Which BS and why?

Ryneal21
Mar 03, 2021

Rank III

Mar 03, 2021

Hey everyone,

I'm curious to know which BS edition you picked and why?

I went with the badlands edition for the upgraded suspension and the bigger engine/turbo and the 1in facorty lift.
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 03, 2021

Rank V

Mar 03, 2021

Hey everyone,

I'm curious to know which BS edition you picked and why?

I went with the badlands edition for the upgraded suspension and the bigger engine/turbo and the 1in facorty lift.
Great post!
Yep also got Bandlands 'RADlands'
Engine
Suspension
+1"

Also really like the options of
Just hit the 4x4 button.
+ locking rear diff with button.
AND TOW HOOKS !

Screenshot_2021-01-24-14-42-58-1.png
benjaminkrawiec, WyoBronc

Rank V

Mar 03, 2021

Add this
Appreciate Ford offering upgraded suspension pkg.
With more 4x4 goodies...
Without having to upgrade
(or pay for upgraded) interior!
Like cloth seats!
Black&Blue, Ryneal21

Rank III

Mar 03, 2021

Add this
Appreciate Ford offering upgraded suspension pkg.
With more 4x4 goodies...
Without having to upgrade
(or pay for upgraded) interior!
Like cloth seats!

I have to agree with absolutely all of this! I love that it is all upgraded without having to do that as well!
TrailReady, Black&Blue

Rank 0

Mar 06, 2021

Went with the OBX. Like getting to the good hiking, biking, climbing and kayaking spots without trouble. Adding the roof rack and tow package to accommodate all our gear toting needs. Also getting a roof rack awning for quick camping! But also like the level of comfort the OBX options give, as we like to drive to FL and TN from PA. Overall a lot of boxes checked!
BertBronco, TrailReady

Libations MOD

Mar 06, 2021

Also getting a roof rack awning for quick camping! But also like the level of comfort the OBX options give, as we like to drive to FL and TN from PA. Overall a lot of boxes checked!
Been tossing around the roof awning as well, just curious how hard it would be to put on and take off to not have it on full-time
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending

Rank 0

Mar 06, 2021

Been tossing around the roof awning as well, just curious how hard it would be to put on and take off to not have it on full-time
We're still exploring that, and may end up fabricating our own. Been looking hard at the Smittybuilt brand, too.
Black&Blue, ResidualGenius

Rank V

Mar 07, 2021

We're still exploring that, and may end up fabricating our own. Been looking hard at the Smittybuilt brand, too.

Fabricated my own.
Fairly easy with tarp.
Can purchase extending poles lots of resources.

I found having a lightweight umbrella useful as well.
Can get 8' diameter with uv protection inexpensive.
If you want to raise it higher add pvc pipe extention on bottom.

The canopy off the side is great if going to stay in place longer time like overnite camping.

Umbrella great for lunch break!
Envirojunkie, ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Mar 07, 2021

You all know this discussion was to be for the bronco sport and not the big bronco....
My choice would be the badlands for the offroad capabilities but would need the badlands interior package to get the same amenities as the outer banks. If not going "off road" then the outer banks in alto blue would be my wifes choice for power seats and interior amenities.
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021
TrailReady

Rank V

Mar 07, 2021

Went with the Badlands Sport for the wife and the Badlands 2dr big Bronco for myself. The Badlands sport for the 2.0 engine, tires and lift.
benjaminkrawiec, TrailReady

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Mar 07, 2021

You all know this discussion was to be for the bronco sport and not the big bronco....
Haha, I was deleting the non Bronco Sport posts as you were typing this.
I would also pick BS Badlands. Badlands and FE are the only Bronco Sports that come with a ticket to the Off-Roadeo.
TrailReady

Rank VI

Mar 07, 2021

Haha, I was deleting the non Bronco Sport posts as you were typing this.
I would also pick BS Badlands. Badlands and FE are the only Bronco Sports that come with a ticket to the Off-Roadeo.
Good point. But with my full size badlands we get that anyway i think. My wife only thinks of herself....(dont tell her I said that)...:oops::oops::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021
benjaminkrawiec, Ryneal21

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Mar 07, 2021

You mean mid-size, right? Full size and big Broncos were made from 78 to 96.
https://community.thebronconation.com/forums/threads/bronco-disambiguation.3450/
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Mar 07, 2021

We went with the OBX; have had it since Jan 6th and love it! It meets of all of our requirements for a DD that will also easily get us to a launch/trailhead for kayaking, hiking and biking in the local area. To help with this we added the towing package and roof rails. Having the 1.5L, I towed a small U-Haul trailer a few weeks ago without any issues at all. We have had over a 100" of snow since early January where we live in the Allegheny Mountains; our OBX in the Slippery GOAT Mode has been completely surefooted through every inch of it, even without the advanced 4x4 system the BL and FE have. The electronics and other creature comforts included in the OBX are impressive as well, pretty much has it all except for the 180deg camera. That said, it will not be our vehicle for future longer road trips, it's just not big enough for four with gear and the dogs...that is where our Bronco OBX on order comes into the picture!
FE: 4 Dr, A51, NP
BRaptor: HPR; Original GT Res - 7/14/20
Bronclahoma, Ryneal21

Rank V

Mar 07, 2021

We went with the OBX; have had it since Jan 6th and love it! It meets of all of our requirements for a DD that will also easily get us to a launch/trailhead for kayaking, hiking and biking in the local area. To help with this we added the towing package and roof rails. Having the 1.5L, I towed a small U-Haul trailer a few weeks ago without any issues at all. We have had over a 100" of snow since early January where we live in the Allegheny Mountains; our OBX in the Slippery GOAT Mode has been completely surefooted through every inch of it, even without the advanced 4x4 system the BL and FE have. The electronics and other creature comforts included in the OBX are impressive as well, pretty much has it all except for the 180deg camera. That said, it will not be our vehicle for future longer road trips, it's just not big enough for four with gear and the dogs...that is where our Bronco OBX on order comes into the picture!
Great read! Like these owner perspectives!
DeepCreek

Rank III

Mar 08, 2021

I took delivery of my BS Badlands (Velma) on Saturday. Got her with 23 miles and have not been able to stop thinking about driving more. Ive been very impressed so far with the overall feel of the vehicle and how it drives on the road. Def happy I got the BL edition for the bigger engine. When I test drove the base model (no BL where available to test drive) I knew I loved how that drove but felt it was def lacking. The BL has not disappointed and I cant wait to take it off road!
reneesoltis, Bronclahoma

Rank V

Mar 08, 2021

I took delivery of my BS Badlands (Velma) on Saturday. Got her with 23 miles and have not been able to stop thinking about driving more. Ive been very impressed so far with the overall feel of the vehicle and how it drives on the road. Def happy I got the BL edition for the bigger engine. When I test drove the base model (no BL where available to test drive) I knew I loved how that drove but felt it was def lacking. The BL has not disappointed and I cant wait to take it off road!
Congrats! What color? Pics?

Theres a post to add your MPG if your interested!

Rank V

Mar 09, 2021

I was looking at both Outer Banks and Badlands as they are similarly priced, but went with Badlands because of how many more functional features it came with for almost the same cost (4x4 lock, twin clutch rear end, 2.0L, upgraded suspension, bash plates, extra drive modes, AT tires, tow hooks, rubberized floors, undeseat storage, 1” lift, etc). For someone at that price point, it seemed like an obvious choice since I plan to do lots of camping and such off the beaten path. You can also add back a lot of the lux features on the Outer Banks to the Badlands if you want!
TrailReady

Rank 0

Mar 09, 2021

We just ordered a Sport Badlands/Badlands Package, because it has the 2.0, lift, front camera, and metal skid plates. Also, it is the only one other than the long gone First Editions that you can order in Cyber Orange!
SWNC, TrailReady

Rank V

Mar 14, 2021

Considered the OBX, but narrowed it down to BL or FE for the extra off-road capability and the 2.0L engine. Love the 2.0L, had it on my last 2 Escapes. It performs like a small v8 with decent mileage. I finally settled on the FE as Ford advertised it as being “fully loaded”. First day reservation, still waiting to get it built... and Ford’s idea of fully loaded wasn’t quite the same as mine . By the time it became apparent that wasn’t the case I was not willing to switch and go to the bottom of the queue. If I were to order now it would be a BL with BL package and Assist+ (Mostly for the Sync nav and adaptive cruise control). In spite of this I’ll be happy with the FE, if only I can actually get it. Haha!