What psi on BFG KO2s in 245/65/17?

Bronclahoma
Oct 03, 2021

Rank III

Oct 03, 2021

Just had a set of these installed yesterday and drove off from Discount Tire without inquiring about air pressure. They were inflated to 45psi. I have to leave early in the a.m. to attend a funeeral. I have no experience on these tires, but thinking about airing down to 40. Any one running these tires? What psi?

No Ragerts

Oct 03, 2021

Just had a set of these installed yesterday and drove off from Discount Tire without inquiring about air pressure. They were inflated to 45psi. I have to leave early in the a.m. to attend a funeeral. I have no experience on these tires, but thinking about airing down to 40. Any one running these tires? What psi?
While I don’t have these tires in my Bronco, 45 PSI seems a bit high to me - I had them on my Rubicon and 38 PSI was the sweet spot on pavement for them…
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Bronclahoma

Rank III

Oct 03, 2021

While I don’t have these tires in my Bronco, 45 PSI seems a bit high to me - I had them on my Rubicon and 38 PSI was the sweet spot on pavement for them…
Thanks. That's what I thought. I lowered them to 38 after I posted. Just drove around town to grocery shop etc and they drove much better. I might even take them down to 36 since the BSs aren't heavy vehicles. These tires will get a workout this winter. Winters aren't that bad in OK, but I like to get out in snowy weather and take wildlife photos. I'm ready for a change in seasons.
Bschurr

Rank 0

Oct 03, 2021

45 psi works fine for me.

No offense intended, but I have no reason to take the recommendation of a random internet dweller over the recommended pressures from the manufacturer.

Rank III

Oct 03, 2021

45 psi works fine for me.

No offense intended, but I have no reason to take the recommendation of a random internet dweller over the recommended pressures from the manufacturer.
Well, I also talked to my son. He has had two sets of KO2s on lifted F150's and runs them at 36. He got 80,000 miles on the first one and has over 60 on the current one. Has also run them on a Rubicon with similar results. I have enough sense to watch for wear patterns and adjust psi. Also will rotate these every 5k. Thanks for your input.
Bschurr