What is the "DIRT MOUNTAIN" I keep hearing about?

BuckYeah
Nov 14, 2021

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Nov 14, 2021

I've read about the "Dirt Mountain" in several posts, but I have no idea what people are talking about. Help a noob out, please... :)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
Bandit Bronco
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2021

No Ragerts

Nov 14, 2021

I've read about the "Dirt Mountain" in several posts, but I have no idea what people are talking about. Help a noob out, please... :)
It’s the colloquial name for the location where all the 2021 Broncos with defective hard tops live.
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
BuckYeah, Barearav

Bandit_2021_bronco

Nov 14, 2021

Dirt mountain is the infamous holding lot located near MAP or Michigan assembly plant. My Bronco was stuck for over 90 days waiting on a new MIC top.
2 Door Black Diamond / Shadow Black / BN #337 - 7/13/20 reservation - 7/13/21 blend date
Delivered 10/19/2021
Instagram
BuckYeah

Nov 15, 2021

Thanks, guys. I was in the dark for a while and wanted to be in the know. Now I'm picturing Dirt Mountain as a corral for unruly ponies. :p

I hope they finally freed your pony from the corral, Josh!
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
BroncoFred, Milkbaby

Rank IV

Nov 15, 2021

Thanks, guys. I was in the dark for a while and wanted to be in the know. Now I'm picturing Dirt Mountain as a corral for unruly ponies. :p
Oh yes the infamous Dirt Mountain mine broke free from the corral and I got her 1.5 weeks ago!
I hope they finally freed your pony from the corral, Josh!
BuckYeah

Road trip!!!

Nov 15, 2021

This is Dirt Mountain. You can see the dirt pile, hence the name Dirt Mountain.

2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Deano Bronc, Bschurr

Burrito Connoisseur

Nov 15, 2021

Here is the location of dirt mountain in comparison to Michigan Assembly Plant (where the Broncos are assembled), for those curious.

Link to map.

dirtmtn.PNG
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Bschurr, BuckYeah

Nov 15, 2021

You guys are the best! Thanks especially for the reference materials. I hope all those ponies find homes soon. Or get back to their homes, in some cases.
Bschurr

Rank V

Nov 16, 2021

1637026657611.jpeg

I did not take this picture…I did a screenshot from someone else’s post (Apologies to who ever I stole it from!!!!) but it’s a great shot of all the Bad Batch Broncos, sitting waiting for new roofs…and the aforementioned Dirt Mountain in the center of it all.
ResidualGenius, MESTUNTMAN

Nov 16, 2021

Thanks, Lauren! That really is a mountain of dirt. I wonder where it originated. Possibly excavated soil from nearby construction, or just accumulated from leveling that huge parking field, is my guess. Lot of sad ponies in that pasture. :(
BroncoFred

Rank II

Nov 16, 2021

It's a magical farm when MIC top Broncos are grown. There is a report of recent harvest with one of those being rail shipped to my local dealer. I will try to confirm the story by end of the month!
BuckYeah, Bschurr

Road trip!!!

Nov 16, 2021

View attachment 22010

I did not take this picture…I did a screenshot from someone else’s post (Apologies to who ever I stole it from!!!!) but it’s a great shot of all the Bad Batch Broncos, sitting waiting for new roofs…and the aforementioned Dirt Mountain in the center of it all.
I wouldn’t apologize for stealing their photo. I’m sure it is perfectly legal to fly a drone right next to an airport. I bet the FAA would love to know who flew this drone right next to the airport.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
BuckYeah, ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Nov 16, 2021

I wouldn’t apologize for stealing their photo. I’m sure it is perfectly legal to fly a drone right next to an airport. I bet the FAA would love to know who flew this drone right next to the airport.
Yes this is 100% illegal and very dangerous to fly next to runways.
MY21 2dr Black Diamond 7MT Velocity Blue!
BuckYeah, ResidualGenius

Libations MOD

Nov 16, 2021

View attachment 22010

I'd not claim it either since its a huge FAA violation!
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
BuckYeah

Rank V

Nov 16, 2021

View attachment 22010

Holy $hit I never Got to see this picture before out of the many others.
Tim Bolt

U.S. ARMY RANGER / ASE MASTER TECH.
BuckYeah

Rank III

Nov 16, 2021

Do you think a Cessna 172 passenger could snap a picture?