What Jack will be Included with the 2021 Bronco?

TorgSurv

Rank VI

Champion II

Jul 13, 2020
Moab, Ut
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Torgersen
Member #

I have a question about high-lifts. Are newer ones lighter and and are they more or less sturdy/durable? I have one that must be 30 or 40 years old and it's impressively tough, but fairly heavy (~28lbs). Not sure if that's the norm. Seems like a lot to mount on the spare tire carrier, but I'm not sure where else to put it.

ufslide

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 21, 2021
Florida, USA
First Name
Mick
Last Name
Ronson
So we got an answer on this. Most of us will need to get an additional jack for on the trail. Here’s the included 2021 Bronco jack. First let’s look at where it’s stored.

In both the 4 Door and the 2 Door, the jack sits below a pull-up-panel in the rear cargo area.

View attachment 5494

Here’s what’s included in there: a scissor jack, an extension head for the jack, a small funnel for fueling the Bronco if you aren’t at a pump, and the handle and extensions for the jack itself in a nice fuzzy bag, the bag also include. Here are all the items laid out:
View attachment 5495

The extension head is held to the jack by one of the turn screws that secures the the head to the vehicle when stowed.
View attachment 5496

Above is the funnel installed for use. And here are the instructions on the fuel door:
View attachment 5497

The jack is used in other Ford models:

View attachment 5498
Finally, here’s the configuration in a 4 Door:
View attachment 5499
Hope that answers some the questions. I realize that there was some hope for something beefier but this is pretty standard fair for something included with the vehicle.
With that being the jack location—if you have the pull-out tailgate installed, how are you even supposed to get to the jack??

Reactions: Commodore

David

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

So we got an answer on this. Most of us will need to get an additional jack for on the trail. Here’s the included 2021 Bronco jack. First let’s look at where it’s stored.

In both the 4 Door and the 2 Door, the jack sits below a pull-up-panel in the rear cargo area.

View attachment 5494

Here’s what’s included in there: a scissor jack, an extension head for the jack, a small funnel for fueling the Bronco if you aren’t at a pump, and the handle and extensions for the jack itself in a nice fuzzy bag, the bag also include. Here are all the items laid out:
View attachment 5495

The extension head is held to the jack by one of the turn screws that secures the the head to the vehicle when stowed.
View attachment 5496

Above is the funnel installed for use. And here are the instructions on the fuel door:
View attachment 5497

The jack is used in other Ford models:

View attachment 5498
Finally, here’s the configuration in a 4 Door:
View attachment 5499
Hope that answers some the questions. I realize that there was some hope for something beefier but this is pretty standard fair for something included with the vehicle.
With that being the jack location—if you have the pull-out tailgate installed, how are you even supposed to get to the jack??
I asked this question to a Ford rep the other day. The answer is that the pull out tailgate is designed to still provide access to that compartment. Haven’t seen how it works but supposedly the final version’s top surface can be disengaged when the tailgate is fully slide out. Disengaging the top surface will provide access to the jack compartment.