town&Country (AL). What I didnt know at the time was that 776 people already placed their Bronco order ahead of me. So I quickly became keenly aware that the chances I was going to get a Bronco before 2024-2025 was going to be highly unlikely, so I cancelled the order and started to look around in the wild. Long story short is that I found a mannequin Bronco a dealership in PA put on the market (2-Dr Antimatter Blue OBX) and picked it up on April 1st (No April Fools Here!). I didnt get the modular front bumper or the Sasquatch pkg, BUT I got the color, model, technology pkg (High), Aux switches, 2.7L engine, and roof rails I wanted. I did have to pay a $5k ADM which sucks, but my patience ran out and I could stomach the ADM. I also wanted to get one before the interest rates go up, which could potentially cost me the $5k or more in ADM that I had to pay now and it has full functionality (no chip concessions). I love my OBX Bronco.

If you are looking for an 2.7L OBX (Velocity Blue) there is a dealership that had one for $5k ADM over MSRP in Titusville PA. My research indicates that 90% of the dealerships that have Bronco's have a $10k+ ADM on the ones they have.

If the want exceeds patience, pay the ADM and don't look back, otherwise continue the wait.

Rank II

Apr 11, 2022

Your situation sucks...my suggestion is if you have to have the one you spec'd out, hold firm. BUT, if you can make some concessions, have a look around in the wild. I put my reservation in in Oct 20, with my local dealership who initially said they were honoring MSRP on orders, then when I tried to convert the order, they tried to markup. I cancelled order and put a new one in at Town&Country (AL). What I didnt know at the time was that 776 people already placed their Bronco order ahead of me. So I quickly became keenly aware that the chances I was going to get a Bronco before 2024-2025 was going to be highly unlikely, so I cancelled the order and started to look around in the wild. Long story short is that I found a mannequin Bronco a dealership in PA put on the market (2-Dr Antimatter Blue OBX) and picked it up on April 1st (No April Fools Here!). I didnt get the modular front bumper or the Sasquatch pkg, BUT I got the color, model, technology pkg (High), Aux switches, 2.7L engine, and roof rails I wanted. I did have to pay a $5k ADM which sucks, but my patience ran out and I could stomach the ADM. I also wanted to get one before the interest rates go up, which could potentially cost me the $5k or more in ADM that I had to pay now and it has full functionality (no chip concessions). I love my OBX Bronco.

If you are looking for an 2.7L OBX (Velocity Blue) there is a dealership that had one for $5k ADM over MSRP in Titusville PA. My research indicates that 90% of the dealerships that have Bronco's have a $10k+ ADM on the ones they have.

If the want exceeds patience, pay the ADM and don't look back, otherwise continue the wait.

You should have just kept your orginal order and changed to a dealer that had allotment for you.
And no, I"m not going to find one in the wild. If I've waited this long, I'll continue to wait to get exactly what I want, at the exact price that was originally agreed upon. Got my certificate # and my day will come. Just sucks.. still seeing people with new orders getting built and delivered. Ford sucks for this part of the process. Hopefully the vehicle doesn't disappoint.
Jboohound