Where is ACC sensor?

Mikey Smith
Oct 19, 2021

OBIE

Oct 19, 2021

Most of us know that the front trail camera is located between the O and the N of Bronco. And we know the Warn winch kit blocks a fair amount of the view. What about the Adaptive Cruise Control sensor...where is that mounted? Is is the ACC sensor and front camera all the same? Warn has a kit to relocate the winch control wiring, but the front trail camera will still remain somewhat blocked. But I'm also reading that the ACC will not function, and I see there is a relocation kit for that sensor made by Addictive Desert Design, supposedly available around Xmas. Thx for the replies!
CoachMP3

Burrito Connoisseur

Oct 19, 2021

It is in behind the bumper dead-center. If you look at a picture of any of the Broncos there will be a little black rectangular box in the center of the bumper—that’s the ACC radar sensor.

EDIT: Picture
broncobumper.png
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
CoachMP3, Deano Bronc

OBIE

Oct 19, 2021

Wow, thx! So, it is about 10-inches directly below the front camera. I called Addictive Desert Designs, to find out where there relocation bracket packages the ACC sensor. Was advised their bracket kit mounts behind the grill, and the production wiring is long enough to not require a patch extnsion.
CoachMP3, Deano Bronc

OBIE

Jan 20, 2022

Wow, thx! So, it is about 10-inches directly below the front camera. I called Addictive Desert Designs, to find out where there relocation bracket packages the ACC sensor. Was advised their bracket kit mounts behind the grill, and the production wiring is long enough to not require a patch extension.
My relocation bracket arrived from Addictive Desert Designs, and I would offer that company has always been polite, responsive and a fast shipper. The sensor gets relocated adjacent to the left headlight.
TMars, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Feb 05, 2022

I have an Outer Banks with the High Package (no adaptive cruise control), but I do have the box you say is the necessary part.

If this is in place - can it be programmed or activated to be on?ACC.jpg

OBIE

Feb 06, 2022

I have an Outer Banks with the High Package (no adaptive cruise control), but I do have the box you say is the necessary part.

If this is in place - can it be programmed or activated to be on?View attachment 28088
You may have the plastic cover, but I doubt the $400 module is underneath it, nor the wiring harness that goes to it.

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 06, 2022

If this is in place - can it be programmed or activated to be on?View attachment 28088

Just a dummy cover.
Chief Ron

OBIE

Feb 06, 2022

Just a dummy cover.
The cover should be held in place by 3 small screws.

Rank V

Feb 06, 2022

How come there is a big puddle of oil under your truck?? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Rank II

Feb 10, 2022

My relocation bracket arrived from Addictive Desert Designs, and I would offer that company has always been polite, responsive and a fast shipper. The sensor gets relocated adjacent to the left headlight.
Did you relocate the sensor yet?

OBIE

Feb 10, 2022

Did you relocate the sensor yet?
No. They guy that was going to help me...got into a car accident, so probably won't happen till late Feb. Here are the install instructions.
https://www.addictivedesertdesigns....-cruise-control-installation-instructions.pdf

Rank II

Feb 10, 2022

No. They guy that was going to help me...got into a car accident, so probably won't happen till late Feb. Here are the install instructions.
https://www.addictivedesertdesigns....-cruise-control-installation-instructions.pdf
I have been reading over them. I was hoping for a review from someone that has moved the sensor. I wanted to ensure that it works properly.

OBIE

Feb 10, 2022

I have been reading over them. I was hoping for a review from someone that has moved the sensor. I wanted to ensure that it works properly.
The company has been selling sensor relocation kits for Rangers, F150, Super Duty and Raptor for quite some time. All but one review I've read are positive. For me, I have no option but to try it, and I have high confidence it will work. I am aware they have sold hundreds of these for the Bronco already...

Rank II

Feb 10, 2022

The company has been selling sensor relocation kits for Rangers, F150, Super Duty and Raptor for quite some time. All but one review I've read are positive. For me, I have no option but to try it, and I have high confidence it will work. I am aware they have sold hundreds of these for the Bronco already...
Excellent! Thank you for your input. I too have limited options. I am NOT going to own a Bronco that doesn’t have a winch on the front of it.
Mikey Smith

Libations MOD

Feb 10, 2022

How come there is a big puddle of oil under your truck?? Hmmmmmmmmmm
was looking at that too LOL
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending