Rank II

Advocate III

Dec 14, 2020
North Palm Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Wayne

Will the Broncos be coming to South Florida?

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 11.45.14 PM.png

Last edited:

samanator

Rank V

Supporter I

Oct 10, 2020
Pompano Beach FL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Will the Broncos be coming to South Florida?

View attachment 6499
Bronco confirmed in Central Florida this weekend at the Orlando Auto Show. It is at the Orange County Convention Center. I'm driving up from South Florida since this may be the only reasonably close show before orders. Miami Show is not until the end of February 2021.

Reactions: Timothy

Timothy

Rank II

Advocate III

Dec 14, 2020
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Wayne
Bronco confirmed in Central Florida this weekend at the Orlando Auto Show. It is at the Orange County Convention Center. I'm driving up from South Florida since this may be the only reasonably close show before orders. Miami Show is not until the end of February 2021.
Wow, thank you for passing on the info, I am not able to make it. Would be fun to see some photos of the models there.

vickismith1023

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Dec 18, 2020
Canyon Lake, TX, USA
First Name
VICKI
Last Name
SMITH
I saw a new four door Bronco (Area 51 color) earlier today in Wimberley, Texas..! It passed right by me..and I had to do a double take. Anyone know if they will be showing this in surrounding areas?

I thought I might like that color better than the cactus gray...but I don’t. It was so cool to see one. Wish I could have gotten a photo.

David

Rank VI
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

I saw a new four door Bronco (Area 51 color) earlier today in Wimberley, Texas..! It passed right by me..and I had to do a double take. Anyone know if they will be showing this in surrounding areas?

I thought I might like that color better than the cactus gray...but I don’t. It was so cool to see one. Wish I could have gotten a photo.
Cool that you got to see one! If you saw one then it's probably a tester. The ones that get displayed are usually display units that don't drive very far since their main purpose is to show off what the vehicle will look like. If you saw one on the road then you probably saw one that's out for testing. Very cool!

vickismith1023

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Dec 18, 2020
Canyon Lake, TX, USA
First Name
VICKI
Last Name
SMITH
Cool that you got to see one! If you saw one then it's probably a tester. The ones that get displayed are usually display units that don't drive very far since their main purpose is to show off what the vehicle will look like. If you saw one on the road then you probably saw one that's out for testing. Very cool!
Thank you very much for the reply. I really appreciate it. That’s good to know. I really hope to see one in person..up close! Hopefully they will be in Texas soon for the public to view.

samanator

Rank V

Supporter I

Oct 10, 2020
Pompano Beach FL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Ok here are a few I took today. I talked to the rep for about 15 minutes on this. He was in a suit so not really the most knowledgeable. Key points from the script he was given. This is still a prototype so if you saw the interior in the video on 6G form Thursday before the show don't expect it to reveal anything. They were strictly instructed not to allow the doors to be open. I asked him if he knew there was a video online showing this Bronco's interior and he seemed to be aware of the shoot. He claimed it was pretty crude inside, but the exterior was nearly 100% production. Gaps were excellent on it being uniform all around the truck and reasonably tight. It has a Sasquatch package, but no front camera or any in the mirrors so it appeared to be a Badland with Sasquatch and nothing else. The two things I did gain from the show were I'm now 100% certain I want the four-door, and from seeing the dark grey and A51 on Sports those are not my colors. The two-door is way too small for me. The body screams for loud candy colors, as the Cyber Orange shows how it refrects the lights. For me Rapid Red, Race Red and Velocity Blue work. Out of the solid colors I would personally only consider white. Not as impressed as I should be at this point, but this was at best a quarter baked effort by Ford. Ford should be ashamed this late in the game to only have one here and having gone backward not even showing the inside (and a prototype still). There was like a little theater around it made up of fake tree stump stools, but in the three hours we were there, I never saw one presentation being given by Ford on the Bronco. It was worth the 3.5-hour drive each way to see one, but I'm not as blow away as I should be right now. I think the main reason I feel this way is not being able to see inside which I where I have the most questions about this vehicle. Very disappointed that the video on 6G was the only view I had inside this one. I have a concerned pit in my stomach pulling the trigger on a $60K vehicle that they have not demonstrated the value of yet to me.

FCA was there in force and had the TRX and the Rubicon 392. You could go up to the TRX, but the 392 Rubicon did have a rail around it, but they claimed both were production-ready vehicles and the rep did let me in to see inside. Both were pretty well done, but not in colors I would choose. The Rubicon 392 had the top off and the half doors. FCA had the Jeeps going around a demo obstacle track with factory drivers that you could ride along with in the back. Mostly they were running Rubicon variations of Wrangles, Wrangler Unlimiteds, and Gladiators. There was a lone Cherokee Trailhawk they were running around. The one obstacle demonstrated articulation very well. From the photo you can see the Cherokee lifts the front wheel about two foot off the ground. If you could play it live you would see the driver's side rear comes up about 2.5 feet and bounces down very hard as the vehicle progresses forward. Only the longer wheelbase Gladiator Rubicon kept all four wheels always on the ground over this. The Rubicon 2 and 4 door had the left rear come up some off the ground. I guess in some cases longer is better if the turns are not too tight. The test ride in the Cherokee had to be the most fun, but it looked like it was close to hopping off the ramp from the outside the fenced-in area.

IMG_0736.jpeg

IMG_0738.jpeg
IMG_0735.jpeg
IMG_0740.jpeg
IMG_0741.jpeg
IMG_0742.jpeg
IMG_0743.jpeg
IMG_0745.jpeg
IMG_0748.jpeg
IMG_0752.jpeg

Last edited:

Timothy

Rank II

Advocate III

Dec 14, 2020
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Wayne
Thank you for posting the photos from the show and sharing about the experience!

A couple months ago When I saw the Bronco in person, I was also disappointed I was not able to sit inside it. I really would love to test drive it.

It did look pretty dark inside the vehicle, cave like when I saw it with the all black interior. I keep asking about an all tan interior option.
This is a big purchase and something I would anticipate wanting to keep for many years, I would love to be able to choose the interior color on a Bid Bend trim 2021 Bronco.

Reactions: Jim Carrick

samanator

Rank V

Supporter I

Oct 10, 2020
Pompano Beach FL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Thank you for posting the photos from the show and sharing about the experience!

A couple months ago When I saw the Bronco in person, I was also disappointed I was not able to sit inside it. I really would love to test drive it.

It did look pretty dark inside the vehicle, cave like when I saw it with the all black interior. I keep asking about an all tan interior option.
This is a big purchase and something I would anticipate wanting to keep for many years, I would love to be able to choose the interior color on a Bid Bend trim 2021 Bronco.
My big concern is that while I'm only 5'10" I'm very wide in the shoulders. The interior in the Bronco looks narrow. How close are the inside dimensions to the Ranger may be sitting in one would give me a feel for the driver's seat on the Bronco? I gave up my 2019 Ridgeline which was a nice fit for me knowing the Bronco was coming and so my wife could get her Lexus. I've been stuck driving her Infiniti QX30 which is way too small for me. The road trip to Orlando really made this even more evident. This goes when the Bronco comes but if it is too tight. I'd of been a bit happier if it was as wide as an F150, but the same two lenghts as these.

I did sit in a Defender 110 at the show and it fit perfectly and had great legroom in the back and rubber floors with power seats. Just no removable roof. It is cool, but it starts where the Bronco ends price wize.

David

Rank VI
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

Ok here are a few I took today. I talked to the rep for about 15 minutes on this. He was in a suit so not really the most knowledgeable. Key points from the script he was given. This is still a prototype so if you saw the interior in the video on 6G form Thursday before the show don't expect it to reveal anything. They were strictly instructed not to allow the doors to be open. I asked him if he knew there was a video online showing this Bronco's interior and he seemed to be aware of the shoot. He claimed it was pretty crude inside, but the exterior was nearly 100% production. Gaps were excellent on it being uniform all around the truck and reasonably tight. It has a Sasquatch package, but no front camera or any in the mirrors so it appeared to be a Badland with Sasquatch and nothing else. The two things I did gain from the show were I'm now 100% certain I want the four-door, and from seeing the dark grey and A51 on Sports those are not my colors. The two-door is way too small for me. The body screams for loud candy colors, as the Cyber Orange shows how it reflects the lights. For me Rapid Red, Race Red and Velocity Blue work. Out of the solid colors I would personally only consider white. Not as impressed as I should be at this point, but this was at best a quarter baked effort by Ford. Ford should be ashamed this late in the game to only have one here and having gone backward not even showing the inside (and a prototype still). There was like a little theater around it made up of fake tree stump stools, but in the three hours we were there, I never saw one presentation being given by Ford on the Bronco. It was worth the 3.5-hour drive each way to see one, but I'm not as blow away as I should be right now. I think the main reason I feel this way is not being able to see inside which I where I have the most questions about this vehicle. Very disappointed that the video on 6G was the only view I had inside this one. I have a concerned pit in my stomach pulling the trigger on a $60K vehicle that they have not demonstrated the value of yet to me.

FCA was there in force and had the TRX and the Rubicon 392. You could go up to the TRX, but the 392 Rubicon did have a rail around it, but they claimed both were production-ready vehicles and the rep did let me in to see inside. Both were pretty well done, but not in colors I would choose. The Rubicon 392 had the top off and the half doors. FCA had the Jeeps going around a demo obstacle track with factory drivers that you could ride along with in the back. Mostly they were running Rubicon variations of Wrangles, Wrangler Unlimiteds, and Gladiators. There was a lone Cherokee Trailhawk they were running around. The one obstacle demonstrated articulation very well. From the photo you can see the Cherokee lifts the front wheel about two foot off the ground. If you could play it live you would see the driver's side rear comes up about 2.5 feet and bounces down very hard as the vehicle progresses forward. Only the longer wheelbase Gladiator Rubicon kept all four wheels always on the ground over this. The Rubicon 2 and 4 door had the left rear come up some off the ground. I guess in some cases longer is better if the turns are not too tight. The test ride in the Cherokee had to be the most fun, but it looked like it was close to hopping off the ramp from the outside the fenced-in area.
Here's a view inside one, I realize it isn't the same as seeing it in person. The one in the photos below is a Squatched Badlands in Cyber Orange as well. This one has a few surfaces that aren't grained the way they would be on a production unit but it's pretty close.

350D150A-C5B8-447B-AA67-0DE4E2395571.jpeg

9728017E-E056-4328-9193-157D829408CB.jpeg

418ECE49-7BED-4D8A-A574-3E96E07BD5E6.jpeg

Timothy

Rank II

Advocate III

Dec 14, 2020
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Wayne
Here's a view inside one, I realize it isn't the same as seeing it in person. The one in the photos below is a Squatched Badlands in Cyber Orange as well. This one has a few surfaces that aren't grained the way they would be on a production unit but it's pretty close.

View attachment 6681

View attachment 6682
View attachment 6683
Nice overview of the Bronco interior, appreciate the photos of this perspective. The seats in the front looks comfy.

Reactions: Cooppierce

samanator

Rank V

Supporter I

Oct 10, 2020
Pompano Beach FL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Nice overview of the Bronco interior, appreciate the photos of this perspective. The seats in the front looks comfy.
They look a bit tight to me so this is why I'm concerned. Do these seats looks similar in size to a Ranger?