What is next for some?

Jakesbronco
Aug 13, 2021

Rank III

Aug 13, 2021

Anyone after today’s news going to buy another vehicle other than the Bronco?
Cliffhanger, Rgwinn
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2021

Rank III

Aug 13, 2021

Punched that ticket months ago and really enjoying my 2nd 4Runner.
Good thing too because finding a new one at the price I got this in April, aint happening.

IMG_2121.jpg
Gunninja1, nic

Home, home on the range

Aug 13, 2021

I don't need the Bronco. I ordered because finally there was a vehicle available that had everything I was looking for. I will stay the course and get the Bronco I wanted. My current daily just isn't as fun to drive.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Aradmcc, the poacher

Rank III

Aug 13, 2021

My hype has nearly all been squashed. I just expect disappointment now. The Bronco is still the only new vehicle I'm interested in but was forced to buy a more reliable daily in April so in no rush. The longer I wait, the more chance some other manufacturer will release something I'll be more interested in.
Gunninja1, nic

Rank V

Aug 13, 2021

I was lucky enough to get my bronco last Saturday, but was looking for something else in case that fell through. Although The bronco was the only thing that peeked my interest. I am not a fan of jeeps, but I do enjoy parking next to them at the hospital.
Gunninja1, Howdy

Rank V

Aug 13, 2021

Dropped my original reservation back in December and picked up my 4Runner in March. Ended up placing another Bronco reservation and converting to an order in July. Just holding out for the MY22 options.

Sadly, this latest round of bad news most likely has me looking at receiving my 2dr Bronco sometime in '23 at this point. I've got this rig to have fun on some trails with in the meantime, so, I can wait. (Though, if the disappointments keep piling on then I may trade in my Patriot for a 2dr Wrangler instead.)
PXL_20210808_213254026.jpg
2dr Badlands, Velocity Blue, Lux Package, Squatch
1Five1 Garage, Pazzo

Rank VI

Aug 13, 2021

Nah, the Bronco is a "want it", not "need it" for me. If I wasn't getting a Bronco, I wouldn't be in the market for a new vehicle.

I drove my '97 Mustang GT for 17 years. My 2013 Escape is only 8 years old. That's barely even broken in. I do still feel a modicum of guilt at indulging in a $50k+ vehicle that I want when I don't need one.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Broncophile, Gunninja1

Rank V

Aug 13, 2021

I don't need the vehicle, it's a want so I'll continue to wait it out. However until last night I had a new Ford F-150 Lightning reserved and cancelled it. The Bronco launch has been a bad joke and I'm not potentially living through another botched launch with the Lightning! Ford will have to win my confidence back and I'm not making another major purchase until we have this pandemic society we live in at least somewhat behind us!
Gunninja1, Howdy

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Aug 13, 2021

if I didnt have a VIN and window sticker, I’d be hunting down a Mustang GT Convertible with stick in Orange, Green or Red.

At this point, babies coming, so don’t wanna be a bad dad and abandon it
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
Gunninja1, Howdy

Rank VI

Aug 13, 2021

I’m getting worn out. There’s going to be a gazillion of these things in the coming years. The hype will pass. And they’ll be a dime a dozen, just like the model A . Cool car but not worth anything.
Gunninja1, Reldn

Rank V

Aug 13, 2021

I was lucky enough to get my bronco last Saturday, but was looking for something else in case that fell through. Although The bronco was the only thing that peeked my interest. I am not a fan of jeeps, but I do enjoy parking next to them at the hospital.

I was in the same boat. Having a YJ previously almost kept me from from even considering a Bronco. I can't wait to park next to Jeeps (that is once I get it). It's already made, but I think it went into purgatory... Boo!
Gunninja1, Speed Devil

Gladesmen

Aug 13, 2021

Ugh! I will wait for my Bronco but if the dealership tries to tack on an ADM I will go and buy a Gladiator, or a Colorado Bison. And probably never buy a new Ford again. Information is rather poor and I am only getting about 1/4 of the information the rest of you are getting. If it wasn’t for BN I would be a complete mushroom.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
GeoRockGirl, Broncophile

Rank II

Aug 13, 2021

I still want my BRONCO - which I reserved exactly one year ago today, and won't be getting until sometime in '22. BUT, I am truly perplexed and wondering WTF is going on at FORD and who's really driving the proverbial bus over there. We've heard every possible excuse from FORD, and yesterdays media announcement felt like a kick in the balls. It's very unfortunate that FORD isn't more transparent, open and direct with their 125,000 loyal, patient customers. A mass email letting customers know first, would have been a great way to keep customers in the "know". From the media, it sounds as though we might all get production dates in September. Would this be what FORD promised in May, but did not deliver? Having at least a "target" date would allow the 125,000 customers to be able to properly plan things like, "Should I put a set of tires on my current car, should I do my brakes sooner than later, or other maintenance items that I wouldn't particularly want to invest in, if a "target" date was known. Guess I'll call my shop and schedule an oil change. Thanks FORD. Hope the BRONCO is better than FORDS commitment to their customers. If many more issues arise, FORD might be finding many loyal customers walking away and choosing to make their investment into other companies.
GeoRockGirl, 14U

Rank V

Aug 13, 2021

Not rushing out to buy anything new, but I guess I'm heading to the junkyard this weekend to try to keep my 2004 f150 running for another year.
Manual BD 2 door, tow, roof rails, standard package. Reserve #1031xxx 7/20/20, ordered 3/6/21, reordered 11/16/21. Got the golden email 3/3/22, build scheduled week of 3/21/22.
Gunninja1, Howdy

Libations MOD

Aug 13, 2021

Probably looking at a Jeep, already have offers for $15k over my contracted price so why not and make money
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending

Rank VI

Aug 13, 2021

I am not using the Bronco as a daily driver. Since I work from my home or travel to the worksite, my Bronco is a weekend, vacation, trail running toy. I am lucky to be in that category, and the Bronco will be happy as well since it will be garaged and lovingly used for FUN! So, no rush (other than my anticipation) for delivery. So I will wait for the car I want. Not settling, regardless of Ford's start-up issues!
I wasn't there...
Howdy, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Aug 13, 2021

My daily is fun to drive so its not that sucky to have to wait in that aspect its just the constant pushing of dates for a vin that I have had since April that sucks with planning ahead. Also the $ going into my now daily from the additional use.
Horse with no name...
Race Red Badlands
Howdy
OBXBroncoGuy

Aug 13, 2021

Probably looking at a Jeep, already have offers for $15k over my contracted price so why not and make money
Yeah, Same here about the Jeep. Late 22 or a 23 just isnt worth waiting for, unless I dont get my deposit back, which would force me to wait

Rank 0

Aug 13, 2021

Anyone after today’s news going to buy another vehicle other than the Bronco?
Punching the ticket on a new jeep. Done with ford
Pazzo

Rank VI

Aug 13, 2021

Punched that ticket months ago and really enjoying my 2nd 4Runner.
Good thing too because finding a new one at the price I got this in April, aint happening.

Almost bought a 4Runner last year right before the reservation window opened for the Bronc. I ended up getting a two-door Wrangler Rubicon a month ago and am so happy with it, much more happy even than I thought I would be. When I found out I wasn't getting a 2021 Bronco I decided the Bronco just wasn't what I wanted any more. The 4Runner is nicer than the Wrangler in the comfort department, but the capability of the Wrangler is just phenomenal. Being able to order it exactly the way I want and have it arrive 8 weeks later, at a great price, was icing on the cake.

I really wanted a two-door Bronco, but am so glad I didn't compromise or continue to wait. Having fun now, in probably a better rig, sure beats waiting until some unknown time maybe a year or two from now.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Pazzo, BuzzyBud