What to do ...when you’ve ordered two?

Commodore
Jan 05, 2021

Rank VI

Jan 05, 2021

Like a big excited dummy! I ordered 2 in the first weeks ...then forgot. (Actually, ordered a BL, a sport, then a base a week later ...backed out on the sport and got that refund)

It wasn’t until I got a second batch of gift merch from the dealer that I remembered I’d ordered two.

Options:

1. A loaded Bronco can hit $60K. A base model is $28K. Two would be $56K. A 2d and 4d would be $59K.

2. If I ordered two and only take one, the dealer gets one for inventory. $$ to me?

3. Any other options...

Rank IV

Jan 05, 2021

Like a big excited dummy! I ordered 2 in the first weeks ...then forgot. (Actually, ordered a BL, a sport, then a base a week later ...backed out on the sport and got that refund)

It wasn’t until I got a second batch of gift merch from the dealer that I remembered I’d ordered two.

Options:

1. A loaded Bronco can hit $60K. A base model is $28K. Two would be $56K. A 2d and 4d would be $59K.

2. If I ordered two and only take one, the dealer gets one for inventory. $$ to me?

3. Any other options...

According to the last Q&A the dealers will get penalized on their future allocation for any they take delivery of that don't go to a reservation customer. You won't be getting $$ from the dealer for ordering something and not taking it. If you only want one, you should probably go ahead and cancel the other one since the reservations aren't transferable either. I guess nothing stops you from taking the delivery of the second one, registering it, and then trying to resell it and hope somehow you come out ahead after paying the initial taxes and registration.
JFord, Jakob1972

Rank VI

Jan 05, 2021

According to the last Q&A the dealers will get penalized on their future allocation for any they take delivery of that don't go to a reservation customer. You won't be getting $$ from the dealer for ordering something and not taking it. If you only want one, you should probably go ahead and cancel the other one since the reservations aren't transferable either. I guess nothing stops you from taking the delivery of the second one, registering it, and then trying to resell it and hope somehow you come out ahead after paying the initial taxes and registration.
I suppose this depends on how early it gets here...
JFord, Jakob1972

Rank 0

Jan 05, 2021

It wasn’t until I got a second batch of gift merch from the dealer...
You guys are getting swag?
JFord, Jakob1972

Rank IV

Jan 05, 2021

I also reserved two. The first was on 3 Sept. After hearing that the Body Color Modular Top might not be available until MY22, I reserved the second one on Oct 27. I gave my dealer a “heads up” and they said the second “probably” wasn’t necessary — that my first should reserve my place for a MY22, that we would just have to redo the order for a MY22 model and prices may be different. Keeping my second reservation until things become clearer, for now.
JFord, Commodore

Rank V

Jan 05, 2021

I also ordered two. The first was on 3 Sept. After hearing that the Body Color Modular Top might not be available until MY22, I ordered the second one on Oct 27. I gave my dealer a “heads up” and they said the second “probably” wasn’t necessary — that my first should reserve my place for a MY22, that we would just have to redo the order for a MY22 model and prices may be different. Keeping my second reservation until things become clearer, for now.
Your dealer is probably right

And what the heck... I want swag
Jakob1972, Slownstddy

Rank VI

Jan 05, 2021

Do you mean you reserved two?
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Commodore

Rank VI

Jan 05, 2021

Do you mean you reserved two?
Yep, reserved two
I think one on July 24th and the other on the 30th. Got SWAG on Dec 28th and today. Was surprised to get today’s.

Rank VI

Jan 05, 2021

You can cancel a reservation at any point, or let your dealer know you don't want to place the order for the second. It's a non-issue. Just order the one you want.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Commodore

Rank V

Jan 05, 2021

No swag...:cry:...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
Commodore, Slownstddy

Rank VI

Jan 05, 2021

What kind of swag? If were supposed to get it and the dealers keeping it then ........humph!!!!!!
Can I get a Humph....?
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021
Commodore, Rhiostatic

Rank V

Jan 05, 2021

Reserved an FE and OBX, both on July 14th...but no swag received here :cry:
FE: 4 Dr, A51, NP
BRaptor: HPR; Original GT Res - 7/14/20
Commodore

Rank VI

Jan 05, 2021

What kind of swag? If were supposed to get it and the dealers keeping it then ........humph!!!!!!
Can I get a Humph....?
Humph!!!!
Hat & H2go Journey SS bottle

The hats have a sticker FRD Bronco District Mesh back cap

Rank VI

Jan 06, 2021

Just a Bronco coffee mug here...better than nothing I suppose. Although I do enjoy my coffee in it every morning! :p
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Deano Bronc, Commodore

Rank VI

Jan 06, 2021

I didn't get any swag either, but hey I've got my BN YETI Tumblr!!!!
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
JFord, Commodore

Rank VI

Jan 06, 2021

One would think for a $50k vehicle with this type of interest the dealers would be a little more on their game...guess I shouldn't be shocked these days though. Back in the day my 96 EB came with EB luggage! This time around...mug. :(
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Deano Bronc, Commodore

Rank V

Jan 06, 2021

Can I get a Humph....?

I didnt get a Humph out of that guy!

I would take a mug, even if its just to put on my desk for pens.
gvanroy, Slownstddy

Rank VI

Jan 06, 2021

I didnt get a Humph out of that guy!

I would take a mug, even if its just to put on my desk for pens.
Sorry you didn't get a mug, but have you considered the BN bandanas!!

https://gear.thebronconation.com/collections/all/products/built-wild-bandanas-pack-of-2
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
JFord, TorgSurv

Rank VI

Jan 06, 2021

Humph!!!!
Hat & H2go Journey SS bottle

The hats have a sticker FRD Bronco District Mesh back cap
I think the hat came from FORD (district sales manager)

Rank V

Jan 06, 2021

Sorry you didn't get a mug, but have you considered the BN bandanas!!
Suppose I could put pens in them. :unsure:
Bronc96, Slownstddy