What to do, what to do. What's your plans, and how did you get there?

Wanted 33
Aug 21, 2020

Rank II

Aug 21, 2020

At first, and before the reveal my plans were to trade my Jeep JL Sahara 4 door for a Bronco OB 4 door, load it up like the Jeep, and be happy. But, driving the Jeep the other day it hit me that I really like my Jeep. So, back to the drawing board and the Ford Bronco site to try as I might come up with another plan to own a new Bronco. After several days of beating my old worn out mind, and looking at the different trims it hit me. I wanted a 2 door Jeep at first, but we need at least one 4 door vehicle in the driveway, so now is the time to fulfill my want for a 2 door. As of now (Oh Lord, I'm so wishy washy) I have settled on a 2.3L manual BB 2 door with the mid package, and be done. I'll just sell my project '92 Toyota reg. cab pick-up w/less than 100K to make that happen, and not have so many vehicles to care for. Way back in the recesses of my gray matter I know this come change at any time. So let's have a little fun. What trim level have you picked (if you're not wishy washy like me), and how did you come to that decision?

BTW, I'm not going to mention a color choice. That's a whole nuther world of wonder for me. :)

Jim
"I think donuts define ones copliness" - Luther "Suitcase" Simpson
BuzzyBud, BroncoMax
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2020

Rank VI

Aug 21, 2020

I'm just as wishy-washy but I run through the filter of my wife and she helps me decide. I'm fairly settled, when B&P comws things will likely change, but I chose a 4D BB likely a 2.3l MT, if I can get the 4.7 gears for bigger tires (mainly). 4D as im a family man, the kids would be fine in a 2D but I want them to have the same door-less experience as me and with 4D I can store the doors in the cargo area
Build week of 7/26....still....no its 8/16 now
BuzzyBud, BroncoMax

Rank II

Aug 21, 2020

I'm just as wishy-washy but I run through the filter of my wife and she helps me decide. I'm fairly settled, when B&P comws things will likely change, but I chose a 4D BB likely a 2.3l MT, if I can get the 4.7 gears for bigger tires (mainly). 4D as im a family man, the kids would be fine in a 2D but I want them to have the same door-less experience as me and with 4D I can store the doors in the cargo area

Aren't we lucky to have wives that put up with our manplans. (y)
Fstfrd00, BuzzyBud

Rank V

Aug 22, 2020

I'm just as wishy-washy but I run through the filter of my wife and she helps me decide.

I did much the same. 4 Door and automatic were nailed down first as that was pretty much the two requirements my Wife had before I reserved one(She wants to drive it more than she's letting on, I suspect:unsure:) I had been going back and forth constantly on trim levels and colors, until better images of the colors showed up. I showed her the images of the Area 51 Bronco Sport and that decided it right there: She loved it, it was one of my top choices for colors, so, Area 51 was our chosen color!

As for Trim level: I had been agonizing over which trim level to go for. My reserved Black Diamond, an Outer Banks or Badlands model, or even a Wildtrak. Finally, even though I knew I was driving her nuts(still am!) by going on about it so much, but, I wanted to run the specifics of each model by her and see if she could help me decide. My absolute "Must-have" additions are the V6, Automatic, Hard Top, Mid Package, and Towing Package. We ruled out the Outer Banks right away due to that neither of us like the 18s on it, Black Diamond and Badlands are still decent choices, though we'd never be using the advanced Off-roading features, and for some reason I have this odd want for the "high-level instrument panel" that's not found on the Black Diamond. Only Outer Banks and up have it.

I then pointed out that with all I'm wanting to add, it's almost all standard on the Wildtrak, and I'm concerned that the cost of adding all that stuff to any of the other Models will put me right at, or above the price of the Wildtrak. Plus, it comes already Squatched. She looked over everything again, pointed to the Wildtrak and told me that from what I'm telling her and what she can see is that it would be our best bet to go with, since everything comes standard aside from getting the towing package, and maybe the High Package if it's not too expensive. The only request she had is that since it will sit higher due to the Sasquatch package, she wants the steps for it to make it easier for her to get in and out of.

So: 4 door Wildtrak in Area 51 color it is! ...Unless the Sasquatch degrades MPG numbers significantly, then it's back to the drawing board. *laughs*
2dr Badlands, Velocity Blue, Lux Package, Squatch
Fstfrd00, NHWolverine_12

Rank IV

Aug 22, 2020

I was lucky enough to snag a FE so the next day I started worrying about running up the miles on it. I convinced myself I can keep my current F150 instead of trading it in like I had originally intended. I bought the truck in 2018 with the explicit intent to trade it in for a Bronco if/when they came back. Cut to a few weeks later when they doubled the FE production numbers and now I am not as concerned about the mileage, and I'm going to probably scrape it up anyway. But since I figured out my budget with both vehicles I will probably stick with both unless something else changes. As a bonus if I keep my F150 I can haul the Bronco to trails and have plenty of room and towing capability.

I was going to go 4 door on the Bronco but after seeing all the footage and pictures I think I have decided to go 2 door. If the only interior available on the FE is hideous I will also most likely have a custom interior put in to match the one on the Cyber Orange from the reveal. I know Ford will not mass produce that interior, but it looks too good to only be in one Bronco. Exterior color I'm still not positive either, every time I see the colors I change my mind.
NHWolverine_12, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Aug 22, 2020

Pricing is a big deal for me. Also electronics is above me. So I choose the Base Bronco 2-door. Sasquatch and v-6. V-6 if Ford will change their mind with that awesome stick option! I might change to the BB because I really like that Cactus color. I also REALLY like the 4-door. That being able to carry your doors is way COOL. I just have to see. I in the end will get a basic Black 2-door. Can't go wrong with that.
Baja on! As Ford Spanked the competition in 1969, in the Baja 1000, NO OTHER AUTOMAKER HAS, replicated in 50 plus years
Bronco V-8, Fstfrd00

Rank II

Aug 22, 2020

Pricing is a big deal for me. Also electronics is above me. So I choose the Base Bronco 2-door. Sasquatch and v-6. V-6 if Ford will change their mind with that awesome stick option! I might change to the BB because I really like that Cactus color. I also REALLY like the 4-door. That being able to carry your doors is way COOL. I just have to see. I in the end will get a basic Black 2-door. Can't go wrong with that.

@BroncoMax When I kinda maybe thought I'm keeping my Jeep, and getting a 2 door, the first I looked at was the base model. But, I do like a few of the safety features (reverse sensor, blind spot/pedestrian detectors, etc) that comes with the mid package. So, up I went to the BB. Those features are on my Jeep, and they do come in handy. I especially like the pedestrian thingy. The way people pay no attention in parking lots it has saved several that have walked right behind me when I had already started moving.
Fstfrd00, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Aug 22, 2020

For me, 2 door Badlands with 2.7, auto, shadow black modular hardtop, high package, Sasquatch and a run through Ford Performance for a collection of accessories TBD. Cyber Orange and marine grade vinyl color TBD. Keeping my F150 .
Wanted 33, Fstfrd00

Rank V

Aug 23, 2020

Build & Price will determine what I get once I see the price. Currently looking at the Big Bend w/ Sasquatch and Mid package, but if the number gets too big for me I'll just go with a Base and Squatch. For me it's just having the opportunity to own one and make it my own. The next time around I will go a little bigger hopefully. Also hoping they have the Bronco truck by then.
Wanted 33, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Aug 26, 2020

I have this odd want for the "high-level instrument panel"
I'm sure it's been talked about somewhere... what's the difference between this and the 8" ?
[O- 725 -O]

Rank V

Aug 26, 2020

I'm sure it's been talked about somewhere... what's the difference between this and the 8" ?

This is different from the 8'' or 12'' center display screens. This is the instrument panel with your speedometer and such. There's sadly not much in the way of details at the moment aside from the Outer Banks, Badlands, and Wildtrak all coming with the "high-level instrument panel" while the Base, Big Bend, and Black Diamond have the "standard" display. It's incredibly vague for now. *laughs*
2dr Badlands, Velocity Blue, Lux Package, Squatch
Wanted 33, nic

Rank V

Aug 27, 2020

I'll bet it's a full digital dashboard instead of the physical speedometer plus screen that we have seen so far.
Wanted 33

Rank III

Aug 27, 2020

2-door Base with automatic and hard-top. I'll be just fine with the 2.3, and honestly it seems to get more aftermarket attention since it also comes in the Mustang and Ranger. Sasquatch would be nice.........which is my only remaining wishy-washy consideration
Wanted 33, BuzzyBud

Rank II

Aug 27, 2020

Well hello, I've already changed my mind since I posted this on Friday last. As I looked at the difference in the price between the base, and the BB it became even more muddied. I will have to pay $4885 (for what might be $2000 worth of upgrades) to move up to the BB trim just for the privilege of paying $1600 more for the mid package. I just can't justify that. Since my other cars have all those do-dads, and the bronco will be basically my "Old Man" play toy I'm gonna skip that stuff. I'm just gonna go with the 2 door base trim, 2.3L manual in Velocity Blue. I will try as I might not to change my mind again, but I have very little faith in my reserve. There is way to much time between now, and then. :)

Without all those do-dads people are just going to have to watch out for me in the parking lots, and not walk behind me when I'm backing.;):p:)
Deano Bronc, BuzzyBud