What is the most challenging Bronco Off Roadeo location?

the poacher
Aug 30, 2021

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Aug 30, 2021

I have not yet booked a reservation at any of the four locations, as I have been patiently waiting for the newest three locations to get open and established with our members.

Now that we are starting to get feedback from all four locations, my question to all of you is, what is the most challenging course/trail from the four locations? As I would like to attend the location with the most difficult terrain, any input you can provide to help me decide would be much appreciated.

As it stands right now, it would appear that New Hampshire has the most challenging terrain, would you all agree?
jkburg, LoneRanger
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2021

Rank VI

Aug 30, 2021

I have not yet booked a reservation at any of the four locations, as I have been patiently waiting for the newest three locations to get open and established with our members.

Now that we are starting to get feedback from all four locations, my question to all of you is, what is the most challenging course/trail from the four locations? As I would like to attend the location with the most difficult terrain, any input you can provide to help me decide would be much appreciated.

As it stands right now, it would appear that New Hampshire has the most challenging terrain, would you all agree?

Having attended the OR NH location, I found the obstacles to be challenging. In New Hampshire you encounter an abundance of trees and rocks. Rocks which can easily shift under your Bronco. That requires patience and finesse. When you merge those two skills with the Bronco technology magic happens.

Another aspect of New Hampshire is the relatively high quantity of rain. That can dramatically alter the trails as rocks shift within the mud.

What NH lacks is wide open spaces for high-speed trail running. The best we could do was a speed of 17mph for a relatively short span of time.

Although opportunity for vehicle damage is always present, if you go slow and follow the instructors directions, you will do fine.
Bronc96, TK1215

Rank V

Aug 30, 2021

I should be able to let you know about NH in about four weeks. :cool: I'm scheduled for the end of September.
4 Dr OB/Carbonized Grey/SAS/Soft Top/2.7L/Auto/Lux/Tow Pkg
Reserved-7/15/20, Initial Order-1/30/21, Updated to Soft Top-6/28/21, Scheduled Build-10/19/21, In Prod-10/25, Built 11/1/21, Del 11/30/21
Bronco_Girl, the poacher

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 30, 2021

, if you go slow and follow the instructors directions, you will do fine.

That disqualifies most people.
LoneRanger, Bronco_Girl

Wank ER

Aug 30, 2021

I "did" Nevada and while fairly challenging, we ddin't go over 14mph. I read Moab let's you open it up a bit more. I would choose that as a #2 if I ever did it. The unique and absolutely breathtaking terrain and options to slab climb, rock crawl and then speed it up is amazing. It also would be the most difficult to get to. We took a Jeep through Moab in April and it was a just amazing. It also has varying wetaher including snow. (not my picture but if you're afraid of heights tread very lightly - it takes being there to see how high the pictured cliff is)
https://dixie4wheeldrive.com/sites/default/files/Jeeping%20Moab%20Utah%204X4%20Shop.jpg
2021 FE Cactus Grey
jkburg, M_S Eastland

Rank VI

Aug 30, 2021

Maybe an actual instructor who has driven most or all of the courses could chime in and comment.
Rgwinn, the poacher

Rank XII

Aug 30, 2021

Most of southern Louisiana yesterday would have been tough off-roading -- thoughts and prayers to those recovering.
Munky, Bronco_Girl
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Aug 31, 2021

Maybe an actual instructor who has driven most or all of the courses could chime in and comment.
@jparker, you've been on the trails at all of the locations -- what do you think?
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Bronc96, Buckin'

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Aug 31, 2021

Having attended the OR NH location, I found the obstacles to be challenging. In New Hampshire you encounter an abundance of trees and rocks. Rocks which can easily shift under your Bronco. That requires patience and finesse. When you merge those two skills with the Bronco technology magic happens.

Another aspect of New Hampshire is the relatively high quantity of rain. That can dramatically alter the trails as rocks shift within the mud.

What NH lacks is wide open spaces for high-speed trail running. The best we could do was a speed of 17mph for a relatively short span of time.

Although opportunity for vehicle damage is always present, if you go slow and follow the instructors directions, you will do fine.
Hey Buzzy Bud,
I appreciate your insights. As I live in B.C., our terrain is much more like NH's, and from what I have seen in pictures and videos so far, it appears to be the most challenging. The high speed portions doesn't really draw for me as we have very few areas that we can wind a Bronco out. Thanks!
BuzzyBud

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Aug 31, 2021

I "did" Nevada and while fairly challenging, we ddin't go over 14mph. I read Moab let's you open it up a bit more. I would choose that as a #2 if I ever did it. The unique and absolutely breathtaking terrain and options to slab climb, rock crawl and then speed it up is amazing. It also would be the most difficult to get to. We took a Jeep through Moab in April and it was a just amazing. It also has varying wetaher including snow. (not my picture but if you're afraid of heights tread very lightly - it takes being there to see how high the pictured cliff is)
https://dixie4wheeldrive.com/sites/default/files/Jeeping%20Moab%20Utah%204X4%20Shop.jpg
Hey Deepshag,
If your photo represented the trails in Nevada, I would be very impressed. As you stated though it is not, very disappointing, lol. You describe Nevada as "fairly" challenging, would this description be against what you have seen at the other locations? How would you rate it vs the other three, based on what you have seen? One last question, why did you chose Nevada?

Rank V

Aug 31, 2021

Heading there September 23rd
Base 2-door, 2.3L, 7 spd, MIC Top, Oxford White, Roof Rails, Modular Bumper, Headliner, Floor Liners, Aux Switches
Build week of 2-7-22, Build 2-10-22, WS 2/18, New Blend 2/25, Built 2/27, del 3/2
TEEDEE, the poacher

Rank IV

Aug 31, 2021

Likewise.
TEEDEE, BuzzyBud

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Aug 31, 2021

Alright Hiker,
You must post vids/photos to help guide our decisions. Have a great time!
HikerAT22, TEEDEE

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Aug 31, 2021

Likewise.
Hey Khayze427,
Make sure that you take some photos/vid's of the challenging stuff, as it will help guide us all in to making our decisions. I know that you will have a great time!

Rank III

Rank III

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Sep 01, 2021

Couple
Pics from texas
Hey tphigh,

Those are some great photos, that first one, of the AMB, definitely looks challenging. I really appreciate you posting these. I have to admit that Texas appears to be difficult, especially if it rains.
tphigh2001

Wank ER

Sep 01, 2021

Hey Deepshag,
If your photo represented the trails in Nevada, I would be very impressed. As you stated though it is not, very disappointing, lol. You describe Nevada as "fairly" challenging, would this description be against what you have seen at the other locations? How would you rate it vs the other three, based on what you have seen? One last question, why did you chose Nevada?

I chose NV because I can drive there. (10 hours) from NorCal. I also thought the terrain might be closer to what I see - I haven’t looked into The other 3 too extensively- I trust @BuzzyBud and his great write up on NH. That one may be the most unique site due to the forest location. I did a 2 part write up on my experiences and the Off Roadeo portion of the forum is slowly but surely building up with write ups and opinions. I don’t think you can go wrong. Also, in NV they have 1,100 sq miles of potential trails and we just did a tiny portion. Each day can change based upon the instructor’s thoughts on the group’s skills, experience and nuttiness. I joked that being in Vegas they may have some not so ready to rumble participants, but what happens in …..you know.
2021 FE Cactus Grey
SlashRacer, Bronc96

Rank III

Sep 01, 2021

Hey tphigh,

Those are some great photos, that first one, of the AMB, definitely looks challenging. I really appreciate you posting these. I have to admit that Texas appears to be difficult, especially if it rains.
Texas was amazing, the pics don't do it justice and some of the most difficult areas we did not get pics of. this first one at top of the hill is a sharp left turn over some decent size rock ledges. I went as I hadn't really offloaded in 25 years and never done rock crawling to speak of and not I am hooked. I wanted to learn about the bronco and feel what rock climbing, off roading could be like and it is amazing. The Bronco does all the work. We learned (both my wife and I) how to use the features, spotting techniques, picking lines, etc. I have already hooked up with a buddy who is in a jeep club to keep learning and playing. Wy wife said told her friend on the drive down "I don't get it, its like a cult or something?" Once she did the off rodeo and did a little driving herself she is hooked....

I don't know which one is most challenging, but I do know if they are like Texas, you will have an amazing time and fall in love with the new bronco even more. It IS that great an experience. Hell, I want to go to other sites, which I am told you can but have to pay the fee, but even paying full price it is worth it.
Hobgoblin, Bronc96

Rank III

Sep 01, 2021

I know I am posting a lot about Texas, but I haven't really seen this in other write ups. As a somewhat newbie, the coolest thing for me was on day two Eric and Amy (our guides) would have us pick our own lines and even on more difficult stuff have us try them with no lockers and place either a front or rear locker in if needed. and do same with sway bar disconnect on different obstacles. learning the two foot driving with rear brake, etc. Getting to feel it was pretty awesome.
Bronc96, the poacher