Who else wants to see a Bronco truly tested to it's limits?

KennyMac
Apr 26, 2021

Rank V

Apr 26, 2021

We've all seen tons of videos of the Broncos being trail tested, beat on, flexed out, desert run, etc. But one thing has continued to disappoint me. I want to see one pushed to it's breaking point. Let's face it: the test drivers are driving a vehicle they didn't pay for that, as a preproduction model can't be sold and is destined for the crusher anyway, but nobody is really hammering on it. I mean, I've seen it wheeled harder than I will, at least till it's paid off, but they seem to be scared to hurt it, quick to back off the throttle and go easy on the bumpers. I'm ready to see someone drive it like they stole it. Ever watch the bouncers in the SRRS? If not, check out some Busted Knuckle Films. I want to see Tim Cameron take a Bronco up RBD at Morris Mountain in Delta, AL and then hit the creek jump. Then cruise up the road to Chocolocco Mountain and ride Hell's Revenge and hit Showtime. If I had a Bronco for a day and "anything goes," that's what I would hit, just to see if it could do it.

I know, you out west wheeling folks might be hating on me right now, but I have been impressed with the Bronco trail vids out there, I just think they're over-spotted and under throttled for some serious adrenaline runs I think this vehicle is capable of. If these pre-pro models are destined for the crusher anyway, please Ford, can we see what one will really do? I promise, the vid will go viral!

I mean, who hasn't seen that raptor jumping the snow bank?
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
Speed Devil, Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2021

Life is a Highway

Apr 26, 2021

Absolutely want to see it. Push it beyond the limits and see what breaks. Take it to the limit....
Speed Devil, Deano Bronc

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Apr 26, 2021

Yep , best marketing ever . Show what breaks on it . I don't think Ford is going to allow that but when you get yours feel free ,LOL .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
kulu, SlashRacer

Rank VI

Apr 26, 2021

It is true we have seen a lot of the western trail rides. All good! However, most owners will be driving to the supermarket each week. I want to see what a runaway shopping cart does to the side of a Bronco. That is reality for many owners. ;)
Chief1301, Rgwinn

Rank V

Apr 26, 2021

Yep , best marketing ever . Show what breaks on it . I don't think Ford is going to allow that but when you get yours feel free ,LOL .
Just wondering if the youtube royalties will be enough to buy another Bronco....
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
SlashRacer, Deano Bronc

Life is a Highway

Apr 26, 2021

SlashRacer, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Apr 26, 2021

Agreed, would be cool to see and know what was corrected to eliminate the weak point. I can say this, they had test engineers and off road race drivers beat on these things pretty dang hard during development and they broke parts for sure. I was able to score a ride this weekend during Super Cel and the driver was talking about being part of the testing which their job was to see what they could break. He was also not going easy on the Bronc during my ride and probably hit 50 mph on the trails we were running...let's say I was not disappointed!
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Chief1301, Jakob1972

Life is a Highway

Apr 26, 2021

Driving preproduction to the point of breaking! Sweet! Break and walk away, the original crash test dummies
Jakob1972, SlashRacer

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Apr 26, 2021

It is true we have seen a lot of the western trail rides. All good! However, most owners will be driving to the supermarket each week. I want to see what a runaway shopping cart does to the side of a Bronco. That is reality for many owners. ;)
Time for a narrow New England rocky muddy steep trail. Hot dry tires will stick to clean stone, add some water and mud its a different story.

Ya wanna see what a Bronco does to a shopping cart after it hits my Bronco.
Jakob1972, SlashRacer

Rank VI

Apr 27, 2021

We've all seen tons of videos of the Broncos being trail tested, beat on, flexed out, desert run, etc. But one thing has continued to disappoint me. I want to see one pushed to it's breaking point. Let's face it: the test drivers are driving a vehicle they didn't pay for that, as a preproduction model can't be sold and is destined for the crusher anyway, but nobody is really hammering on it. I mean, I've seen it wheeled harder than I will, at least till it's paid off, but they seem to be scared to hurt it, quick to back off the throttle and go easy on the bumpers. I'm ready to see someone drive it like they stole it. Ever watch the bouncers in the SRRS? If not, check out some Busted Knuckle Films. I want to see Tim Cameron take a Bronco up RBD at Morris Mountain in Delta, AL and then hit the creek jump. Then cruise up the road to Chocolocco Mountain and ride Hell's Revenge and hit Showtime. If I had a Bronco for a day and "anything goes," that's what I would hit, just to see if it could do it.

I know, you out west wheeling folks might be hating on me right now, but I have been impressed with the Bronco trail vids out there, I just think they're over-spotted and under throttled for some serious adrenaline runs I think this vehicle is capable of. If these pre-pro models are destined for the crusher anyway, please Ford, can we see what one will really do? I promise, the vid will go viral!

I mean, who hasn't seen that raptor jumping the snow bank?
I want to see what happens when you hit a curb at 50 in it. For science. :sneaky:
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
Jakob1972, KennyMac

Life is a Highway

Apr 27, 2021

KennyMac

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Apr 27, 2021

This dude probably has a Bronco VIN by now . He's already jumped a Raptor and the TRX ,LOL .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
SlashRacer, KennyMac

Life is a Highway

Apr 27, 2021

This dude probably has a Bronco VIN by now . He's already jumped a Raptor and the TRX ,LOL .
Wow!
SlashRacer

Rank V

Apr 27, 2021

Even hard core crawling guys aren't going to abuse their ride, whether it's a 2021 bronco or a 1971 bronco built as a crawler. They'll use it, but not abuse it, just like any tool. The only "breakage" curiosity I have is how will the 37" tires plus CV axles and a heavy foot crawling hold out? I'm curious to see how the CV hold up.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
Bronc96, TK1215

Rank VI

Apr 27, 2021

I’d have to say my ride along in Moab, specifically through the washes, was beating pretty hard on it. Those boulders, braking/acceleration bumps are no joke at speed.
Bronc96, TK1215

Rank VI

Apr 27, 2021

Even hard core crawling guys aren't going to abuse their ride, whether it's a 2021 bronco or a 1971 bronco built as a crawler. They'll use it, but not abuse it, just like any tool. The only "breakage" curiosity I have is how will the 37" tires plus CV axles and a heavy foot crawling hold out? I'm curious to see how the CV hold up.
I'd like to see what needs to be done to add 37's on top of a sasquatch. Lift? New arms? Spacers? Not much has been said other than its doable as 4wp has showed it off but haven't really detailed its full parts yet.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
TK1215, diggs

Rank 0

Apr 27, 2021

I'd like to see what needs to be done to add 37's on top of a sasquatch. Lift? New arms? Spacers? Not much has been said other than its doable as 4wp has showed it off but haven't really detailed its full parts yet.
I saw a pro driver giving a ride along who stated..
From a SAS set up you can go 2" taller and 2" wider on tiers with 2" leveling lift kit
Bronc96, TK1215

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Apr 27, 2021

So basically Necro's version of "Push it to the limits" instead of Paul Engemann

Yeah, all for that. If Ford did a Pay-per-view streaming of it, I'd chip in
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
TK1215, KennyMac

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Apr 27, 2021

I saw a pro driver giving a ride along who stated..
From a SAS set up you can go 2" taller and 2" wider on tiers with 2" leveling lift kit
Did he pronounce it as "tires" or "tars"

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Apr 27, 2021

I think he watched the pukes of hazard one to many times.