When your bronco comes in and they mark up the MSRP but you still buy it.

Susie Coluzzi
Dec 06, 2021

Rank II

Dec 06, 2021

6AAA2474-997A-486C-9EC3-E3AABAC13301.jpeg
KennyMac, 6GENBRONCOFAN
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 06, 2021

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Dec 06, 2021

My sales woman and our friend the sales manage had left, so new folks there tried higher but we talked them down to $2k up.

Yep, pretty much accurate
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
KennyMac, Hossamus prime

Rank I

Dec 11, 2021

Had friends in Florida have their bronco get delivered and had the dealership slap a 23k markup.
KennyMac, Crawler Green

Rank VI

Dec 11, 2021

My dealer tried to add on 20k to mine when it came in! All I had to do was threaten spreading all over bronco nation and so they took off.
KennyMac, jimFish

Rank IV

Dec 11, 2021

Hate to hear stuff like this, guess I should be thankful the dealership here honored their word and only charged MSRP and not a penny more (and locked in the pricing when we ordered).
2021 Badlands | 4dr | Area 51 | 2.7 Auto | I think she checked every option | Jack Links edition…..mess’n with Sasquatch
KennyMac, jimFish

Rank VI

Dec 11, 2021

I trust my dealer. Been with them for 20 years.
Wildtrak, hot pepper red, mic, Lux, tow...Totally worth it!!
KennyMac, TNEarlyBronco

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Dec 11, 2021

My sales woman and our friend the sales manage had left, so new folks there tried higher but we talked them down to $2k up.

Yep, pretty much accurate
I just hate seeing this with someone that wants to get a Bronco, that walk in a dealership and orders their Bronco and told that they won't pay a penny above MSRP, then the Bronco gets to the dealership and all of a sudden there is a huge markup. Once it gets to the Dealership the Dealership owns that Bronco and they can do anything they want until they sell it, so I say to everyone it can't hurt to ask for a Signed Purchase Agreement I have said this a thousand times, "when you get that purchase agreement you will sleep much better at night".
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.
KennyMac, Bronco 202?

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Dec 11, 2021

I just hate seeing this with someone that wants to get a Bronco, that walk in a dealership and orders their Bronco and told that they won't pay a penny above MSRP, then the Bronco gets to the dealership and all of a sudden there is a huge markup. Once it gets to the Dealership the Dealership owns that Bronco and they can do anything they want until they sell it, so I say to everyone it can't hurt to ask for a Signed Purchase Agreement I have said this a thousand times, "when you get that purchase agreement you will sleep much better at night".

lesson learned, now my dads bringing it up when he looks at ordering as there’s no inventory
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
jimFish, LR48

Dec 11, 2021

[Side Note] If you haven't ordered your Bronco yet, ask right then before you walk out "would you be willing to write up a signed purchase agreement" and if they say they can't do that then tell them "I'm going back to the dealership that will", they may second think that because they will not want you to go somewhere else and lose a potential customer.
Remember you hold the cards before your Order and in most cases some times after because they don't have that Bronco on their lot yet.
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.
KennyMac, Susie Coluzzi

Rank IV

Dec 11, 2021

Some people just need to be reminded that a 7.62 match grade FMJHPSBT round is just over $2!

But seriously, I am thankful my dealer didn't add anything.
KennyMac, Bronco V-8

Rank III

Dec 11, 2021

I dealt with Pat at Colonial Ford in Danbury CT. They have an up and down reputation. They have a couple floor models that are marked up heavy duty. But Pat from the beginning told me when mine delivered it would be MSRP. I have it in email and a signed copy from him. I picked up my Bronco on Thursday. Just as Pat said, not a penny over MSRP. Couldn’t be happier. He was a pleasure to do business with.
KennyMac, LR48

No Ragerts

Dec 11, 2021

These stories continue to disgust me!

I guess I should consider myself fortunate that I didn’t have to deal with any dealership nonsense. No ADM, no sleazy finance guy sales close, no mandatory widow etching, locking lug nuts & undercoating - just a pleasant transaction start to finish (aside from a long wait for production).

Want to buy a Bronco @ MSRP and be treated well? Simply, call Vinny at Schultz Ford in Nanuet, NY and tell him I sent ya!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
KennyMac, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Dec 11, 2021

I don''t see how this can be legal. Did they tell you there was a markup before you ordered? IMO the names of these dealers should be listed on this and other sites so folks can stay away. Thanks to this thread I asked my dealer before I sat down with them. They said no. I purchased my 2017 F-150 from them as well.

Dave
KennyMac, Bronco 202?

Dec 11, 2021

I dealt with Pat at Colonial Ford in Danbury CT. They have an up and down reputation. They have a couple floor models that are marked up heavy duty. But Pat from the beginning told me when mine delivered it would be MSRP. I have it in email and a signed copy from him. I picked up my Bronco on Thursday. Just as Pat said, not a penny over MSRP. Couldn’t be happier. He was a pleasure to do business with.
That's awsome! Love hearing great outcomes when Dealerships sell at, or below MSRP. I honestly believe that stuff like this will help Dealerships going forward from this pandemic, we are all suffering in some way or another, and it doesn't help when you need a vehicle and then they surprise you with a huge markup when you go to pick it up. All just to make a buck. However don't get me wrong I know Dealerships are struggling too but if you make a happy customer they will keep coming back and in the end there's your profit. $ (y)
Jluf, Susie Coluzzi

Rank III

Dec 11, 2021

Hello all,

I took possession of my First Edition Bronco at Valenti Ford in Stonington CT. They did mention that dealerships are marking up the Bronco but would not do that for me. Paid exactly the price as ordered. So far, loving the Bronco!
taguirre, Deano Bronc

Dec 11, 2021

I don''t see how this can be legal. Did they tell you there was a markup before you ordered? IMO the names of these dealers should be listed on this and other sites so folks can stay away. Thanks to this thread I asked my dealer before I sat down with them. They said no. I purchased my 2017 F-150 from them as well.

Dave
I have read many of threads on this, and yes they can do this because they own the vehicle until you buy it. There's a video on YouTube where the husband and wife went to pick up their Bronco and they through an ADM at them of $10,000 above MSRP and the guy actually worked for that dealership.
Watch "My New Ford Bronco is FINALLY HERE but we have a big problem!!" on YouTube

Dec 11, 2021

There also is a part 2.
Watch "Bronco Drama Part 2" on YouTube

Rank II

Dec 11, 2021

I'll never pay an ADM on a vehicle no matter how bad I want it. Its already marked up before it gets to the dealership.
BroncOitis

Rank VI

Dec 11, 2021

No.
CO OBX 2dr. 2.7l, 4.27 rear locker, tow, Lux, Aux switches, roof rails, Roast Leather. 7/14/20 res, 1/30/21 order.
12/13/21 build week. Blend date 12/16/21 Built 12/29/21 Brought home 1/1/22

Rank II

Dec 11, 2021

I trust my dealer. Been with them for 20 years.
I hope you’re right. I have seen cases where the buyer had known the dealer for “umpteen” years and bought several cars/trucks from them. Their bronco came in and that dealer slapped ADM on it. Cross your t’s and dot your i’s and get something in writing, email, etc saying they’ll honor MSRP.
BroncOitis