Rank II

Advocate III

Dec 14, 2020
North Palm Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Wayne
The last month has been disappointing, I'm not in a hurry for a new Bronco, I just want the Ford Bronco team to get it right even if it takes another year or more. The whole interior color coordination by model is a real downer. Colors & software should Not dictate a model as it makes the vehicle seem Cheap/Fake, instead real hardware should determine the model differences. I'm also in no hurry to order, as I have yet to be able to configure my ideal Bronco on the current B&P. Ford has everything available to build it, but appears they are restricting me from configuring it. As of now I see half dozen area's that I will need to modify... which I don't mind if I already have the vehicle, but this is before I can even place the order! I was initially in July at a 9-10... now about 5-6... and really hoping Ford can bring us back up.
@TurboS-957 Well said.

Vigor

Rank V

Promoter III

Dec 31, 2020
Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Farrar
Member #

The last month has been disappointing, I'm not in a hurry for a new Bronco, I just want the Ford Bronco team to get it right even if it takes another year or more. The whole interior color coordination by model is a real downer. Colors & software should Not dictate a model as it makes the vehicle seem Cheap/Fake, instead real hardware should determine the model differences. I'm also in no hurry to order, as I have yet to be able to configure my ideal Bronco on the current B&P. Ford has everything available to build it, but appears they are restricting me from configuring it. As of now I see half dozen area's that I will need to modify... which I don't mind if I already have the vehicle, but this is before I can even place the order! I was initially in July at a 9-10... now about 5-6... and really hoping Ford can bring us back up.
Spot on

I have a running list of what I want to alter in an obx to make it how I want it.

• Painting the sas wheels black soon as I get the vehicle
  • Find a way to mix the roast CLOTH seats with the grey blue dash and white accents (I'd like to turn those cloth seats automatic but doesn't appear possible. I just find the leather seats too plain and too shiny otherwise I'd opt for them just to get automatic seats)
  • Swap for WILDTRAK grille
  • See if I can order black handles but this is no biggie
Maybe Ford will look at the data after this year and see that they need to be more flexible and liberal with the options for future model years?

Reldn

Rank V

Supporter II

Jul 17, 2020
Atlanta, MO
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Dowell
Member #

Went from a zero and back up to a 2, at least. I figured since I'm intending to wait for '22 to check out the Bronco. I may as well place another reservation since it should land me in that timeframe and lock me into that model year by this point.

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

Ford can't afford it to take anymore time than it has.One missed deadline after another.

Bronc96

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

Hello, i have a 5.8 ford bronco and wanna upgrade it but lack of ideas!
Welcome to Bronco Nation!

A lot of great info and resources here. What year Bronc? Plenty of options for your 5.8 though, much depends on budget. Engine, lift, off road equip...so many decisions! We have generation specific topics under the Legacy section so would also be a good place to post your question. :)

Blas L Armas

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jan 12, 2021
Miami fl
First Name
Blas
Last Name
Armas
It's a 1992 and not money to do what i want to do at once but i am taking parts off to sandblast the chassis and the bottom of the body and do a little body shop , not much its in a good condition, and go from there, little by little !

BroncoStoked

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 10, 2021
Lawrenceburg, TN, USA
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Stokes
Member #

I'd say 7.5. For me the Bronco is a symbol of hope and something of which to look forward. The new and cool factor is through the roof. I'll test driving Jeep Commanders and Ford Rangers soon, however, just to have a baseline to compare the driving experience to. You do see those more and more now so the cool factor just isn't there. I doubt I'd be tempted to buy one. I won't be ready to buy anything until June regardless...that's if our country doesn't turn into a set from the Walking Dead before then.

Bronc96

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

It's a 1992 and not money to do what i want to do at once but i am taking parts off to sandblast the chassis and the bottom of the body and do a little body shop , not much its in a good condition, and go from there, little by little !
Sounds like a good plan for your project. (y) Feel free to post some pics in the Gen 5 section. We have a good many Gen 5 owners here so plenty of resources. I currently have a 96 5.0 and have owned 3 big Broncs over the years. Love the big Broncs, they are great trucks!

1992-1996 (Gen 5)
https://community.thebronconation.com/forums/forums/1992-1996-gen-5.67/

Welcome and enjoy! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Deano Bronc

Hkak45

Rank VI

Champion I

Sep 11, 2020
Illinois, USA
First Name
Harold
Last Name
Kilowaski
Member #

I’m still at a 7ish. Super excited to (hopefully) get my Bronco later this year! It has been a emotionally bumpy road for this Bronco to come out but I still want it. Can’t wait to drive that manual transmission Bronco around with top and doors off.:cool:Figured the delays will make me save even more for a down payment. If Ford is listening please, please give us what Z plan price will be once we order here in a few days. Don’t know if I can order a vehicle if I don’t know what my final price is.

ONETONG8R

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 11, 2021
Hilliard, FL
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Jarrett
I'm hanging out around 6-7. Some days I see a picture of the Lightning Blue FE and it goes to a 9. My daily driver car needs to hold out until I get my Bronco and on cold mornings with no heat my excitement drops to a 3 and I just want something new to drive. I'd love get a Mansquatch but I'll take my auto Basquatch MY2021 if I can get it in the driveway.

AcesandEights

Rank V

Promoter II

Oct 22, 2020
Oregon, USA
First Name
Aresenio
Last Name
Beckman
My reservation was refunded when I switched dealers, so I don't have skin in the game. I think that's impacted my excitement somewhat. I can just sit and wait it out. My excitement has been dwindling, and if I had some money in a reservation, I might pull it, but I don't, so I just wait, no longer impatiently. I don't really care anymore.

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
TBD
Last Name
TBD
My Broncometer reading on January 3 had dropped from 9 to 3 as a result of the most recent Q&A with Esteban. I am happy to report it is now up to 8. It took me about 9 days to wrap my head around the "GVWR Dilemma" which surfaces during the Q&A. Now I understand how to work with the system and happiness has returned. Of course, the rollercoaster ride is far from over, but I am enjoying it today!