Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

With the two Broncos in AZ, hope someone lifts the hoods and takes pictures of the engine compartments. :)

David

Rank VI
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

With the two Broncos in AZ, hope someone lifts the hoods and takes pictures of the engine compartments. :)
Is there something specific that you're looking for? We've posted pictures of the 2.7L engine before. Just looking to clarify.

tzuercher

Rank V

Promoter III

Apr 1, 2020
Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Zuercher
Member #

I took a pic of the 2.3L 4 cylinder. Not the greatest shot but nice to look into the actual engine compartment. Appears to be lots of room in there with the 4 cyl.

Attachments

Last edited:

tzuercher

Rank V

Promoter III

Apr 1, 2020
Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Zuercher
Member #

The Broncos bound for the Off Road Expo made it to Sanderson Ford in Glendale, AZ, today. Sanderson is one of the largest dealers in the nation and probably sold more Broncos in the years 1966-1996 than nearly any other dealership in the country. They are a title sponsor of the Expo - hence them getting the Broncos for a few days. They also had on display a '66 Bronco that owned to Don Sanderson (dealership owner and founder) since new. It has less than 22k original miles.

I stopped by on the way home from work tonight and stood around with a bunch of other people and checked them out. The black two door is the same one that was at SC West in September. What was really neat this time was that we could climb in the trucks, sit in all the seats, really check things out, etc.

Attachments

David

Rank VI
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

The Broncos bound for the Off Road Expo made it to Sanderson Ford in Glendale, AZ, today. Sanderson is one of the largest dealers in the nation and probably sold more Broncos in the years 1966-1996 than nearly any other dealership in the country. They are a title sponsor of the Expo - hence them getting the Broncos for a few days. They also had on display a '66 Bronco that owned to Don Sanderson (dealership owner and founder) since new. It has less than 22k original miles.

I stopped by on the way home from work tonight and stood around with a bunch of other people and checked them out. The black two door is the same one that was at SC West in September. What was really neat this time was that we could climb in the trucks, sit in all the seats, really check things out, etc.
How did you feel about the leather seats? Haven’t sat in those yet myself.

JFord

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 18, 2020
California, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Ford
Member #

How did you feel about the leather seats? Haven’t sat in those yet myself.
What does Ford mean by “leather trimmed MGV”? Is the center section of the seat and back MGV and the outer section leather?

Reactions: BuzzyBud

TorgSurv

Rank VI

Champion II

Jul 13, 2020
Moab, Ut
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Torgersen
Member #

What was really neat this time was that we could climb in the trucks, sit in all the seats, really check things out, etc.
That's awesome, thanks for the pics. Hopefully we get the same opportunity in Mammoth.

Reactions: JFord

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

Is there something specific that you're looking for? We've posted pictures of the 2.7L engine before. Just looking to clarify.
Actually I would be looking for two things. 1. Space to accommodate an ARB onboard air compressor.
2. If and where the fuse box might be located. Is there space around the box for an auxiliary box to handle more electrical equipment.
Thank you!

Reactions: Buckin'

Buckin'

Rank V

Champion III

Jun 13, 2020
Wilmington, NC, USA
Member #

What does Ford mean by “leather trimmed MGV”? Is the center section of the seat and back MGV and the outer section leather?
Where did you see that? I don't think leather-trimmed MGV is a thing

Actually I would be looking for two things. 1. Space to accommodate an ARB onboard air compressor.
That was my first thought when you asked (y)

Reactions: BuzzyBud

Buckin'

Rank V

Champion III

Jun 13, 2020
Wilmington, NC, USA
Member #

I may have assumed marine grade but this is for the badlands two door build.
Oh yeah. Almost all "leather" seats on a vehicle are a combination of leather and (regular) vinyl. Leather where you sit and vinyl everywhere else. That's why they're usually referred to as "leather-trimmed" seats.

srick76

Rank V

Supporter III

Jun 11, 2020
Butler, NJ, USA
Member #

Here are a few more pics. Kinda fun to actually shift the 7 speed and see how long the throws are, etc.
What did the shifts feel like? Short, solid? Was read it was not direct linkage so wondering if it feels like a Nissan Sentra with a lot of give to the lever or solid like a classic manual trans...

tzuercher

Rank V

Promoter III

Apr 1, 2020
Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Zuercher
Member #

What did the shifts feel like? Short, solid? Was read it was not direct linkage so wondering if it feels like a Nissan Sentra with a lot of give to the lever or solid like a classic manual trans...
I was pleased with the length of the throws - not as short as a Miata or a late model Mustang I sat in recently, nor nearly as long as the throws in typical truck transmissions. Just about right is what I felt!