What is your Broncometer at the moment?

Roberto
Oct 19, 2020

Rank II

Oct 19, 2020

I was wondering after all the B&P date changes and other things happenings.How do you feel about getting a Bronco at the present from 1 to 10?
1. I don’t care, I won’t buy a bronco anymore
10. I love the bronco, I can’t wait to get one ASAP.

For me at the moment I feel like a 7 due to lack of real news of something happening.:)
BroncoStoked, jkburg
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2020

Road trip!!!

Oct 19, 2020

I'm a 6 or 7. The excitement is no longer there for me. It went down hill for me when August and September went by and there was no B&P. I reserved my Bronco on 13 July and probably wont get excited again until its time for delivery. Who knows when that will be.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Commodore, ROCKO

Rank V

Oct 19, 2020

I'm a 6 or 7.

You stole my answer.
2022 2D, WT, HPR, MIC, 2.7, Auto, Lux - 7/14/20 Res, 1/22/21 Order, 10/14/22 Re-Order, Built 2/19/22, Delivered 3/4/22

Deja vu all over again
Commodore, Bronc96

Rank VI

Oct 19, 2020

I'm probably about an 8.

B&P being delayed is a huge, massive nothing burger to me. Am I excited for it? of course! But we all knew that we were looking at ~1 year ~3 quarters between the announcement and delivery of the actual vehicles, so if there is a delay of a month of an online tool that doesn't impact the timing of delivery of the vehicles, so what? Just means there is a longer lull between announcement and B&P and a shorter lull between B&P and ordering. The cumulative amount of "lull" time hasn't changed, and the biggest lull of all is going to be between order and delivery!
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Commodore, Bronc96

Moab or bust!!!

Oct 19, 2020

I'm probably about an 8.

B&P being delayed is a huge, massive nothing burger to me. Am I excited for it? of course! But we all knew that we were looking at ~1 year between the announcement and delivery of the actual vehicles, so if there is a delay of a month of an online tool that doesn't impact the timing of delivery of the vehicles, so what? Just means there is a longer lull between announcement and B&P and a shorter lull between B&P and ordering. The cumulative amount of "lull" time hasn't changed, and the biggest lull of all is going to be between order and delivery!
Yeah, couldn't agree with you more. It's going to be a long wait no matter when B&P comes.
My excitement has been a rollercoaster but after seeing it at the Super Cel East event, it's definitely on the upswing!
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Slownstddy, Commodore

Road trip!!!

Oct 19, 2020

The cumulative amount of "lull" time hasn't changed, and the biggest lull of all is going to be between order and delivery!

So....will we start taking delivery in April or did this get moved back to June? Getting move back till June will take a little wind out of the sail.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Commodore, Bronc96

Rank V

Oct 19, 2020

1) I really want one, but I know they won't be available for over a year probably. 2) Never buy a 1st year model. 3) Rumors of really cool special/more hardcore editions 4) Vehicles often get nicer over time with updated designs that look better than the initial model.
CCDetroit, Commodore

Rank 0

Oct 19, 2020

Im about a 7. I received an email from Ford with an update on the build out configurator being released mid October and purchasing available in Dec/Jan. Here we are mid October and still no build configurator available.
Commodore, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Oct 19, 2020

I can understand the ebb and flow of emotions surrounding the Bronco. That decline and regrowth will parallel the information and activities surrounding the purchase and delivery.

For me, the Bronco is a piece in a much larger puzzle. All the related pieces keep the emotions high and fill the void between the Bronco milestones. This week activities have centered around video recording options. Next week communication options between vehicles. Then on to rescue and recovery gear. Decision making regarding training classes, etc. Somedays it seems like the time between now and June/July will not be enough.

Ultimately, the work will culminate with a journey to Black Bear Pass, CO, and Moab, UT.

So……. my Broncometer is at 10.
Slownstddy, SaddleUpWild

Gladesmen

Oct 19, 2020

1) I really want one, but I know they won't be available for over a year probably. 2) Never buy a 1st year model. 3) Rumors of really cool special/more hardcore editions 4) Vehicles often get nicer over time with updated designs that look better than the initial model.
Rusty, about 2) I used to feel the same way but after buying a 2001 first Gen Escape that was a great vehicle got 8 years of use then sold it to a guy in the area and still see it running around. Also bought a first year of the new rebuilt 2008 Malibu that was a great car as well. I think with the Bronco they have put a lot into this vehicle that they can’t afford to mess it up (they don’t want another 6.0l diesel fiasco again)Also it is not a totally new vehicle they are using a tried engine and the platform is the Ranger so it been tested.

I am at an 8, it will not change until I get to order, then it will go up to a 9, when they say come pick it up it will go to 11.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Commodore, Bronc96

Rank VI

Oct 19, 2020

So....will we start taking delivery in April or did this get moved back to June? Getting move back till June will take a little wind out of the sail.
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that I had any information that deliveries were being pushed out!!!!!!! Adjusted my statement in my original post :)
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Commodore, Bronc96

Rank VI

Oct 19, 2020

8-9 for me. The wife and I have been spending our time purchasing all new camping equipment that we can’t wait to load up in the new Bronco and hit the trails
BroncoStoked, Commodore

Rank V

Oct 19, 2020

Rusty, about 2) I used to feel the same way but after buying a 2001 first Gen Escape that was a great vehicle got 8 years of use then sold it to a guy in the area and still see it running around. Also bought a first year of the new rebuilt 2008 Malibu that was a great car as well. I think with the Bronco they have put a lot into this vehicle that they can’t afford to mess it up (they don’t want another 6.0l diesel fiasco again)Also it is not a totally new vehicle they are using a tried engine and the platform is the Ranger so it been tested.

I am at an 8, it will not change until I get to order, then it will go up to a 9, when they say come pick it up it will go to 11.
True... but the manual transmission, \the suspension and off-road systems are all brand new... including the removable roof and doors. LOTS of opportunity for failure or defect.

And ford has suffered recall after recall over the years.
Commodore, Bronc96

Gladesmen

Oct 19, 2020

True... but the manual transmission, \the suspension and off-road systems are all brand new... including the removable roof and doors. LOTS of opportunity for failure or defect.

Dang it, I didn’t want to bring up the manual since that is the route I am going. For me that is the one fuzzy issue, but I do have a Getrag in my car with 353511 miles and never an issue still original everything. So I do have a little faith, And crossed fingers
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Commodore, Bronc96

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Oct 19, 2020

Please try to curb your enthusiasm...

I know what you saying, I'm not worried.
As for my Broncometer, well in the morning...
Commodore, Bronc96

Rank VI

Oct 19, 2020

I can understand the ebb and flow of emotions surrounding the Bronco. That decline and regrowth will parallel the information and activities surrounding the purchase and delivery.

For me, the Bronco is a piece in a much larger puzzle. All the related pieces keep the emotions high and fill the void between the Bronco milestones. This week activities have centered around video recording options. Next week communication options between vehicles. Then on to rescue and recovery gear. Decision making regarding training classes, etc. Somedays it seems like the time between now and June/July will not be enough.

Ultimately, the work will culminate with a journey to Black Bear Pass, CO, and Moab, UT.

So……. my Broncometer is at 10.
BuzzyBud, I just knew you would be a 10 and I knew how you were approaching this- as a journey and not just a destination! You bring an excitement to this journey that is great to see. Thank you.

I am working on doing a mini version on that as well. I recently got a copy of the Four-Wheeler's bible and a copy of forum member Zuercher's book on the Ford Bronco. Also re-listened to every episode of Bring Back Bronco on my way up to SuperCel East. That was a great way to travel up to see the new Bronco.

Also, knowing that there is a strong partnership with Filson, I decided to get a jump on any discount items ahead of time that can be fixtures in the new rig. I found two very nice Filson bags online in Otter Green that will be my gear bags in the back. I also reviewed videos and information on Viair compressors. Will wait to see if there are some great Black Friday specials for gear like this through Amazon or other retailers.

I will continue to read BN forum members posts on their excitement for the new Bronco and try to learn as much as I can as well. We may all need to keep each other going a bit through this as time goes on but I know we can all enjoy the journey together.

Ten here!
IL21Bronco, Commodore
SandboxGeneral

Oct 19, 2020

I'd say a 5. I have no control over B&P, no control of when orders will be accepted and no control over delivery dates. Therefore I remain steadfast in my decision to buy the new Bronco and I tell myself each time I think of it that, 'I'll get it when I get it.'

“Learn to be indifferent to what makes no difference.” – Marcus Aurelius
SKetelaar, Commodore

Rank VI

Oct 19, 2020

I would say I am an 8 for the Bronco.

I am getting frustrated by the confusion of what pieces/parts come with what model/package, and the view of what a true production Bronco will look like. Seems we see a lot of prototypes that aren’t 100% the model that will come off the production line. In the end does that matter to me.... probably not.

IMO build and price will only add to my questions and confusion. I just want to know what to expect on price for the big items.

My problem is I am a 15 for the performance/Warthog/Raptor Bronco.
Gtrekker, Commodore

RedNexican X Apalacian American: Goofyness!

Oct 19, 2020

3.75 not remotely impressed with the rollout, or problems associated with it.

Like the truck though (I think).

L.R.
Commodore, Bronc96

Rank V

Oct 19, 2020

Please try to curb your enthusiasm...

I know what you saying, I'm not worried.
As for my Broncometer, well in the morning...
I'm not worried either, and I'm sure the Bronco will be a huge success...but I also value my time. I'll let the early adopters deal with the recalls and extra dealership trips.
Commodore, Bronc96