What is the fasination with 4 door trucks and SUV's?

paul rondelli
Jul 28, 2021

Rank VI

Jul 28, 2021

Maybe I'm just really old school ... but the novelty of 4 door trucks and small SUV's/jeeps has worn off for me. I have owned ( and daily driven) my Broncos for 15 years and I have sat in the back seat twice. If you want to be the car pool guy or Uber drive your friends around ... then get a 4 door sedan or mini van. If you want to ride in my Bronco then shut the hell up and climb in the back.

The ease of entry and comfort for my rear seat passengers are of secondary concern ... compared to having an ugly 4 door ride. I'm just not a fan.... sorry. If you put any 4 door truck/ SUV/Jeep and park it beside the 2 door version and you can honestly say the 4 door version looks better.... then more power to you ... the 4 door version of any motorized transporation will alwys look boxy and out of porportion compared to it's sleek two door cousin.. to me.

I Love my kids .... but they can lift the seat and climb their ass in the back... just like anyone else.

Sorry for the rant
KJC76, 14U
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2021

Life is a Highway

Jul 28, 2021

Maybe I'm just really old school ... but the novelty of 4 door trucks and small SUV's/jeeps has worn off for me. I have owned ( and daily driven) my Broncos for 15 years and I have sat in the back seat twice. If you want to be the car pool guy or Uber drive your friends around ... then get a 4 door sedan or mini van. If you want to ride in my Bronco then shut the hell up and climb in the back.

The ease of entry and comfort for my rear seat passengers are of secondary concern ... compared to having an ugly 4 door ride. I'm just not a fan.... sorry. If you put any 4 door truck/ SUV/Jeep and park it beside the 2 door version and you can honestly say the 4 door version looks better.... then more power to you ... the 4 door version of any motorized transporation will alwys look boxy and out of porportion compared to it's sleek two door cousin.. to me.

I Love my kids .... but they can lift the seat and climb their ass in the back... just like anyone else.

Sorry for the rant
For me personally it is about more flexibility in what I can do. And I actually like the way the four door looks. Love the two doors also though.
BroncoFred, TitsLaRue

Rank V

Jul 28, 2021

Bring back the days when you could get a pickup with 2 doors and a full sized bed! Does anyone make them at all?
4 Door Badlands: Carbonized Gray, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Towing Package, 35" Tires ETC
Crowza, VegasJason

Rank II

Jul 28, 2021

SUVs are the contemporary station wagon/van/mini van. I understand the 4 door SUV for families, but not so much for 1-2 people. They are just super popular and people have a tendency to go with the flow…
VegasJason, AcesandEights

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 28, 2021

Sorry for the rant
Only construction companies had crew cabs.

No one is riding in the back of my Bronco.So I don't need extra doors.

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 28, 2021

Bring back the days when you could get a pickup with 2 doors and a full sized bed! Does anyone make them at all?
Bring back manual transmissions too.Ford does make a 2 door full size but its stupid expensive.Used to be trucks were popular because they were CHEAPER than cars.
Curtiss BadSas, Deano Bronc

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Jul 28, 2021

Bring back manual transmissions too.Ford does make a 2 door full size but its stupid expensive. Used to be trucks were popular because they were CHEAPER than cars.

If I didn't like offroading, I'd get the other Horse instead.

I don't like the whole SUV/Truck craze, and don't drive with enough people to justify a backrow, so anyone else who gets in will have to shaddup 'n git'in the back! Hopefully there'll be enough summer left for them to enjoy it, but always fall and spring just in case. Also, Auto makes you lazy and careless, my friend's a Red (Russian), he can drink like a horse, so he'll DD, but damn he's gonna get in trouble some day between that phone in his one hand and his crazier than me driving
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
the poacher, TK1215

Rank VI

Jul 28, 2021

That's the only way to get a standard cab, with the long bed, if you're buying a Ford (Super Duty). I'd rather have the standard cab and short bed (but you can't buy that config), for the better breakover angle, but that's just me.

The backseat in the JL is folded forward and it's only in there at all because I've been too lazy and it's been too hot outside to pull it out completely.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Khayze427, PSUTE

Rank V

Jul 28, 2021

Two of us, two doors. If I had kids at home, 4 doors would be the way I'd go. Having said that, I like that I have an extended cab pick up for keeping things dry...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery

Rank IV

Jul 28, 2021

Sorry for the rant

Hey that's great, and that's why you don't need to buy a four door! For us, it offers ease of use for utility and to put our dogs in the back.

2 door looks great and like a classic. And that's why ford made three versions!
Speed Devil

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 28, 2021

Hey that's great, and that's why you don't need to buy a four door! For us, it offers ease of use for utility and to put our dogs in the back.

2 door looks great and like a classic. And that's why ford made three versions!
3 versions?

Rank VI

Jul 28, 2021

You haven't pre-ordered your 6G-3rd version yet? Man, you aren't going to get one until 2030, just about the time they kill off the internal combustion engine!
Ocbroncobecky, KennyMac

Home, home on the range

Jul 28, 2021

3 versions?
This was my question too!
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022

Rank VI

Jul 28, 2021

Why does it matter? Whatever you want get, what you want. 2 door, 4 door, it's all just a personal preference. Be happy with whatever you've ordered and be happy with whatever someone else is ordering. There's enough 2vs4 on the other site, and frankly it's pretty ridiculous.
Brobee, Wamland

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 28, 2021

You haven't pre-ordered your 6G-3rd version yet? Man, you aren't going to get one until 2030, just about the time they kill off the internal combustion engine!
At the rate they are closing off my fishing areas, I won't need a Bronco by time they get off their dead ass.Last week I had vacation and 2 more parking areas at fishing spots were closed.Its depressing.
The Jeep dealer wanted 42k for a Sport. No way I'm paying that for that.
AcesandEights

Life is a Highway

Jul 28, 2021

Version #3 Sport :unsure:
14U, Buckin Bronco

Home, home on the range

Jul 28, 2021

My apologies to the Sport. I wasn't thinking
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
SlashRacer, TK1215

Rank VI

Jul 28, 2021

@Bronco5.0 You've mentioned that fishing thing a few times. Maybe it's time to move?

Rank VI

Jul 28, 2021

At the rate they are closing off my fishing areas, I won't need a Bronco by time they get off their dead ass.Last week I had vacation and 2 more parking areas at fishing spots were closed.Its depressing.
The Jeep dealer wanted 42k for a Sport. No way I'm paying that for that.
My state closed off from the Idaho border all the way to the Cascades because they were worried people would start wildlife. That’s 3/4 of the state. No public lands access.

Rank VI

Jul 29, 2021

Sounds like a very dramatic over-exaggeration, but I'd like to know more. No fishing areas are open from Idaho to the Cascades in what state? Can you post a link @Bronco_Girl