Who is upgrading what?

Padams7
Oct 05, 2021

Rank VI

Oct 05, 2021

So I’m pretty excited, my build week is this week (moved up from next week).

I have plenty of “overlanding” or camping equipment. I have recovery and tire repair gear, tools. I’m looking now to add some things to my Bronco since I’m getting closer to a delivery date.

I’m thinking of adding the following:
Oil Catch Can
Larger Intercooler

I’m not looking for a “fast” performance machine, but I want one that will last a couple hundred thousand miles or more without any major issues.

What other items do you think would be good to look into to improve upon stock?
Speed Devil
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 05, 2021

Wank ER

Oct 08, 2021

What are your thoughts on the oil catch can. I've seen some for $250+ and some for $34. I've never seen them until now. Necessary?
Also, what will adding those do to the warranty? I've read plenty of people that say both are needed. I wonder why Ford doesn't include them as stock if they are relatively cheap and easy to install.

I like these graphics to set your rig apart.

https://shop.maxliderbros.com/collections/2021-ford-bronco-exterior-accessories
2021 FE Cactus Grey

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Oct 08, 2021

Intercooler/charge pipes
Oil catch can
Breather Valve Cap
BOV or DV
High Flow Cat(Downpipe)
CAI
Tune
Stainless Steel Brake Lines

what else? All bolt ons essentially, fogs for my badlands, pods

My motto is never stock

*Not doing Catback unless I can avoid Drone. I love tuners, but I dont wanna hear my exhaust droning at cruising speeds with the HFC added
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
Bschurr

Rank VI

Oct 08, 2021

What are your thoughts on the oil catch can. I've seen some for $250+ and some for $34. I've never seen them until now. Necessary?
Also, what will adding those do to the warranty? I've read plenty of people that say both are needed. I wonder why Ford doesn't include them as stock if they are relatively cheap and easy to install.

I saw a report from the first oil change being sent out as a sample, and there was a lot of fuel in the oil. Sure rings aren’t seated, but I also know I want to catch that gunk.